• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Best/Cheapest Testing Kit?

itstimetoroll

Greenlighter
Hey im interested in possibly getting a pill testing kit, wheres the best and cheapest one online? Also Id like to get one that tests for specifically mdma if possible or that can at least differentiate between mdma and mda... Thanks for any info and yea im new here and this is my first post haha

First off, welcome to Bluelight. :)

Your best bet for testing pills is to get a variety of testers so cross analysis can be performed. The use of more than one test kit narrows down what is actually contained within your pills, which in turn, allows for a greater level of confidence in what you're consuming. In this instance, the best kit available is the EZ Test Complete which contains Marquis, Mandelin, Mecke and the Extreme reagents (Simon's, Robadope and Buffer reagents).

Something to keep in mind, however, is that certain reactions can be hidden by others. A light reaction will obviously be hidden by a fast dark reaction. The use of test kits only gives an indication of what is contained within the pill and is by no means definitive.

Detailed below is a table thats shows what the reagents test for.

ezdj0.jpg

Hope this helps. :)

$40 for a bottle of Marquis reagent? That's almost twice the cost compared to other suppliers such as dancesafe or enlighten. The multi-reagent kits such as Extreme look like a good deal however.

Last edited:
Enlighten are definitely the best choice when considering the purchase of Mandelin, Marquis or Simons reagents. Their kits are larger and cheaper than the other companies, but sadly, they only ship within Australia.

As the OP didn't state where they were from the option that covers all bases is obviously EZ-Test.

the OP didn't state where they were from the option that covers all bases is obviously EZ-Test.
DanceSafe also ships worldwide. The OP specifically asks which is the "best and cheapest." As for "best," sulphuric acid is sulphuric acid, but as for "cheapest," Marquis reagent from DS is almost 1/2 the price of EZ. I think $40 for a bottle of Marquis reagent is outrageous. At any rate, I'd prefer to put my money in the pocket of an active non-profit harm reduction organization than in that of a commercial venture.

On the other hand, the OP also asks about differentiation between MDMA and MDA. I'm not a proponent of the Robadope reagent myself. So, then I guess one would need to compare prices on Simons' reagent in addtion to Marquis, and I'm feeling too lazy to do so. My feeling is that since the OP is asking about "the cheapest," they are not interested in buying a whole box full of reagents. But if they are, then EZ extreme is probably their best deal.

As a disclosure, I am partial to DS as I have worked with them in the past, but note that I also recommended Enlighten with which I have no relationship whatsoever. And this site is partial to EZ because of their mutually beneficial relationship.

Last edited:
It appears there has been a slight misunderstanding in regards to the pricing of these kits. The table shown above is from the Australian EZtest site, not the international EZtest site, and shows the prices for reagent kits in Australian dollars. The reason for including the table was so the OP could see what each reagent tests for, rather than indicating price.

DanceSafe and EZtest are on par price wise, but when the Bluelight discount is taken into account, EZ-Test come out ahead.

Shown below is the cost of Marquis Reagents from both companies before taking into account shipping costs.

EZ Test Marquis Reagent - €18.00 - €3.60 = €14.40 = $19.4242 USD
DanceSafe Marquis Reagent - $25.00 USD

Apologies for the confusion. :)

Just for the record. I buy my kits from Enlighten because they are larger, cheaper and the money is going straight to the HR coal face.

Aha. I was indeed assuming they were US dollars. I was rather shocked at what I thought they were charging! That makes a lot more sense now. Sorry for making a big deal about nothing. :)

It's not a big deal at all. :)

We were able to work through any confusion and put forward the best response to the OP through discussion. At the end of the day the OP has got a pretty good answer IMO. :)

DanceSafe also ships worldwide. The OP specifically asks which is the "best and cheapest." As for "best," sulphuric acid is sulphuric acid, but as for "cheapest," Marquis reagent from DS is almost 1/2 the price of EZ. I think $40 for a bottle of Marquis reagent is outrageous. At any rate, I'd prefer to put my money in the pocket of an active non-profit harm reduction organization than in that of a commercial venture.

On the other hand, the OP also asks about differentiation between MDMA and MDA. I'm not a proponent of the Robadope reagent myself. So, then I guess one would need to compare prices on Simons' reagent in addtion to Marquis, and I'm feeling too lazy to do so. My feeling is that since the OP is asking about "the cheapest," they are not interested in buying a whole box full of reagents. But if they are, then EZ extreme is probably their best deal.

As a disclosure, I am partial to DS as I have worked with them in the past, but note that I also recommended Enlighten with which I have no relationship whatsoever. And this site is partial to EZ because of their mutually beneficial relationship.

DanceSafe recently came out with Folin's reagent as a replacement for Simon's. It looks to be useful for differentiating MDA, MDMA, & MDEA, but it's not a binary reagent that is selective for secondary amines like Simon's reagent is.

Last edited: