felixdahousekat
architecturalcg0.jpg

CletusVanDow
Dsc00007.jpg

thujone
cngp6.jpg

Discussion for this round is here.

Vote away! :)

eta: Remember, voting is open for two days only!

Last edited:
Come on, folks, call some friends, call in some debts, offer sexual favours, get some votes! A lot of entries this time, we need more votes than ever to spread the lovin' around. :)

This was REALLY REALLY tough to vote for. I literally loved all of them.

I voted for MrMoss' picture for having the most striking composition (IMO).

I voted for shutterbug. While there was more interesting architecture photographed, I found hers to be the most visually appealing.

I voted for shutterbug too. I might be a little bit biased cause the photo was taken in my city, but it's a great shot! :)

One measly vote???

Whoever you are, you are a person of impeccable taste.

(and no, it wasn't me... I voted for pennywise - the contrast of colours and patterns made it an easy choice)

^^^^^^^^bahh, just be happy you got anything..........I was sure i would win this one, but thats because all buildings look the same to me and are boring as bat shit anyways...........I gave mine to Jamshyd for the old and the new concept.

look up 'smug' in the dictionary, and you will see a photograph of me. %)

hehe, seriously though, there's no way mine was best there, but thanks for the votes!!!

\chuffed

No, everyone can vote, but only while voting is open. It's only open for two days so you need to be quick.

congrats felix! nice work :D

i voted for the high glare oopsey daisey. I love the composition.

cheers to whoever voted for me :) i didn't expect that.

MazDan said:
^^^^^^^^bahh, just be happy you got anything..........I was sure i would win this one, but thats because all buildings look the same to me and are boring as bat shit anyways...........I gave mine to Jamshyd for the old and the new concept.

your photo DID have a great concept. it was a great idea, i will say that much.
but this was a tough competition i guess.

but i voted for alphacharlie just because i liked the photo.

thanx you, whoever those 2 peeps where who liked mine.

I must admit thats true.............lol, I mean like I said...........all buildings look the same to me.

I did like the railway one also cos it wasnt real which I thought was sweet as.

Felix...........congrats mate, you should be chuffed...........lol

so whats next?

I liked the chicken necks idea............got a poultry farm up the road

And it's felix by a nose! :D

Congratulations felixdahousekat and well done, everyone. Good show. This round was tough.

I cast the first vote in this round and it was indeed for felix. It might not have been the best exemplar of stunning architecture, but the colour in felix's photograph is so rich, it just made the captured structure jump out of the pictiure like it was 3-D. Between the rich colour and the out of this world, hobbit-like design, felix's entry simply jumped out from the page every time I scanned up and down through all the entries. I don't know what camera you used for this shot, felix, but it gave up the same sort of dreamy, surreal colours and depth as your entry in the Curves round. Needless to say, I voted for you there too.

Good show, everyone!

Come on, BA. We want more of your mojo! :D

I was always going to suck on this one, got no great architecture photos as such.

shutterbug's was my pick.

SillyAlien said:
And it's felix by a nose! :D

Congratulations felixdahousekat and well done, everyone. Good show. This round was tough.

I cast the first vote in this round and it was indeed for felix. It might not have been the best exemplar of stunning architecture, but the colour in felix's photograph is so rich, it just made the captured structure jump out of the pictiure like it was 3-D. Between the rich colour and the out of this world, hobbit-like design, felix's entry simply jumped out from the page every time I scanned up and down through all the entries. I don't know what camera you used for this shot, felix, but it gave up the same sort of dreamy, surreal colours and depth as your entry in the Curves round. Needless to say, I voted for you there too.
Wow. Thanks for very much for that. :)

Those photos were taken with two different Sony Cybershot DSC-P200s, by the way.

Here's a couple more photos of the building in question, for anyone that's interested. (Not taken by me.) It's only the size a small house!

maggie2.jpg

maggie1.jpg

UK's 1st building designed by Frank Gehry for pioneering cancer support

Maggie's Dundee - the UK's first building designed by world-renowned architect Frank Gehry - has been named building of the year by the Royal Fine Art Commission.

The award was announced on 10 June 2004 by Lord St John of Fawsley, Chairman of the Royal Fine Art Commission Trust who described Frank as “the greatest contemporary American architect” and said that in its own way Maggie’s Dundee was as great as the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao.

He added: “Although small it has an astonishing variety of architectural features, including its undulating roof, its space, its landmark tower, and its command of one of the most beautiful views in Britain.”

Speaking at the awards ceremony in London, Lord St John also emphasised that the Centre’s importance was not just architectural. He spoke of the ‘major service’ that Maggie’s Dundee is providing and of the Centre’s ability to provide constructive care in a place of beauty and calm.

Maggie’s Dundee at Ninewells NHS Hospital was opened on 25 September 2003 by Sir Bob Geldof and was designed by Frank as a tribute to Maggie Keswick Jencks, the Founder of Maggie's Centres.

Frank Gehry, famed for his design of the Guggenheim Museum, was a close friend of Maggies. Like Frank's other buildings, Maggie's Dundee has his signature features of curving walls and a stunning undulating roof made of stainless steel and timber.

Now open five days a week, Maggie’s Dundee is fulfiling the purpose for which it was intended: helping people with cancer, their carers, family and friends from across Dundee and Tayside learn how to manage the physical and emotional impact of living with cancer.