• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

BEST method for opiate withdrawl!!

sugarmagnolia_

Greenlighter
I think I've finally got it. I've been going through opiate withdrawal every month for the past 3 years, because I like to fuck around and take all my Roxies at once. Anyways, here's what you're gonna need.

-Immodium
Diarrhea & Cramps

-Midol
Stomach cramps, caffiene in the pills also gives you energy

-"Stay Awake"
*Extreme tiredness first few days, if you have to function while WDing and can't just lounge around

-Gabapentin
*This by far is the BEST medication for withdrawal. It says it's an anti convulsant but I was RX'd for Nerve Pain. It knocks out the restless leg syndrome, the overall un easy feeling, even gooseflesh!! The best part is it also curbs the craving for opiates better than Subs. I swear by it. Some people fall asleep on it, but it honestly perks me up and I feel like I'm on a cloud for about 8-10 hours. I would suggest taking 900 MG twice a day, everyday for 5 days increase by one pill. I have not experienced WD from this but I would not take it longer than 7 days just to be safe %)

-Soma
*Helps you get a deep sleep, which is very hard to do while WD'ing. Also works to help the restless leg, gooseflesh and overall feeling like your body is falling apart.

-Marijuana
*I'm sure most of you know the awesome effects of Mary Jane. Just roll one & smoke one.

-Opioid Replacement
* I am not a big fan of Subs, and for some people this may just cause a deeper addiction and is redundant if you're going cold turkey. However, if you can find a replacement opioid to take at a low dose (less than 15 mg) 2-3 times a day, it gives your brain just enough opiate to calm down the withdrawls. For example, when I run out of oxycodone I'll buy about 50-60 tabs and ration them out very carefully. One when I wake up, one in the afternoon, one around bedtime. I would highly suggest going "down" an opiate for the replacement. For example, if you are WDing from Hydrocodone, use codeine. For oxy, use hydrocodone. If you're WDing from codiene it's probably not a good idea to replace it with smoking Fentanyl. Use your judgement, what's left atleast =D

I really feel that Gabapentin is an untapped drug to ease withdrawls. It is a MIRACLE drug! Atleast for me.

Anyone else use Gabapentin/Neurontin for withdrawls?

I've read tons of posts of people using Gabapentin or Pregabalin for Opioid withdrawal, I have never had the chance to try it though...

^I was gonna write the same, I'd like to get my hands on some for the next time I have to withdraw. They could be very helpful for the transition from a H or oxy to Subs.

Gabapentin is WONDERFUL for opiate withdrawal, it literally takes away 99% of the negativeness!! But like with all "wonder drugs" it has it's catch which is it has a cross tolerance with benzos (which are useful for opiate withdrawal as well) and you can gain a tolerance very quickly and lose the high that masks the opiate withdrawals... so your best bet is to use them ONLY for detoxing and no longer than 7 days but yeah they are fun and IDK why rehabs and detox clinics aren't using this!!

I find my tolerance to Gabapentin Base lines after two days of abstinence. I was prescribed 1200MG a day of Gabapentin and it really helped me. Helps with nerve pain a lot too!

Hi sugar magnolia.....been there done that....I got tired of getting meds eating them all then here it came that damn flu like symptoms.....I got tired of it and found that the gabapentin and immodium and valium worked for me. I have also been able to stay off this time. I am so tired of being sick...It sucks. Its been about a week and a half approx. and I feel so much better. I feel I can tackle the world. Im am slowly reducing the amount of the gaba and immodium but Im still taking a couple valiums a day. It was a life saver for me. I am so grateful to this site and the posters who experimented and came up with the perfect antidote. So yes it is a miracle drug for me as well.

HI .Yeah gabapentin been amazing for oxy withdrawal for me.this is my second time and im two weeks into it,.ive so gotta knock it on head..just cant take the oxys anymore :( .At the moment my mind is also with me on this ,and hopefully it wont change..maybe thats why as well as the gabapentin in finding it a hell of a lot easier than last time and i was having over 400 mg (at one time) of oxys a day ! and i just thought ive had enough. so heres hoping i carry on and get through this. ive also got tamazepam but i see some people say dont take with gab and others say do as helps with withdrawels so i dont know ??

I'm guessing that Pregabalin will work just as well as Gabapentin? Also can you buy Soma ( Carisoprodol) OTC?

I live in Vietnam. Thanks

hi

Jus wanna say that I've been using Gabapentin for a while now... I usually do a wd twice a month cause I'm also in the same boat. The only thing I have to say tho, is once u use GABA more frequently, it becomes alittle unpredictable. I only use it to wd and DO NOT take it every day. Some times I find it to work super well, and other times it works jus ok. I usually stagger doses every 45 mins and sometimes I end up taking like 4000mg in one day and don't even get the "cloud" feeling ur talking about. Other times I only need half that, and am sleeping like a baby and am wd free for 48hours. And I have a oxy habit anywhere from 4 to 10 Roxie 30s a day. I also hate that it take sooo long to kick in. It's like I need to start "GABA up" like way before the 24 hr mark because I know it takes so long to get the GABA to work!

