• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Best True Crime/Thrillers?

MplsMama

Greenlighter
I am really into true crime stories (books and movies) lately, and I also really enjoy psychological thrillers. Not necessarily gore, but movies with lots of twists and turns, and those that keep on the edge of my seat.

Does anyone have any true crime and/or really good thrillers they can recommend? I do have Netflix free-to-stream, and I have found a few good ones on there, but I need MORE recommendations.

Thanks in advance, all!

Don't know where you are but the Investigation Discovery Network has true crime stories 24 hours a day. I'm watching it right now.

Street Kings
Drive
The Wire
DaVinci's Inquest
Intelligence
Traffic (the four part series and the new movie are equally good)
Zodiac
LA Confidential
Bonnie and Clyde
Fargo
Dog Day Afternoon
Summer of Sam
Monster
Elephant
Capote
Mississippi Burning

Also, Paradise Lost: The Child Murders at Robin Hood Hills was really good. Its about the West Memphis Three.

check out wonderland. it's a movie about john holmes' involvement in a brutal mass murder. it's one of these movies i never heard about, rented out on a whim four years after it was released and enjoyed the living fuck out of. i cannot vouch for historical accuracy though.

as for reading I would suggest anything by Harold Schechter, he is my favorite true crime writer, he writes about serial killers.. If those are the kinds of books you may like, ive read a few and <3 'd them..

also, jpgdnr had some awesome suggestions, namely:
bonnie and clyde
mississippi burning
and
dog day afternoon..

Id add:Ed Gein ( w/ Steve Railsback) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0230169/
Dahmer http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0285728/