• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Best "in vivo" cognitive/functionality/performance enhancer?

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
Proven, not hypothetical or being investigated.

Proven and used day to day.

Caffeine = NA for me.
Nicotine = NA for me.

Cocaine, mdma etc = NA for me.
They're too euphoric and not conducive to true performance (like studying).

Would it be fair to say it's amphetamine (not methamphetamine)?

Last edited:
Basically I came off a combination of anti depressants two years ago (mirtazapine, atomoxetine, sertraline) which were excellent mood boosters and cognitive enhancers, but they had stopped working.

I just need something on an intermittent basis as a "pick me up".

Something noradrenaline heavy is good as that's always given the best energy boost.

Riddle me this;

Does MDMA compare to amphetamine as a cognitive booster, study and/or performance aid?

Riddle me this;

Does MDMA compare to amphetamine as a cognitive booster, study and/or performance aid?
I do not believe that this has been formally studied, but due to
  1. Far less of an effect on dopamine
  2. Excessive serotonin release making using for consecutive days or even weeks unsafe
MDMA should not be used (and likely has very poor efficacy) as an ADHD treatment/study drug.

Last edited:
Anyone agree with this?

Even though it puts you on the verge of drug induced psychosis, it's still meth, as a study aid?
At typical recreational doses, sure.
Still, the risk of psychosis comes mostly from lack of sleep and food; A hurdle that can be tackled once the drug has sufficiently built up in your system through micro dosing.

I firmly believe this drug can be utilized to harness just about anyone's untapped potential. Ever seen 'Limitless' with Bradley Cooper?

Last edited:
Nope. Methamphetamine is far too compulsive and euphoric to be eternally functional like regular amphetamine is, unless the user has godlike self control, which most don't.

So we're confirmed... I AM GOD-like.

No but seriously, unless you suffer from chronic depression &/or ADHD (I do) then yeah, as Deficit pointed out, the added euphoria you get with meth usually leads to compulsion issues right out the gate.
That's why I suggested micro dosing like 5 mg at a time or less. Like a Desoxyn Rx.
Depending on body weight, I doubt there'd be much more than a general mood lift.

That's why I suggested micro dosing like 5 mg at a time or less. Like a Desoxyn Rx.
If the dosage gets too low (e.g. 2-3mg) it actually becomes harmful as the amphetamines will occupy the TAAR1 receptors without activating them, causing your body to increase its sensitivity to naturally produced dopamine in response. This can lead to major movement, sleep, and cardiovascular issues long term.

If the dosage gets too low (e.g. 2-3mg) it actually becomes harmful as the amphetamines will occupy the TAAR1 receptors without activating them, causing your body to increase its sensitivity to naturally produced dopamine in response. This can lead to major movement, sleep, and cardiovascular issues long term.
This is interesting, the first time I hear about low doses of meth being bad! Do you have a source/paper link for that? I felt that very low doses of plain amphetamine were subtle but good. Same with meth, just the legs were too long, one needs to have the chance to rest and repair during the night.

Combination of amphetamine with memantine is interesting and may be worth a try.

So we're confirmed... I AM GOD-like.

No but seriously, unless you suffer from chronic depression &/or ADHD (I do) then yeah, as Deficit pointed out, the added euphoria you get with meth usually leads to compulsion issues right out the gate.
Depending on body weight, I doubt there'd be much more than a general mood lift.
This is essentially my thoughts on it as well. If one were to be able to keep to smaller doses, it might actually be helpful. (oh God, I'm sure acklacks ears are getting red right about now)

I have actually never heard this either. Where did you hear this at?

This is essentially my thoughts on it as well. If one were to be able to keep to smaller doses, it might actually be helpful.
The compulsion to deviate to higher doses
should be a non issue provided the ROA remain strictly oral and you don't have an extensive history using the stuff recreationally (Pandora doesn't close her box the lil slut).

Anyway I've been enjoying the benefits of a 'one & done' oral dose in the late morning each day for around 2 or 3 weeks now. (Though admittedly, NOT a "therapeutic" dose due to tolerance 🤷)

Last edited: