Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Black heroin in Australia?

Like dead

Bluelighter
Ok, so recently I came accross some BLACK heroin in Australia, Sydney . Yes, you heard correctly, Australia! I have seen this type in Europe and the united states. I have always come accross extremely expensive type here, prices are not allowed, but if you are familiar with the european market, it's that price*4, for a point, a much more refined substance though. I paid the same as I would for 1/2g brown powder in Europe, but this was tar. No acid, but it needed heat and it was gross stuff. I use IV ofcourse. Have you been getting any of this stuff? I have been getting it from the western suburbs (hope that's is indescriptive enough) how about you? Same area for this stuff? Thanks for any replies.

i've never heard of that.
did it have the same effects as the heroin you are used to?
i was under the impression that the only black tar heroin (assuming that is what this was?) market in the world was in the south/western states of the USA.
perhaps it has been smuggled here by the mexican cartels that have been forging cocaine connections to here?

i recently made some black gooey opium that resembled BTH, but i imagine if you'd injected that, you'd have had some pretty obvious health issues.
be curious to see if anyone else has come across this.

It was probably heroin, no morphine prickles (histamine), as potent as the tar in america. You found opium? In Australia? Sydney?

Oh, the person who sold it was aboriginal, I believe, although that does not mean much, since I could have met a middle man, that might be helpful in some way.

i didn't find opium - i grew a bunch in a number of patches, guerrilla gardening style. harvested the pods from a number of different places, different times and put all of the pods into the same canvas bag.
by the end of spring, it was stained brown and stiff with opium latex. i washed the bag a couple of times in water, wrung it out and boiled it down to a paste with a crock pot. scraped up to a bitter paste, looked identical to black tar heroin i've seen on documentaries and in photographs. i dosed it at about 1/3 - 1/2 of a 000 gel cap.
and nope, i'm in perth. i've never come across opium that hasn't been a homegrown effort, it would be a lot harder to smuggle than H, with less of a profitable market.

Wow, Cool, I have always wanted to do that, but it's difficult because I did not have the space. What time of year? What was the yield (how much opium for how many pods?). DO you use IV? I am assuming that you only get pills?

i'm a poppy fiend, actually. i do IV on occasion, but it's not my primary ROA or a habitual thing.
i get by on PST much of the year, but opium grows in the winter.

you sow the seeds in may-june (may 1st is said to be optimal) and harvest around sep/oct/nov before the hot summer days arrive.
i wasn't aiming to make opium, but to harvest the pods. i get a few hundred a year, maybe between 300 and 500. basically a big sealable tub full, but it can be quite hard to dry out as many as i pick because i live in a one bedroom apartment in the city, and they all tend to be harvestable at the same time.

i dry what i can, make them last as long as my limited junkie discipline allows. i'm running out now, so i get somewhere between 3 and 5 months of pods these days, which is pretty good. i don't have space to grow these days either - when i lived in a house i did, but now i just chuck seeds everywhere and sort of keep an eye on them. you can't be too precious with guerrilla grows - most get ripped out or don't germinate or don't get enough sun or whatever or whatever. it's pretty cool though, i am a big fan of poppy pods. one of nature's finest sacraments.
considering i use PST the rest of the year, it's a good way to get rid of spent seeds, beautifying my city, hehe. i figure i have nothing to lose, better than throwing them in the bin :)

but no, the opium i made was kind of incidental. last year i realised that i had these canvas bags stained brown, so i rinsed one out and drank it....it was bitter as all hell, kicked in mighty strong and then i started puking and hallucinating...woke up a day and a half later thinking "ooh, fuck - too much".
so this year i evaporated it in a crock pot, and i didn't weigh how much it dried out to, but maybe 3 grams or something? hard to tell, really...but quite a few doses. i filled a small vial with it, was quite a nice treat. better than oxy or morphine IMO. and heroin is far too expensive in australia - i wouldn't want to be addicted to something that i would need to spend that much $$ on, at the whims of blackmarket supply.

opium has been my drug of choice for quite a few years now, so i've gotten quite good at growing and knowing where to sow the seeds it and utilising the harvest.

Last edited:
Wow, Cool, I have always wanted to do that, but it's difficult because I did not have the space. What time of year? What was the yield (how much opium for how many pods?)

They grow like weeds in southern to mid Aus. You can crop 3 times a year (the winter frosts kill any hopes of a winter grow/harvest but, greenhouses will allow you to grow though a southern Aus winter though.

You will have trouble with higher temps and humidity in nth Aus. I have tried countless times to grow them in qld and they rarely get past sprouting. Just make sure the soil is extremely well draining and crappy sandy soil is tops. I use the best soil I can get when it comes to so many other plants and make nutrient feeding schedules etc. but, from my experience, opium poppies grow best in shit soil...

Make sure you plant in rows and thin out the weak ones, leaving decent space for the chosen plants to grow without competition from smaller poppys. You will be glad you did. They took me 2.5-3.5 months from seed to harvest, this was in vic and all winter crops failed.

I believe the only reason they can grow it in SE Asia, is the high altitude of the crops. This makes the weather more similar to good ol' Afghanistan and suitable for poppy cultivation.

Depending on pod size, potency, genetic variations affecting alkaloid contents between pods (even from the same crop) anything from 2-8 pods (boiled to make a tea) would be a first timer dose. As with any substance with an unknown content, it should be taken with extreme caution. Start low and work your way up. I also recommend anti histamines :

The avg morphine yields from opium are around 10%. With lesser amount of other alkaloids such as codeine and thebaine (used to make oxy)

^ yeah, i should have mentioned that the annual growing patterns i described are for perth. pretty dry and inhospitable here much of the year. different story a bit further south though...

edit- i also think it is unlikely that the black heroin you obtained was grown domestically. i can't imagine someone going to that amount of trouble, to grow and harvest opium, and make heroin...and not keep it for their own supply.
the amount of poppies needed for a decent yield is enormous. hectares, big fields are required.
i haven't had much experience with homebake, and what i have had was white.
has anyone come across black homebake heroin in australia?

There would have to be plenty of people that have made heroin over here. Opium is so easy to grow and collect, the extraction and purification of morphine is extremely easy and the next step to diamorphine (heroin), although it needs acetic anhydride (watched precursor which may be difficult to source but not impossible), is also a very simple process.

I wouldn't be surprised if hippie communes in nth NSW are cropping opium or coca and refining them both. It would mainly be personal use but I bet it gets out onto the streets for a bit of pocket money from time to time...

It's good to see another grower in here spacejunk. As with all plants, they grow to their environment and there are huge differences between areas of Aus due to climate and soil factors...

yeah, that's a good point. i suppose i assume that people going to that much effort would be using it themselves or amongst friends, rather than selling it on the street.
i really enjoy growing poppies. yes, i have a habit, but there is something about creating my supplies (for part of the year at least) that i like. it's a similar connection to growing mushies or something, i suppose. and of course cannabis too, but i just don't have the room where i live these days, and i use the public's ignorance of what poppies are to my advantage.

i was very impressed to walk down the street of a small town (i'm not going to name it, except to say that it was in australia) and see poppies growing in the main street. in a garden bed that looked as if it was looked after by the local council or whatever - ready to harvest, beautiful and juicy - and untouched.
either the locals just dig it and leave it be, or nobody knows what they are. but yeah - small town, tiny main street (just a couple of blocks) and there you are; opium poppies. amazing.

papaver somniferum is a very beautiful plant. i just love the way they look, the way they grow and move about in the wind.
i had never considered the possibility of people growing their own for the production of smack or morphine base, but as you say it is not outside the realms of possibility.
i suppose because i am such a sucker for pod tea, it has never seemed worth the effort and losses in extraction, but that doesn't mean people wouldn't do it. i wish i had access to the sort of isolated land you'd need to do something like that, but i just like pods too much. if i were going to make anything out of them, it would be pentapon, laudanum or something similar, that includes all of the opium alkaloids, not just morphine or whatever. i definitely prefer the natural cocktail of opiates, there is just something magical about it.

someone once told me that growing poppies was as easy as just throwing seeds out the backyard? Never tried (except throwing out batches of commercial PST') sure it takes a more skill though as stated to grow then proper.

