• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

best accurate video of a trip

Re_Animate

Bluelighter
Whats the best/ most accurate 'visual' reproduction of a psychedelic trip?

theres this video from the movie blueberry that was really trippy.
theres another one on youtube with this guy looking into a mirror and his face reshapes and has that awesome trippy echo going on, most accurate mirror scene ever =P

any others?

i think that to this day, nothing comes close to the blueberry representation of a trip

when other film makers have tried, it didn't look like they actually had experienced one and new what they were "talking" about

generally, the typical literal visual representations of trips on film hardly represent what it is to trip

it's more than just distortion

I think it's pretty difficult to capture the visual side of things, but it's generally better when the mood is captured. When you can tell that the people involved have actually tripped before, and are able to capture a certain atmosphere. I've always really liked one particular scene from Six Feet Under.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxTELMLoa3E

^yeah i liked that one, but it had nothing to do with the series. i'm on that season now (4th, i think) and that one intro was in the 70's but never explained. does it come back to relevance?

It was explained, albeit quite subtly. It's a blink and you'll miss it kinda thing, but when I noticed it I thought it was brilliant.

HBO.com said:
Following the funeral, Nate puts Lisa's body in the hearse, assumedly to take to the crematorium. Instead, Nate pours the cremains of an unclaimed body into a newly labeled box with Lisa's name on it. A quiet exchange between Nate and David reveals that David is complicit in deceiving Lisa's family-which in a backward way has allowed Nate and the Kimmels to each have the funeral they wanted. After the Kimmels leave, Nate drives to the desert and buries Lisa.

The unclaimed cremains were Bruno's. :)

Last edited:
I think it's pretty difficult to capture the visual side of things, but it's generally better when the mood is captured. When you can tell that the people involved have actually tripped before, and are able to capture a certain atmosphere. I've always really liked one particular scene from Six Feet Under.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxTELMLoa3E

Very nice visual effects, but the ending ruined it for me. Way too cliche and negative with the 'thought he could fly on acid' bullshit stereotype. bleh. :p

Well he had to die somehow, that's what happened at the start of every episode. ;)

I agree with the fact that you cant really reproduce the emotional "mind F@#K" part of a trip and the visuals arnt even half of the story.

what about the "audio" part of it, that sort of hazy sounding skippy semi echo lag sound.

you know what i mean?

theres a video on youtube with this guy looking in the mirror and his face morphs, the audio effect in the background FULLY tripped me out in reality. but are there any songs or videos that have that real trip sounding sound.

yeah i know the one, and i know the echo like sound you mean. that is a nice vid.

the trip scene in easy rider
that's what i had in mind when i said that it looks like some films makers have NO idea what they are taling about (maybe they do, but it comes out wrong)

if your trips are anywhere near the one in easy rider, it's one one more reason to think that psychedelics treat me very well

i think that to this day, nothing comes close to the blueberry representation of a trip

when other film makers have tried, it didn't look like they actually had experienced one and new what they were "talking" about

What do you mean 'blueberry'?

There is a classic rock music video that did a pretty good job of representing some bad ass tracers with cheezy effects. I've been racking my brain all day trying to remember the song. The video was just the band playing.