Admin Attention BL Friends

cripkeeper

Bluelighter
What is the thing about personal friends on BL? There have been several other bl's that I talked to often enough on here and think we share interest, but virtually all the requests to be friends with somebody on here get's turned down. Am I using it the wrong way? I did trying searching first but didn't come up with much. Please forgive what may be a stupid question. Thanks.

Let me add that I am not offended by it by any means. I'd just like to know if perhaps I'm misunderstanding the purpose of it.

Last edited:
Almost 50 views and nobody can answer this simple question? Apparently its quite the dumb question, mods please remove before I look like a complete fool. It was a silly question anyway. No harm no foul. No offense.

I suggest you PM the people who didn't accept your friend requests and ask why. Maybe they just didn't get them? I won't accept unless I've talked to the person through PM.
ETA: Or did you mean friends IRL?

I dunno what to tell you. The chicks were just all over me to be friends shortly after I joined. ;)

I had defiantly had more than one conversation with those whom I requested. Maybe people are paranoid. Just making sure I was wasn't misunderstanding what was going on. Thanks for the answers!

Totally possible they didn't see the request, don't accept friend requests for some reason, or haven't been online. I wouldn't dwell on it.. definitely not some kind of site-wide fear of friend requests I promise.

Thanks. I've been on here for a while, but never really explored the friend thing till lately. I really appreciate the info.

I have people on my friends list that I never talked to by PM, I just agree with their posts so fuck it...There's really not much commitment involved in having a BL friend! unless I genuinely didn't like you I wouldn't refuse a friend request. what do you really have to lose by being someones friend on here?

It's a fairly useless feature.

You can use it to quickly check the online status of friends (people who have accepted invite).

You can also use it to see private blog entries of friends, if they have specified that friends can see such an entry.

Persons who do not accept an invite are saved in your list as 'contacts', rather than friends.

Now I get what it's all about. I was almost sure I was gonna get flamed for asking a newbie type question. I've been on here for about 5 years now, and had no clue what the friend thing was about! Thanks guys.

added. im not much for pm side of things but i dont see why people would ignore friend requests if you have done nothing to offend them.

I am being sexually harassed by some women here via PM... I am not complaining. I am bragging. :)

So, you sent alasdairm a friend request?

NSFW:
9780060245863.jpg

alasdair

It's a fairly useless feature.

You can use it to quickly check the online status of friends (people who have accepted invite).

You can also use it to see private blog entries of friends, if they have specified that friends can see such an entry.

Persons who do not accept an invite are saved in your list as 'contacts', rather than friends.

I never have understood the whole friends thing, but I havn't turned down any requests

Does having a friend mean anything here? Seems pretty useless. I think there is a function that you can limit some things to just your friends. Like PM's . Don't know why you would want to though.

Not sure what Captain H is saying....

Some people (even if they are an Administrator) choose not to utilize the friends function on Bluelight.

If you send them a friend request, it's going to be "pending" forever, as they'll just ignore the request, or deny it (either one is essentially the same thing).

If he gets a cookie, he'll be his friend.

Got plenty of cookies. Not enough time. I'm working on borrowed time.

i personally don't add random people as friends because i have a lot of private blog entries. if i wanted random people to be able to see them, i would have made them public.