• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos... Please help

garland3688

Greenlighter
Hello...I have never posted in a forum before, but I am feeling that I must ask questions that I have in my mind in hopes someone can offer feedback. I'm nearly in tears so here goes.

I have been on and off with Benzos, Xanax, Valium, and Klonopin. I have always been so nervous that I would take them nearly every day, sometimes more than I'm suppose to and would often gain a tolerance. Recently, I was placed back on Klonopin after discussing with my doctor my feelings about my Xanax no longer working... I felt as though after an hour passed by I would start feeling sick and anxious. I thought maybe I had developed a high tolerance and was going through withdrawal... So I was back on Klonopin. I haven't been taking it for about a week, and started up again 3 days ago. I know that Klonopin is longer lasting, so withdrawals wouldn't begin right away, however, after about an hour I would feel anxious and break out into a sweat. I started to increase the dose until I was calm, and still an hour later I would feel those horrible feelings... Is it possible that I am feeling klonopin withdrawal so soon? I have never went any higher than what I was taking... I really don't know what's going on with me and I'm so miserable. Maybe its something else? Please, if anyone has any advice I'm all ears...

Also, I was wondering, I'm prescribed Seroquel. I have been off it for a few days (it makes me hungry) could that be causing these sick feelings? If I start taking it again would they subside and would I be able to take Seroquel and not rely so much on the Klonopin?

Thank you so much for allowing me to share my feelings and ask my questions. I would appreciate any feedback.

I would hope that you found the cause of your problems, instead of using drugs every day. It will turn you into a junkie! :/

I've been suffering from depression and anxiety since 2011, and I used to self-medicate with all kinds of drugs. Most often I would spend all my money on amphetamines, then shoot them with a syringe, to get very high and forget my worries.

After that, I would "crash" and start looking for benzos, or subutex. I did this until March this year, when I got the chance to be in a drug rehab clinic, and get things straight.

Nowadays I'm on Methadone, 40mgs daily. I've always been weak for having a drug "crotch" to lean on. And I must say, that keeping away from the amphs and needles, is very important for me-
also I'm trying to make my life work on other levels. I believe, that if your life is good and happy, you won't think about, or need drugs to cope.

My doctor wouldn't prescribe benzos for me daily, but the methadone has been a gift from god.

wish you the best
-Erl

I've been suffering from depression and anxiety since 2011, and I used to self-medicate with all kinds of drugs. Most often I would spend all my money on amphetamines, then shoot them with a syringe, to get very high and forget my worries.

After that, I would "crash" and start looking for benzos, or subutex. I did this until March this year, when I got the chance to be in a drug rehab clinic, and get things straight.

Nowadays I'm on Methadone, 40mgs daily. I've always been weak for having a drug "crotch" to lean on. And I must say, that keeping away from the amphs and needles, is very important for me-
also I'm trying to make my life work on other levels. I believe, that if your life is good and happy, you won't think about, or need drugs to cope.

My doctor wouldn't prescribe benzos for me daily, but the methadone has been a gift from god.

wish you the best
-Erl
I’m actually having a very sleepless night from adderall. I never had a problem with Xanax knocking me out at night from the adderall, but with the Klonopin it just doesn’t help to put me to sleep. Mind you though, these are all prescribed and I am not an abuser of any of this stuff.

I thought that might be it as well... I pick up my prescription later this week. I’m also prescribed Adderall, a very low dose. 10mg but I break it in half for 5mg. I noticed when it wears off I don’t feel well and when I take the klonopin it doesn’t help. When I use to take Xanax it would relax me more. Would my doctor put me back on Xanax if I asked him before if I could go on Klonopin, because the Xanax tolerance went up? Maybe it went down? I don’t know how it works... plus the klonopin makes me feel like I’m having an itch like from a food allergy. I was like that on Valium. I heard Ativan causes itching and rashes as well. Thanks for the reply :)

A doctor once told me that chronic benzo use csn actually cause anxiety.
Is it possible to do a slow taper and gauge your anxiety without benzos?

A doctor once told me that chronic benzo use csn actually cause anxiety.
Is it possible to do a slow taper and gauge your anxiety without benzos?
Thank you for your reply. I have tried switching Benzos and tapering down, but can not tolerate the withdrawals. :/

Hello...I have never posted in a forum before, but I am feeling that I must ask questions that I have in my mind in hopes someone can offer feedback. I'm nearly in tears so here goes.