I would try but I just don't trust myself with that amount of opiate around me. oh well it's still an amazing plant.

I am intrigued. This was not the direction in which I was planning to go, however this seems like something worth exploring. I have attempted to grow poppies on numerous occassions, only to have them die on me as seedlings. I have used European poppy seeds (which have little morphine), store bought seeds and even seeds from the middle east (with limited success).
I have done many chemical procedures ( isolation, of course no synth because that would be illegal ), as I am somewhat educated in the field of chemistry ( still in the making). Anyway, I am growing sick and tired of this patchy supply and high expense, instead, I would prefer growing poppies. Could you give me some tips please ( in greater detail, though you have already been very helpful) as to the soil used, time in sun, space (you mentioned a tub? A bathtub or what? How much room do you need for 100-500 poppies?). As I said, I am in Sydney but I can always build something to control the temp and humidity a little.

Hey guys, interesting as poppy cultivation is lets try keep this on topic. There is a relevant thread about opium poppy cultivation but this thread is about BTH in Aus. Cheers guys.

I am intrigued. This was not the direction in which I was planning to go, however this seems like something worth exploring. I have attempted to grow poppies on numerous occassions, only to have them die on me as seedlings. I have used European poppy seeds (which have little morphine), store bought seeds and even seeds from the middle east (with limited success).
I have done many chemical procedures ( isolation, of course no synth because that would be illegal ), as I am somewhat educated in the field of chemistry ( still in the making). Anyway, I am growing sick and tired of this patchy supply and high expense, instead, I would prefer growing poppies. Could you give me some tips please ( in greater detail, though you have already been very helpful) as to the soil used, time in sun, space (you mentioned a tub? A bathtub or what? How much room do you need for 100-500 poppies?). As I said, I am in Sydney but I can always build something to control the temp and humidity a little.

I posted a shit load of info on poppy cultivation, harvest and alkaloid isolation in another thread on here. I can't be bothered finding it right now because i just got home from work and I have better things to do.

If no one finds it, I may be able to send you the PDF later.

For anyone interested this is the thread Psilo posted the poppy info in. Now if we could please get back to the original topic guys, theres currently more posts on poppy cultivation as there is on the thread topic....

Cool, thanks, sorry about going off topic. Back to the Heroin! I think I have said so before, but to be sure: whoever said homebake heroin is a possibility is probably correct. I have never had homebake heroin but I am assuming that when it is made from pills without A/B extraction, the binders are burnt or degraded by the acid. That may have made it so dirty and difficult to dissolve. Had I known that I would not have used heat! So, what types have you come across (other than white)? And what area (don't be to specific or the mods might assrape you, if not me for asking!).

Homebake should be like an off pinkish kinda color... the darker the color indicate burning when they cooked it for the reaction. My mate uses homebake daily that he makes himself and that is how he gets his fix and feeds his habit. I occasionally get it and plug it as it is not the kind of liquid I want to stick into my veins direct..especially without running it through a wheel filter.

That sounds pretty dirty to me man... doubt it was tar. Cartels are big into the coke scene here now but not so much the H.. although it tends to be a package deal with those guys. They are not known for quality though.

I agree that if you are a non-IV user and you don't smoke H, then opium is the best opioid/opiate out there.

I agree that if you are a non-IV user and you don't smoke H, then opium is the best opioid/opiate out there.

Try hydromorphone and lemme know how it compares. No joke that stuff is better than any H in Australia. Sad thing is the H here is so cut and you never really know what dosages you are getting.