Ok so I have always read stuff on bluelight but I cant help but finally post something that will help everyone going through withdrawal out there. I have several methods each one working better or worse then the others but here they are:

>First off, don't take suboxone or anything like that, and don't try to taper, it WILL NOT WORK, and you will just go into withdrawal when you stop taking any of those. You must Cold Turkey It, its the only way your body can fully repair and do it as quickly as possible, throwing more opiate chemicals into the mix of a brain chemistry that's already out of homeostasis will just confuse it even more (not a good idea, no matter what doctor's tell you, remember they are trying to make money).
>Second, you have to get rid of your sources for the opiates, give your phone to someone and tell them not to give it back under any circumstance, and if possible get rid of your keys so you don't have the option of attempting to get opiates. Trust me on this, it will help you not think about it during the withdrawal because it just wont be an option on the table anymore and that is key to reducing anxiety and cravings. Also, your not going to be able to do anything work related during this period so just take time off or even quit your job because this is more important then anything in your life right now, it needs to be handled or all the things you have will eventually fade away anyway. Your going to need two weeks at least, because even when you start feeling better after a week, cravings will be super intense. Its not just about getting through physical withdrawal, its about breaking the habit that you have ingrained into your head for so long that pills are the solution and provide relief of stress or whatever.
>Third, rehab facilities are a joke, its yet another scheme for people to make tons of money off addicts, you do not need a rehab facility! This can be done on your own and you will save a ton of money. Rehab facilities just set you up for relapse anyway because they are just temporarily keeping the option of getting opiates out of your hands. Quitting cold turkey makes it so YOU have decided you want to stop and you only need your own will power to do it. Rehab facilities will just make you go nuts about deciding whether or not to get one when you get back home because the option is suddenly available to you again and its even easier to rationalize that you will just do it one time and nothing bad will happen, but that will just start the cycle all over again and a month later you will be in the same situation you worked so hard to get out of. DO IT YOURSELF! Psychiatrists and counselors don't know shit because more then likely they have not experienced it or experienced the type of life it creates.

1. (this will make withdrawal super easy) Adderall and Kpins:
- This is the absolute best way to get through withdrawal, you wont need any over the counter stuff or anything, just Adderall and Kpins. Let me explain why, opiate withdrawal is basically when your brain doesn't produce the right amount of dopamine anymore (yes I am aware there are other neurotransmitters that are depleted as well but dopamine is going to cause you the most problems by far). The dopamine depletion will cause a ton of problems including, depression, fatigue, loss of appetite, mood swings, inability to concentrate or find energy, insomnia, severe anxiety, sensitive skin, complete loss of interest or pleasure through any activity, etc..... yea, yea, yea, its all very terrible and everyone hates it. The Adderall will STOMP half of these symptoms. You wont feel fatigued, you will be able to do productive things, it will lower the anxiety a little, get rid of sensitive skin too, and level out your mood so your not having super depression. This is because Adderall also reuptakes dopamine but not in the same way, it doesn't flood your system with it, it just gives enough to do its job, but its great for dampening the symptoms I just went over. Also the norepinephrine will give you the energy to exercise which is a super important thing for speeding up withdrawal, as well as getting your brain used to producing its own neurotransmitters again. Exercise is so important I cant even describe how important it is! It will speed up the withdrawal process tremendously while keeping your bodies functions healthy through this period.
-Next is the anxiety, Adderall will dampen it a little bit but the Kpins are the cure for this. They last much longer then Xanax so that's why I recommend them over Alprazolam (and they are not as habit forming which is the last thing we want when trying to kick an addiction). The Kpins will keep you calm and will help with the insomnia so much. If you still cant sleep with Kpins, just take one OTC sleeping pill and I promise you will get a good sleep (which is the second most important factor to speeding up withdrawal). Sleep and Exercise are your best friends during this process, they fix things faster and better and both Adderall/Kpins will help you do those things consistently everyday while helping you not feel like complete ass. Just take these for a week and you will be over withdrawal easy without barely noticing any symptoms. Ta-Da you are cured, now just don't go back to opiates and your good (maybe don't get your phone back for another week or two until you feel you can say NO to opiates and trust me you will know when you can say NO).

