• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Body's Natural Endorphins combined with recreational opiates/opioids

So you still think it are endorphins that are released after working out and THAT'S what's potentiating the high from opiates, right?

Couldn't it be something else, as already suggested? This is BY FAR NO evidence endorphins come into play here. Logic fails again..

Try it. neuropharmologically, there may be no specific "scientific data" to support the claim that endorphins are released from working out.

But let's consider this logic for a moment - what does is the body's natural response to pain? Why, painkillers!

And what are painkillers? Endorphins. All opiates/oids really are are an imitation of the body's natural response to pain, releasing the endorphins that would have already been released from some sort of physical exercise.

Maybe not neuropharmological logic, backed by scientists laboring away behind computers and studying rats, but it's just plain fucking OBVIOUS logic.

Like I have said numerous times throughout this post, go work out, and see how you feel. tell me if you feel like you're tweaking, high on marijuana, or if you just ate about 15-20 of vicodin (depending on the degree of your workout).

Of course, this challenge requires you get off your (no assumptions, just for comic relief mind you ;) ) lazy ass and go work out. I double dog dare you.

Similar experiment; take soma's together with your opiates/benzo's.. It adds to the euphoria and relaxation, doesn't it? Isn't it just the same after a big work-out..?

And FYI, I do work-out.. Not as often as I should, but hey, I'm a stoner. ;)

tell me if you feel like you're tweaking, high on marijuana, or if you just ate about 15-20 of vicodin (depending on the degree of your workout).

a) It doesn't matter what you feel like. Endorphin does not = oxycodone, heroin, etc.

b) When you're injured and your body is releasing endorphins, do you feel like you're high on opiates? No.

You're trying to dispute science because you feel more of an opiate high when you workout than a marijuana high. Think about how this sounds.

PhorIndicator, no.

The body has many pain reducing mechanisms, most of which, have nothing to do with beta-endoprhin.

As I've said, how do you know its beta-endoprhin, and not one of the miriade of the bodies other opiates?

Seeing as exersise induced mood enhancements arn't competely blocked by large doses opioid antagonists, it would again indicate that endogenous opiates at least aren't the sole player.

And davesoviet's point b) is also very true.

Last edited:
UMM, taking EPHEDRINE along with working out is NOT proven to do damage to cardiovascular system..now, in persons who have PRIOR heart/health problems taking EPHEDRINE can equal DEATH..in a healthy individual, taking small amounts of ephedrine will NOT do damage to your heart etc etc..dont believe everything the news broadcasts tell ya..

like everything, ephedrine and possible damage done is dependant and well as dependant on the specific individual..

not everyone knows the status of their heart and whether they have underlying conditions which would make taking ephedrine dangerous or even deadly. trying to encourage others to do this without really knowing if those individuals have cardiac problems is irresponsible. and youre not just saying to take small amounts of ephedrine, youre saying to take ephedrine AND work out, which puts strain on the heart AND take opiates. even for a healthy individual this would not be a healthy combo. sure you might feel great on it, but that doesn't mean you're not fucking up your body...

however, a few times when i cut myself by mistake, i can feel a mild "rush" which is very pleasant and feels similar to opiates. maybe thats why some people enjoy cutting themselves on purpose ("cutters")? but i dont have any experience with extreme injuries or anything so cant comment on how that feels.

davesoviet said:
a) It doesn't matter what you feel like. Endorphin does not = oxycodone, heroin, etc.

b) When you're injured and your body is releasing endorphins, do you feel like you're high on opiates? No.

You're trying to dispute science because you feel more of an opiate high when you workout than a marijuana high. Think about how this sounds.

Invalid argument. when one is injured, they are utilizing their endorphins to kill the pain and therefore do experience the euphoria. Exercising and lifting weights is not and injury, so the euphoria can flow freely :) I love it. It's like taking hydrocodone every day.

Also, i don't know how hard ya'll are working out, either. I work out pretty fucking hard. Maybe that could be an issue dependent on the amount of endorphin-induced ;) euphoria i experience afterwards.

Also, I compared it to a marijuana high ONLY because someone else brought it up as a point of issue earlier in the thread. Go Look. I am too lazy too right now