Site Feedback BLUELIGHT: vBulletin, new version out.

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Greetings,

The new version of VB5 has been for some time. It includes user interface,security,speed all to the better.

When will blueight.ru be updated to VB5?,

Greetings,

The new version of VB5 has been for some time. It includes user interface,security,speed all to the better.

When will blueight.ru be updated to VB5?,
Don't believe the hype. It's only just come out of Beta and is still hobbled with problems.

Most forum owners are still wondering when they'll get a finished version of VB4.

FWIW, the current version we run has Facebook Connect, but we elected not to enable it.

Don't believe the hype. It's only just come out of Beta and is still hobbled with problems.

Most forum owners are still wondering when they'll get a finished version of VB4.

FWIW, the current version we run has Facebook Connect, but we elected not to enable it.
vbulletin is extremely over rated, and vb 3.x is a joke, I have no idea why forums still run it.

how about IPB?:

take this for example:
http://forum.grasscity.com/

^ for me, most online discussion boards have more in common than they do apart.

you may feel that vbulletin is overrated. i think it's solid, it's what we've used for a while and there are no plans to change it. i'd further argue that 85%* of users have no idea, nor do they care, which software is used to implement the site.

thanks for the feedback.

alasdair

* figure pulled out of thin air.

^ for me, most online discussion boards have more in common than they do apart.

you may feel that vbulletin is overrated. i think it's solid, it's what we've used for a while and there are no plans to change it. i'd further argue that 85%* of users have no idea, nor do they care, which software is used to implement the site.

thanks for the feedback.

alasdair

* figure pulled out of thin air.

cool cool your so great you use funny things,
ok anyway look at drugforums run by vbulletin, ewwww that forum a is a MESS. a MESS.

the other thing is, If I wanted "bland" I would just check out reddit.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok anyway look at drugforums run by vbulletin, ewwww that forum a is a MESS. a MESS.
there are good-looking boards which are run on the vb platform and awful-looking boards run on the platform. it's a tool. no more, no less.

the fact that drugs-forum is a mess, has little to do with the platform they use.

alasdair

Last edited:
the other thing is, If I wanted "bland" I would just check out reddit.
you seem very preoccupied with the appearance of the site?

i find that one person's 'bland' is another's victory of substance over style.

alasdair