2. (will make withdrawal easier) OTC stuff and Alcohol:
- Ok ya everyone has all there theories on OTC stuff and its all true, it just matters how you do it. Imodium is great (works fantastic, although I prefer to get all that shit out of me so I don't take it), OTC Sleeping Pills are an absolute must, a supplement with Omega 3 and 6, Multi-Vitamins, Protein Shakes, and Advil if you don't have a high pain tolerance, plus alcohol (ill explain in a second). This is what your going to want to do everyday, wake up and take the Imodium after you go to the bathroom once, take supplement with Omega 3 and 6 in the morning and before sleep, take multi-vitamin in morning and before sleep, Take protein shakes as needed for hunger because the BCAA's in them will interact with the Omega 3's and 6's and help the body use them much more efficiently, which takes stress off the body from having to produce its own nutrients, which allows it to focus more on fixing the Dopamine depletion and getting back to homeostasis. All the nonsense you read with kava kava root and L-tyrosine is not going to work because its like an SSRI (Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor), you have to take them for an extended period of time before they start changing things, so by the time they start working you will be done with w/d anyway. The sleeping pills can be taken on an as needed basis for anxiety, they will calm your body down and help you relax but the insomnia will be so strong they wont put you to sleep. If the anxiety gets really bad, take a couple shots of Alcohol, it will depress the nervous system enough to dampen the anxiety but do not get drunk because the hangover in the morning with w/d will make your anxiety multiplied 10x and trust me its not fun at all. Also sitting under a blanket and sweating your ass off seemed to help speed up the w/d process as well, not sure why that is but I know it worked for me. If you can exercise do it! (even just walking) It may suck but it will help with everything. Now, when its time for bed, flood your system with anti-oxidants (Arcai-Root is what I used, there are many out there, just use google), this helps get rid of all free radicals in the body which helps the body function better which contributes to getting the brain back to homeostasis faster. To get to sleep, take a double dose of the sleeping pills and a shot of alcohol, every time you wake up during the night (if you do), take another sleeping pill. I know this may seem a little excessive, but its not going to hurt you doing it for a couple days and sleep is super important. Last thing is try to take your mind off pills, find movies or TV shows you haven't seen before and binge. Passes time and keeps the brain focused on something else.

3. (Will help with withdrawal but it will still be uncomfortable) Sleeping Pills/Alcohol:
- I tried this method once and it worked out OKAY.....I definitely prefer the other ones. Take sleeping pills all day and sleep through withdrawal as much as you possibly can. Just make sure you eat or take vitamins so your getting nutrition. Also if you cant sleep and want to have a joint, it will distract your mind from w/d for a while. Also getting a little drunk will give you something to do and help the anxiety, but if you drink a good amount one day, your going to have to keep drinking that amount until the w/d phase is over, which is not really healthy but honestly who gives a shit about being healthy when your going through hell, drinking several days in a row isn't going to kill you. Just make sure when your going to bed on the third day to drink a ton of water and rehydrate your body from all the alcohol because when you wake up for the 4th day you should feel way better. Obviously this method doesn't include exercise because your getting drunk but it will get you through it and that's the goal right! I recommend the first two over this one obviously but its up to you.

Also you could just go cold turkey and just deal with all the symptoms without any help from anything (which is something I have done as well) it sucks but when you hit that fourth day.......its nothing but easy coasting from then on because those first 3 days were so bad that nothing will compare to them. This all natural way may produce better results in the long-run as well because you naturally let your body take care of it but that's just a theory of mine, I have no evidence to support that claim because I have never done it that way. Either way, just stop doing it and get through it, its only 3 days of serious stuff and then you can get through the rest no problem. Ya its going to suck but think about it, that's 3 days of a 70 yr. life, its 2 weeks out of a lifetime of feeling better. Logically it makes no sense to not just say fuck it and force yourself through it no matter how bad it is, I promise you can do it and I promise its something you want to do......opiates just slowly take everything in your life away, you can argue the other side all you want, but eventually it ruins everything and makes everything else in life that's suppose to be enjoyable....always suck. Look at all the dealers you get stuff from, they are going no where in their life, they never will, and they will never do anything great or amazing. They will just be the same until the day they die, and I absolutely promise when that day comes they are going to be scared as hell, freaking out, and begging and begging and begging for more time because that's when they will realize I not only haven't done anything useful or good with my life, I ruined other people's lives too. I understand its an addiction and a disease but honestly, there may be a place in hell for those people because of the way they effect peoples lives. Just take my advice and stop right now before more damage is done, its really not worth it compared to what is being lost because of it.

-Anyway, method 1 works so well and will get you through w/d easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I personally find gabapentin to be absolutely useless for anything. Pregabalin, on the other hand, is a godsend. I'm on a low dose of Subutex for maintenance, I tried and failed to kick my 300mg+ oxycodone addiction. Before I caved and went on Subutex, I used alprazolam to sleep and pregabalin to deal with the malaise during the days and my Adderall XR 30mg + pregabalin during the PAWS phase. Sucks it's so god damn expensive; my insurance doesn't cover pregabalin and it was about $400 for a months supply. I'd rather suffer than get raped by big pharma. $400 is beyond ludicrous.

