View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Blotter paper color?

Plurple

Bluelighter
I have always gotten LSD that has an image on the front of the blotter, and an off white backing or just off white all together.
However my most recent batch has a pastel salmon almost hot pink backing(it gets darker towards the edges) and it just makes me uneasey. I'm waiting for more ehrlich as someone swiped my last bottle or else I would just test the stuff.
I don't plan on taking any until I know exactly what it is either. Not a hole I want to step my foot in.

My main question is does blotter paper color sometimes indicate substance? I know some RC's are pinkish in color, but should I really be worried? The image on the front is Mario with mushroom pupils and star power ups on each individual hit if that helps at all (not asking for substance id!)

It's most likely just amber crystal LSD. Back in the day, the temple of the true inner light (the DPT guys) were selling the exact same stuff, on white paper it has a tannish amber color, but it was known on the scene to give you a harsher body load so people generally went for the clearest product. Then, they started making peach, orange and gold camo blotter to cover it up. Sounds like a similar situation. If it tests positive for LSD, it would be reasonable to just assume it's slightly lower grade.

Some recent lysergamides, I think 1P-LSD?, have been found to show yellowish stain discoloration - also other lysergamides like AL-LAD are observed to have pretty dark (brownish) color while being of high purity. I don't believe there is a true correlation with harsher body-loads or anything, it is very easy to mistake some sort of link - sometimes some people simply have body load effects even with good product, but these bad incidents can start a rumor and blame anything like discolorations as the culprit. Really though, nothing is proven.

The main points are:
- Even small impurities can have significant color, it doesn't necessarily say anything about purity or quality.
- The discoloration is not limited to any drug class, so it does not indicate ID. Tentatively you might say that some drug syntheses are more sensitive to oxidation or other degradations at some point, but that still does not mean that poor jobs done on easier synths can't produce nasty colors.
- Even different coloration towards the edge may not say anything, because it is IMO possible that it is a TLC-like effect (thin layer chromatography) where different compounds travel at different rates blotting through a thin layer.
- Just get the Ehrlich's. :)

The only time I have seen pink on the back of blotters in when it is NBOMe or a related chem really, not saying that is what it is but that has been my exprience. A taste tesy will help clear it up, if it is tasteless you are in the clear, but I stay away from thick brittle looking cardboard type blotters especially with coloring like that, even the printes blotters I see that are real L seem to be on a much thinner type of paper than that. I would say if you can't wait for a kit a taste test welk be pretty accurate, remember if it's bitter its a spitter. Because if it is an rc, you have no idea which one or what the dosage is so it is playing a bit of russian roullette if you ask me.

"Now we had the printed side facing up, and it looked great. All hits were equally red. But when I flipped it over, I saw that the edges were MUCH more red than the inside of the paper. The corner hits were completely red, but the hit in the center was just pink. We thought maybe this was just the food coloring doing this, but no it wasn't. These should have about 600ug on each hit, but they definitely do not. The center hit was completely inactive. A hit taken from the layer in between the center and edge hits produced threshold effects. The ones on the edges, and especially the corners, are very strong. I'm not sure how strong, but no matter what the exact number is, it's not good at all that this happened. If we had tried for say 1.5mg per hit instead of 600ug, we could have ended up with potentially lethal doses on the edges of the paper.

I'm pretty sure the mistake we made was using too much of a fast evaporating solvent. The edges dried first, and when doing this, they pulled more of the solution toward them. Maybe distilled water, or a smaller amount of alcohol would have given better results."
Taken from a thread about laying NBOMe, tread with caution as you may have hot spots with whateber chem is on there based on the description of the edges.

I was thinking NBOMe too, but I would just rather wait for my ehrlich to get here instead of doing the "if it's bitter it's a spitter" kind of thing.
When it comes to unknown substances I'll pass.

Yes reagent testing is the safe thing to do.

I guess what the above post suggests and what we know about trends imo is that NBOMe's unlike LSD can be bought relatively easily and wide-spread, and the people that make blotters with them have higher chance of being amateurs. And amateurs may find it necessary to use dye to track how well blotter was laid. Laying blotter properly, especially just one at a time or a few, is very challenging and I would say you absolutely need certain equipment and/or make a lot stacked on top of each other to solve the blotting issue.

A message to endusers is to test your hits and be extra careful these days.. a message to (potential) distributors of NBOMe's is that unless you advertise honestly and only fix up friends, you seriously risk fooling people who think they buy LSD, somewhere down the line - which makes you absolute scum.