View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

black widow venom psychedelic?

just say know

Bluelighter
i read an experience report of black widow venom causing a person to undergo a hallucinatory experience.

my question is if anyone has any experience willingly extracting venom and using it on themselves for a trip? and i also have questions about the safety of this and what chemical is in their venom that causes tripping.

i know that taking low doses of spider venom increases your immunity to spider bites but i wasn't sure if taking black widow venom for tripping was particularly dangerous. i know that it's dangerous for the elderly, the sick, and children.

can anyone find me some info on this? also not considering trying it myself without significant research into the safety and whether or not it actually works.

It's neurotoxic and interferes with nerve transmission by forming pores on cell walls that allow water and charged cations in and out. This basically destroys the cell's ability to signal other cells effectively. [ref]

I sure hope nobody's purposefully ingesting the venom. While it's not deadly for most healthy humans it can't be very fun.

i see; the erowid report was kinda interesting. but now that i know this i wouldn't intentionally ingest black widow venom. feel free to close this since it's no longer relevant; unless of course there's more conversation to be had but i don't see that as applicable.

I too have read that report on erowid and it seemed interesting but, I'm going to echo sekio on this one. Take drugs to trip not deadly spider venom.

Please modify it a little first, add some methylenedioxies and all that...

then - still nah.

well depending on the frog the venom is made up of different psychoactives rather than poisons. although i think they do have some poisons but they are burned of in the method of administration (well modern day ROA; which is vaporization) the bufo alvarius frog can be "milked" (preferably "sustainably" so that it doesn't cause stress to the frog) of their venom and then dried. the frog makes a cool pet too.

Last edited:
Yes they did but toad venom contains 5-MeO-DMT and bufotenine and I would guess is less toxic than spider venom.

I haven't read the Erowid report but fevers can make you hallucinate too... doesn't mean it's psychedelic or that it's good for you. I certainly would never do this (even if it was amazing).

I actually remember a report of someone who I believed was at burning man who meet a shaman using a toad venom one would apply under a peeled layer of skin that caused am electrical sensation or something that was quite unique although not necessarily enjoyable. The strange things people do.

I go to bed with Alice my pet blackwidow and if I accidentally roll on her she'll nip me and I'll get a great trip ;)

I bet there are all kinds of poisons from those in animal toxins to various plants or poisonous mushrooms that aren't usually meant to be used as psychedelics to man made chemicals which can all make people trip just because they fuck so much with your brain and body.

Who knows how many poisons that have actually killed people resulted in them tripping before they finally bit the dust.

I go to bed with Alice my pet blackwidow and if I accidentally roll on her she'll nip me and I'll get a great trip ;)

Good deal but poor Alice :\ ;) I guess she is used to being crushed.

I liked your winky-face, just to ensure that all knew without doubt that you were joking :D

Personal experience.... sweaty, fever, tingly arms and localized pain. Very unpleasant and certainly not psychedelic. Spider venom high? Nope, never.

Personal experience.... sweaty, fever, tingly arms and localized pain. Very unpleasant and certainly not psychedelic. Spider venom high? Nope, never.

It's very unpleasant, the pain is to the point of begin almost unbearable. I was bitten once and took 30mg of oxycodone and it barely did anything for the pain. At the time I had a massive tolerance but that 30mg would have been enough to feel something, certainly a bit of pain relief. I wouldn't seek out the venom in hopes of having a trip that's for sure.

Also on the subject of immunity to the venom I think there is some truth to this. I get spider bites all of the time and have been bitten by brown recluse and black widows multiple times over the years. Unless it's a really bad bite from a widow I don't seem to be effected much anymore. Most of these have probably been dry bites but I'm sure there is something to it. At most I'll get a rash that won't go away for a few weeks.

my dad once went to go get a cig from his pack on the table and there was a hand sized brown recluse next to him. he ended up spraying it with poison killing it instantly :( i woulda set the little guy free deep in the woods. he/she was cute. though very deadly.

It's very unpleasant, the pain is to the point of begin almost unbearable. I was bitten once and took 30mg of oxycodone and it barely did anything for the pain. At the time I had a massive tolerance but that 30mg would have been enough to feel something, certainly a bit of pain relief. I wouldn't seek out the venom in hopes of having a trip that's for sure.

Also on the subject of immunity to the venom I think there is some truth to this. I get spider bites all of the time and have been bitten by brown recluse and black widows multiple times over the years. Unless it's a really bad bite from a widow I don't seem to be effected much anymore. Most of these have probably been dry bites but I'm sure there is something to it. At most I'll get a rash that won't go away for a few weeks.
Sorry about your bite(s). It's a BITCH aint it?? two things i'd like to mention is that I agree with the tolerance/immunity in some respect, altho that would take some research to prove, I can say first hand the the black widow bites have been less painful for me after a few prior. However the brown recluse.... That fucker hurt worse than any injury I've ever had... including broken femur and severely abscessed tooth. Couldn't sit, stand, or lay down without significant pain that coudln't be touched by any pain meds I had tried. Golf ball sized abscess turned black and had to visit the hospital half a dozen times before all was said and done. The spider venom trip is just bull.