I'm going thru a w/d right now and i think adderal helps with my energy.. I took 40mg oxy a day but now I'm taking 2.5mg and adderal 10mg just to get my day going ..I've never tried Imodium but am going to.
I know people react differently to opiates w/d but for me . 10mg adderal during the day and 1mg xanax helps me with my sleep at night. I'm on day 3 tapering down from 40mg to 2.5mg of oxy.but def going to try Imodium and stop taking oxy period .

The last time I went through wd from heroin it was with methadone. Yeah, I know how tough it is.
I was on 150mg daily for about 8 years, maybe less, but I went down slowly, 2 mg a week for a longgg time till I finally walked out the door at zero mgs..
Lucky me I had some gabapentin and some hydrocodone so I supplemented that last few months with small doses until I was completely done.
I don't even know if clinics still use methadone. It's been awhile since the last time I went to one.
I wish I could say that I appreciate the people there, but truth is they were assholes the whole time up until the last day I walked out the door.

I quit a g-a-day heroin habit using only immodium. I think you give Gaba too much credit.

Firefox
I have kicked dope a few times making it a few months at a time so this last time I went into this trial for some new med Suboxone (like12 years ago) I'm even on the stupid video that pitches it to new Dr's. Here is my problem/ question what is the best way to come off 12 years of suboxone? I actually had to switch to straight subutex (no naltraxone) about 5 years ago because my liver got all messed up. I have gotten myself and my body into a yo-yo of a ride. I am prescribed Adderal 20 mg 2x a day Xanax 2mg 2x a day and .5 xanax when needed. I have gotten myself down to 40 mg's Adderal from 80 mg's a day and I have gotten from xanax to kpins 3 1mg's a day but I feel hopeless and really need some sound advice. I run a company and have a daughter so from the outside it looks like my shit is together but dam I'm a mess. I am so close to ruining a 20 year marriage because I just don't feel anything. NOTHING! I have never posted anything on any site nor do I use the computer very often but what I read above seemed like some people who have been here and actually seem to care. I have started to titrate down from (4) 8 mg subs a day I now take 2 but since I have been on it for so long I'm not sure how my body/brain will handle cold turkey. I know you can't die from detox but it sure does feel like it. I know no one owes me anything but I wholeheartedly would appreciate any advice. Sorry for the long winded question and thank you for any help. Brad

I am newly off Benzo's hydrocodone and now oxy80's . I've learned online about lopremide( Imodium ) it curbs almost all withdrawal but will make me Ill at high doses . I took all my lyrica and now am suffering !!!!! I know now the part lyrica plays . Imodium is an opiate and in 30-40 mg doses will make a person functionable . Getting my soma soon so I will feel much better. Glad I found this site . Need to send a warn .. Imodium had me feeling heart attack nervous yesterday I couldn't stand up for more than 5 min and my breathing was very labored , drenched in sweat . I took to much and have been in bed now on day 2 feeling better today tho. Immo is better used once in the am and pm only . Of course me the raging addict took upwards of 300 mg in 6 hours. Just be carefull guys ❤️

I have the same problem with my Dilauded. I always run out about 5-6 days before my script can be refilled. The gabapentin does help some. I have taken a medication for years for restless legs syndrome. With the gabapentin I no longer need it. My doctor has me on it 300 mg 3 times a day for nerve pain. It makes me drowsy however, and I end up taking something to stay awake. I have started with Kratom since it is legal and easy to buy when I run out. I must not have the dosage correct. About 12 hours after my last dilauded dose, I feel the withdrawals coming on. My symptoms are bad diarrhea, shakes, cold chills and just a yucky feeling like with the flu. Does anyone have suggestions on a dosage for the kratom. I am 60 and weigh 134lbs. I have two more doses. That is with me cutting my 4mg in half to stretch them out.... Is there something that would be safe to use with the kratom to help with the symptoms? My first time going through withdrawal I had no idea what to do. It was cold turkey. I was so sick within about 36 hours I went to the hospital. Even though my opiate is from a physician script from my pain doctor, they wouldn't help me because I am an addict. They just sent me home

Gawd, I'm so cold, I'm so tired, I'm so hungry - I've been WDing for 2 weeks now, first week I thought I beat it, I slept like 5hrs, & I've been awake since - I have the chills, what helps

For anyone suggesting Imodium/loperamide, you only want to use this to mitigate severe diarrhea. Taken as directed is fine for short term use just don't go crazy with it. MeowMix, one thing that is very useful for helping you sleep is clonidine. It's a blood pressure medication that doctors can prescribe off-label. What do you have on hand?