I have been on and off with Benzos, Xanax, Valium, and Klonopin. I have always been so nervous that I would take them nearly every day, sometimes more than I'm suppose to and would often gain a tolerance. Recently, I was placed back on Klonopin after discussing with my doctor my feelings about my Xanax no longer working... I felt as though after an hour passed by I would start feeling sick and anxious. I thought maybe I had developed a high tolerance and was going through withdrawal... So I was back on Klonopin. I haven't been taking it for about a week, and started up again 3 days ago. I know that Klonopin is longer lasting, so withdrawals wouldn't begin right away, however, after about an hour I would feel anxious and break out into a sweat. I started to increase the dose until I was calm, and still an hour later I would feel those horrible feelings... Is it possible that I am feeling klonopin withdrawal so soon? I have never went any higher than what I was taking... I really don't know what's going on with me and I'm so miserable. Maybe its something else? Please, if anyone has any advice I'm all ears...

Also, I was wondering, I'm prescribed Seroquel. I have been off it for a few days (it makes me hungry) could that be causing these sick feelings? If I start taking it again would they subside and would I be able to take Seroquel and not rely so much on the Klonopin?

Thank you so much for allowing me to share my feelings and ask my questions. I would appreciate any feedback.

Hi,

I also take klonopin / clonazepam.
I have found the withdrawal starts right away for me. If I even have to go one night. By the time the pharmacy opens and I get my prescription, I am really feeling bad. I went for five days once without the clonazepam, not realizing what would happen. OMG! You do NOT want to go through Benzo withdrawal. Ever. It is very dangerous too.

I had to keep walking constantly. All day and all night during those five days without the clonazepam.
If I stopped walking, my body started to lock up and I started going into a seizure.
Plus I was hallucinating and felt so horrible.

I have no idea about what the Seroquel might do. Will do. That would be a bad combination to withdrawal from.
Go talk to your doctor or whatever you need to do. Just do not go without those medications.
Especially the klonopin. I could not believe what it caused. Real bad.
Doctors know about it. They will help you.
Benzo withdrawal can be deadly.
Please be very careful.

I wish you well. Good luck and kind regards.

Ps: I only take 1 mg a night too!
So that is not high dose.
Scary.
Also, if you have been taking it again for three days, just wait for it to start working again.
You have been in horrific withdrawal going without it for five days.
You should start to feel better real soon.
Sounds like you need your other medication as well.

❤️

Last edited:
Hi,

I also take klonopin / clonazepam.
I have found the withdrawal starts right away for me. If I even have to go one night. By the time the pharmacy opens and I get my prescription, I am really feeling bad. I went for five days once without the clonazepam, nit realizing what would happen. OMG! You do NOT want to go through Benzo withdrawal. Ever. It is very dangerous too.

I had to keep walking constantly. All day and all night during those five days without the clonazepam.
If I stopped walking, my body started to lock up and I started going into a seizure.
Plus I was hallucinating and felt so horrible.

I have no idea about what the Seroquel might do. Will do. That would be a bad combination to withdrawal from.
Go talk to your doctor or whatever you need to do. Just do not go without those medications.
Especially the klonopin. I could not believe what it caused. Real bad.
Doctors know about it. They will help you.
Benzo withdrawal can be deadly.
Please be very careful.

I wish you well. Good luck and kind regards.
Thank you for your reply... I just don't understand... Klonopin withdrawals, so I thought, shouldn't happen for at least 2 days...It's long acting....

I thought the same thing as you and I had gone without it for a day or two before and I had not noticed anything.
But then...going without it for five days. Wow!

The withdrawal started and starts real soon for me now.
It is long acting to last me through 24 hours now.
But I have health issues that are progressing.

I will never put myself through that withdrawal again. It was the worst.

I hope you feel better real soon.

Benzo withdrawals are horrible and can vary person person and how long and the dose you’ve been taking. Jumping around to different benzos isn’t a great idea as they all have different affects and withdrawal times. It sounds like you probably need an alternative and to taper off the benzo. For more info, check benzobuddies.com.