• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Best way to store LSA laced psilocybin mushrooms?

phillycheese93

Greenlighter
I got them a couple days ago. Really liked them so I'm going to store them for a friend and I to trip. They are completely dried, like cracker dry. Only need to store them for a week and a half.

Right now they are in a black air tight plastic container (like the kind with the button on it for suction, often found in smoke shops) in my basement in a drawer.

The basement is cool, but it seems kind of moist. I could store them in my room but it gets hot during the day, so it's a little warm in my room half the day.

Where do you think I should I keep them? Basement or my room are really my only two choices. I could stuff it in a drawer in my guest room where its a little cooler but my parents often go in there so iono if I'd be a good idea to keep them there.

Last edited:
Keep em in the basement, but seal them into any airclosed container, preferably together with a desiccant. You can buy desiccant as those packets that you sometimes find with clothes shoes or some items.

What do you mean LSA laced?

That seems like nothing but a good way to lose track of dosage, unless you used some measured concentration and volume per gram of mushroom... anyway like I was saying to my friend I strongly dislike pre-mixing of drugs or lacing since it just gives you less control over what / how much you are taking. Not to mention that mistakes are more easily made misidentifying the substance.

That's true. I didn't think of that. But I don't think it's too strong really. It's just enough to allow me to lay on my bed and talk to a friend therapeutically, otherwise mushrooms give me too much energy and I end up walking around a bunch lol. I just like the sedating feeling of LSA and head clarity. It's really perfect for a therapeutic setting IMO.

But it's a good point you brought up.

Because I like the combination of the two, I might just take them next time in controlled dosages separately.

By the way, do you know how long desiccant can last? I just found one package from a pharmaceutical pill bottle but it's probably like 2 years old.

It depends not purely on time, but on how much exposure to moisture there has been... so absolute air humidity x time.

Some desiccant materials can be regenerated. For example silica gel. If that is what it is you should be able to regenerate it by putting it in your oven (google that shit). But don't keep it just lying around too long without using it (by enclosing it in something like a pill bottle or other container). Cause sealing a container makes the atmosphere inside independent of the outside atmosphere. That is how those packs work: they dry out the air in for example the pill bottle by absorbing the moisture... after that nothing happens, an equilibrium is reached. If you keep the desiccant just lying around it will keep absorbing all the moisture from the world's atmosphere until it reaches its limit. ;)

If you just use the laced mushrooms yourself then I am not really one to judge. What you prefer is your own personal business. :)

No offense but that seems kind of pointless, why not just keep them apart until you ingest them? You can't exactly undo what you did, and what if you took it and ended up deciding you couldn't handle the come ups overlapping, or something like that? Not trying to start an argument or call you stupid or anything but I feel like it's all risk and no gain when you could just keep them in separate containers and achieve the same results

Ha wow I'm learning a lot from this. Now I'm trying to calculate how much desiccant I need for the size of the container haha. Well it's about the size of a container from a pill bottle that already had desiccant in it. I bought it not too long ago. So there is really no such thing as using too much desiccant? That's at least the info I got from googling it. Lol sorry to make this so complex. I would go out and buy some packages but I have a cold so I shouldn't really leave the house.

No offense but that seems kind of pointless, why not just keep them apart until you ingest them? You can't exactly undo what you did, and what if you took it and ended up deciding you couldn't handle the come ups overlapping, or something like that? Not trying to start an argument or call you stupid or anything but I feel like it's all risk and no gain when you could just keep them in separate containers and achieve the same results

I can't. I'm not the one who soaked them in LSA. They came like that.

No not really and for about 2 weeks storage this is all really complete overkill, they should be fine as long as they don't get considerably wet for too long.

If the vacuum container is still vacuum and made vacuum when they were already dry, that is just as fine as desiccant so nothing to improve there. But technically storing with desiccant is best if you do it in a place that has humidity issues. Though actually if its airsealed enough it should not matter at all (only temperature) what atmosphere you store in. And if you store with a leak, then if allowed enough time it will still exhaust the desiccant. My advice is given cause I think often people store things with very very minor leaks... the storage buys you time but not always long term. However you are not storing long term, and vacuum containers seem pretty leakproof.

Don't overthink it like I am doing... just keep them reasonably dry and you are good to go.

(And no there isn't really something like too much desiccant unless it prevents you from putting other things you want in the container lol. The equilibrium is just reached sooner, it may get a little drier and there is more total capacity for moisture absorption.)