View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Blue Lotus Combinations?

bryanflint88

Greenlighter
Can anyone here enlighten me about th euse of Blue Lotus as a sedative or a useful potentiator to other plant material? I have heard of peopel combining it with salvia and getting an amazing trip with a clearer mind... much more workable. I would be interested in testing its abilities to improve learning by combining it with certain tryptamines. I have heard that LSD, Shrooms and Salvia offer amazing insight into mathematical problems and languages. Could the sacred Blue Lotus make one more focused while on tryptamines? Sorry for the disorganized post... if anyone knows anything about these and would like to post a reply, that would be great.

ok lets see...

"three to six buds, drunk as a tea, are said to induce hypnotic effects...apparent in 20 minutes...initial symptoms: muscle tremors, nausea. Then comes a sensation of calm with alterations of color perception, auditory hallucinations, and other changes of auditory perception...length of duration ~2hours"

"Preperation and Dosage
Six buds or flowers that have already opened and closed again should be boiled in water. The flowers should be squeezed in a linen cloth so that their greenish brown juice runs into the water."

Don't see anything on smoking it.

Also, possible ancient Egyptian psychoactive brew: blue lotus buds, mandrake fruits, and poppy capsules.

Smoking it works. It is a mild but nice buzz. Making a tea out of it is nice with some sweetner. Smoking and tea together is of course a bit stronger of an effect. Steeping it in wine is really the way to go, but it I have found in the past that it mixed rather well with weed, both in taste and synergy of effects. I used to smoke joints of this at work sometimes on lunch break during times of extreme stress. It surely helped moreso than cigs would...

My best friend/old roomate would mix a half gram of 10x extract with a bottle of red wine, drink it with his girlfriend, and they would have "better sex than they thought possible"

With that in mind, I would say that those two were just horny and looking for any excuse to take their sexcapades to the next level. Blue lotus had absolutely no effect on me at all, even 1 gram of the absolute oil.

Coupled with alcohol it seemed the perfect placebo for lowering sexual inhibitions, though. The ultra-fine extract powder didn't even mess with the taste of his bella sera wine.

some woman somewhere said it gave her the best orgasm of her life.

i think she was at a conference, the one where shulgin talked about the cactus-huasca stuff.

i mixed some 25x in some wine and that was super potent, I probably put too much though as only 1 glass had everyone floored, definitely not placebo, feels pretty opiate like.

yeah its a relaxing sedative that's good to combo with alcohol or weed, reminds me of kava sometimes. I liked that when you smoked a bowl of it you felt a little relaxed like smoking weed but not cloudy or stupid.

VertexShader said:
Yes, it does. "Retarded" is a more commonly used word.

agreed 100%. although it is only in the company of other people. i could quite happily have a couple of puffs on a joint (yes i am a lightweight) and go for a walk/sit by myself outside and just enjoy life

Large doses of weed make me feel slow and muddled, but small doses, like a hit or two of great nuggets, focus me with shocking efficiency. I also use a vaporizer exclusively.

sorry .. would like to bump this thread up..

Anyone got experience with combining blue lotus with opiates? (codeine specifically)

I'm wondering since it has a synergistic effect with alcohol if other downers will also combine well.

^I can imagine a nice synergy, I think I'll have to give that a go. Lotus is a nice relaxant....

Will let you know how it goes tonight. . will be:

~250mg codeine
1g 15x extract in a shot of alcohol (after the codeine has come up?)

I should be able to tell if there are any extra effects / multiplication of the alcohol/codeine effects compared to normal, because I've been taking this much codeine/alcohol alot lately.

cant wait for that bioassay, maybe a benzo in there to would be nice

seems better when combined with etoh, good aphrodisiac , im talking spontaneous erections:)

also potential for opiate WD

I found blue lotus mixes very well with both 4-ho-mipt and 2c-c. I will post more when I get around to mixing it with other stuff. I make a tea out of the flowers by the way. It is quite tastey with a bit of sugar too.

^ indeed, blue lotus tea w/ some honey and maybe a bit of lemon (if that's your thing) is tasty enough to drink for pleasure - no psychoactive properties needed! They are a nice bonus.

OK. . unfortunately the results of last night have been tainted.

I took some heimia salicifolia (sinicuichi) approx. 12 hours before I dosed the codeine, and unfortunately forgot that sinicuichi hangs around in you for AGES - even though you feel like it's effects have completely faded.

Funnily enough though, something - either the alcohol, the codeine, or the blue lotus, increased the effects of the sinicuichi to a psychedelic experience for ~30minutes, kind of somewhere between morning glory/HBW & marijuana - elements of both were there, but concentration was difficult. Visual hallucinations represented somewhere betweeen a tryptamine & a weed high as well, although CEVs were not apparent (Possibly due to the concentration isssues.)

So I need to try and isolate sometime what it was that potentiated the sinicuichi. . I'm guessing it's blue lotus.

Anyhow. . In terms of the codeine & blue lotus combo, I couldnt make much of a judgement because the sinicuichi was pulling me in the opposite direction to relaxed - although I did sleep very well and dream vividly (fairly normal dreams, but they seemed more 'real' than normal)

I'm trying again later today with codeine/blue lotus, hopefully the sinicuichi has left me by now.

Sorry for the double post but this deserves its own post I reckon.

Blue lotus DEFINITELY either A) potentiates codeine or B) adds something else to the high that pushes you in a similar direction

I've developed quite a codeine tolerance (am well used to using alcohol with it too .. ) and I'm much higher than I wouldve been otherwise.

Used 1g of 15x extract in 1.5 to 2 shots of spirits, mixed in with some juice and left to sit for ~1 hour, stirring occasionally. 200mg codeine then drank the lotus ~45mins after coming up on the codeine.

The 'blue lotus' euphoria is an intersting one - it shone through when I took some on 2ci, and I can feel the same sort of thing now in addition to the codeine. It's very nice, very lucid. things feel kind of 'crisp' and refreshed... Hard to describe, but its somewhere between very lightly psychedelic and relaxing. - There is some kind of colour perception thing going on . . I can't describe it in this state though . . but on 2ci it was very pronounced - colours would bleed and wash over walls etc. . like if I saw a yellow light, the wall behind it would wash over with much brighter yellow than it is normally illuminated with . .and by "wash over" i mean. . it looks like the patches of colour are growing/shrinking/mixing together. .but yeah that was with the aid of 2ci.

end report. . .time to go lie on the couch and listen to music :D

*edit*

Codeine fading.Blue lotus still having effects .. I've decided to take some sinicuichi to see if I can get any pronounced effects from this. yes I know science goes out the window. oh well ...
approx 1 to 1.5g of 10:1 extract consumed in 1 shot alcohol

Last edited:
I've really had no luck with blue lotus using it in any conventional manner. Mildly sedating at best. However, I did not have the opportunity to try an extract or the wine-method :D