Best "Opiate" Songs

I like all of the music you guys listed, but whenever I eat a healthy dose of opiates, I like to listen to some really popular radio hits. I like to listen to music that I don't have to think much about...

I know that sounds terrible, but opiates are, for me, a brain-vacation, and listening to good music seems to me a real waste. It's like my brain wants to appreciate all of the subtleties and whatever else, but it really wants to just relax.

EDIT: Nicki Minaj, anyone? Oh, God, I'm embarrassed...

people c'mon..where is this?

tim buckley-song to the siren

here is the ThisMortalCoil cover but i love the original,the this mortal coil version,the john frusciante one and even sinead o'connors version.they all rule.tim buckley himself has recorded different versions of this masterpiece.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdtu7DXeO6w&feature=related

people still argue about wether tim was singing about heroin or a person.i say its a masterpiece anyway anyhow.oh and Tim died by accidental use of heroin..seriously.

...LYRICS
On the floating, shapeless oceans
I did all my best to smile
til your singing eyes and fingers
drew me loving into your eyes.

And you sang "Sail to me, sail to me;
Let me enfold you."
Here I am, here I am waiting to hold you.

Did I dream you dreamed about me?
Were you here when I was full sail?
Now my foolish boat is leaning, broken love lost on your rocks.

For you sang, "Touch me not, touch me not, come back tomorrow."
Oh my heart, oh my heart shies from the sorrow.

I'm as puzzled as a newborn child.
I'm as riddled as the tide.
Should I stand amid the breakers?
Or shall I lie with death my bride?

Hear me sing: "Swim to me, swim to me, let me enfold you."
"Here I am. Here I am, waiting to hold you."

malady - heroine

Heroin the heroine, you made a mess. Now keep in mind. Sure, you want assualt, now get inside.

when i did a lot of opiates i really loved the deftones, especially white pony and the self titled.

mostly cuz i was too lazy to get up and change music too.

i liked soundgarden a lot, also some kyuss, fu manchu, monster magnet, candlemass, black sabbath (old stuff), sleep, the ocean, isis, middian, mastodon, stuff like that.

Modest Mouse

Blame it on the Tetons
Baby blue sedan
LITTLE MOTEL
Trailer trash
The Cold Part
Out of gas
The good times are killing me

Ugly Casanova

Barnacles
So Long to the Holidays (amazing)

I'm deeply hurt there arn't as many solid Isaac Brock fans out there
Ill always be a bigger Isaac junkie than any substance in the world.

Last edited:
Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mbBbFH9fAg

One of my favourite songs to have ever nodded to, this alongside the euphoria of some oxy just lead to blissssssssssssssssssssssss.

Stone Sour- Through Glass. Not about opiates, but i enjoy nodding off to this song. Heroin by The Velevet Underground is a good one too.

charlie parker performing loverman is great to nod off to.. anything by lou reed of course.early leonard cohen works well. you can't put your arms around a memory by johnny thunders. any kind of slow ambient stuff... the band om comes to mind, so does sunn0))). during the peak of my opiate use i listened to tonnnnns of sludge/drone shit. if i was wearing headphones ide get into it to the point where it actually made me nod a lot easier..still does for that matter haha. ambient black metal works well too if you're into the heavier side of things.

also forgot to mention, anything slow by sun ra, the album lanquidity has some great examples of this.on an unrelated note, sun ra is also great mushroom music.

......janis joplins version of summertime is also a good one...oof...this is never gonna end..

Last edited:
Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd. 'No Rain' by Blind Melon is a favourite to listen to while high even if it's not connected to opiates its still a great chilled out song.