• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Bluelight weekly photography contest Round 19: Night

flamingbaldievw2.jpg

^^^^ haha looks like fun.........is that you Klue? also while we are at it........is that you in your avatar?

FunkyMunkeyAlien said:
I do!!

Now... how do i get it to you??

From memory Silly Alien was encouraging people to provide links so people can download the full version........if its OK with the owner of course.

So get it hosted and just provide the link in here.......

MazDan said:
^^^^ haha looks like fun.........is that you Klue? also while we are at it........is that you in your avatar?

Nope that is a photo of a mate. I have photos of me doing crazy stuff like that eg blowing a mouthfull of kero across a flame but they werent taken by me and that would be againts the rules of the comp.

And yes, that is me in my avatar. Can you notice that its a GIF and im blinking? I am thinking of changing it to something more recognisable.

Congrats on your mod position btw MazDan

FunkyMunkeyAlien said:
It was hard to decide which photo...

Went to the coast last weekend... Got some amazing shots down at the beach...

I went for this one.... I managed to get this shot, The moon was covered by the clouds alot of the time... but for about 5 minutes or so, it was peeking through...

bluemoon.jpg

I was amazed it came out though... My camera is now full of sand... Because my tripping boyfriend decided it would be sand proof.... :(
how was that shot taken?

I was laying in the sand.. In a dune.. pointed my camera up.. and waited...

Had the flash off too... Not sure if it would have ruined the shot or not..

Didn't use anything fancy... Just my crappy... now broken digital camera

Klue said:
Nope that is a photo of a mate. I have photos of me doing crazy stuff like that eg blowing a mouthfull of kero across a flame but they werent taken by me and that would be againts the rules of the comp.

And yes, that is me in my avatar. Can you notice that its a GIF and im blinking? I am thinking of changing it to something more recognisable.

Congrats on your mod position btw MazDan

Thanks mate.

Yes I did notice the blinking.....freaks me out.........lol

In your pic is he blowing stuff or is it just the aerosol lit up?

^^^ Yep its a can of Aeroguard. It sorta looks like he is blowing it. I think he is trying to make it look like that. He isnt as hardcore as me and wouldnt put something like kero in his mouth for quids.

SillyAlien said:
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say we're going to have a record number of entries this round.

you're probably right. this is such a good submission topic.
it's even prompted me to post in this contest for the first time:

8b661ccb.jpg

rome, italy
new years eve 2005/6
in the quiet after the celebrations, my girl and i stumbled upon this alley.
it had been dumping rain all night and we were a little bit lost.
since the red carpet was rolled out for us here, we chose that route ;)

I personally love photographing in the night, but I'm too paranoid to post anything this time! =D

Raving Loony said:
Can't be fragged searching for a better one, although I am sure that I have plenty.
There is oodles of time left, so feel free to substitute, Raving Loony. Although, the "spirit of the night" is alive and well in that photo.

syymphonatic, I love your entry.