• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Bipolar sufferer tells MP she has waited almost a year for treatment

foolsgold

Bluelighter
2659235.jpg

A WOMAN suffering from a severe mental health condition has waited almost a year for treatment.

Laura Goodacre, from York, has seen nearly 350 days go by without receiving psychological therapy to treat her bipolar disorder, an ordeal which has forced her to raise the issue with Hugh Bayley, MP for York Central.

Mr Bayley yesterday spoke in the House of Commons on behalf of Miss Goodacre and asked Norman Lamb, the Minister for Care and Support, to look into the situation as her case exceeds the 125-day average wait experienced by other patients in the city.

The average waiting time in England is only 39.5 days.

Miss Goodacre’s condition has been stabilised through medication, and she receives care from her GP and support from York Mind, but she contacted Mr Bayley to ask him to find out how long people in York and Yorkshire have to wait on average for treatment with psychological therapies.

She said: “I reached out to Mr Bayley as it’s all well and good complaining about the waiting times without trying to do something about it. I asked for an honest answer about waiting times in our area and Mr Bayley kept his word and supplied me with a full summary of waiting times across England.

“It wasn’t good reading, York is are eighth bottom out of 214 clinical care groups in the country. Thankfully Mr Bayley shares my concerns and has taken them further on my behalf, asking important questions about what the Vale of York CCG are going to do to improve waiting times and access to talking therapies.”

The Press has previously reported how patients suffering from serious mental health conditions have been sent to beds as far afield as Glasgow, London, Middlesbrough and Manchester due to a lack of suitable treatment or available places locally.

Mr Bayley said: “People like Laura and other constituents who have contacted me about being unable to get mental health services need to be able to get on with their lives.

“It is unacceptable they are having to wait as long as this to be treated.

“It is another example of the postcode lottery in the National Health Service, which should be providing the same standard of treatment in all parts of the country.

“The Government needs to act now to improve waiting times in York and the other places that are failing to provide an adequate service to people with mental health problems.”

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/116...P_she_has_waited_almost_a_year_for_treatment/

its taken me over almost a year now to get to see the mental health team with this month clean crap you have to for fill just to get through the door

ive had to move doctors just to get into a catchment area that i can get help with out the 30 day wait go clean crap and its still pushing over 9 months just to get a response and a meeting

cheers mate :) they just do not seem to get it some people cant just go 30 days clean and end up even worse its just bloody stupid

i am out of this place next year if i can get that far out of Yorkshire maybe even the UK once ive got some kind of help

yeah thats the rules the mental health team wont look at you unless you kick for 30 days its that or forced cold turkey by getting sectioned for 30 days and that is way to easy after the second week to go and score because they let you out for 30 minutes a day i scored lsd and pot whilst inside last time the 7 tabs and and half oz did me more good than the no meds and being watched and talked to

yeah thats the rules the mental health team wont look at you unless you kick for 30 days its that or forced cold turkey by getting sectioned for 30 days and that is way to easy after the second week to go and score because they let you out for 30 minutes a day i scored lsd and pot whilst inside last time the 7 tabs and and half oz did me more good than the no meds and being watched and talked to

Wow man

That's really sad

I have 30 days today but why would I get help now? I needed it 30 days ago!!!

:(

its so they can tell if its the drugs causing the problems or other factors which is just stupid as its obviously the drugs that are causing the underline problems to raise there heads

i know i have a lot of boarder line mental health problems extenuated by my drug use but also controlled by them as well if you see what i mean