• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin Benzos and Smack

Hypnobis

Bluelighter
Hi all

Firstly, apologies if this is in the wrong forum, if so please do feel free to relocate.

I had a big benzo habit during 2015 (resulting in a seizure) and then I was clean until 2018 where I had another seizure after an extended high dose binge. Since this I have stayed away from Benzos.

However, over the last month and a bit I have been sniffing heroin (UK #3) daily. After a few weeks I thought I better get this under control. First day wasn't too bad but by the evening the RLS and body ache was excruciating. I couldn't sleep all night so in desperation I took a lot of diazepam (maybe 60-80mg). Naturally it didn't help much at all. During the next day I took some over the counter DHC to at least try to lessen the H WDs which has helped a little.

My worry now, because of my previous history, how should I approach the benzo situation. Should I try my luck as it was only 1 major day of usage (and the odd 10 a few days before) or should I be sensible and maybe do a quick taper as I really really cannot afford another seizure, my long suffering girlfriend would disown me and rightly so.

Not too worried about the H as although I was sniffing a fair bit I understand it's #3 so bioavailability isn't great anyway.

Can I ask you good people should I do cold turkey or enact a mild benzo taper to be safety. Ideally I'd rather not as I am sick and tired of benzos but I want to be sensible.

Any thoughts much appreciated. :)

Hi all

Firstly, apologies if this is in the wrong forum, if so please do feel free to relocate.

I had a big benzo habit during 2015 (resulting in a seizure) and then I was clean until 2018 where I had another seizure after an extended high dose binge. Since this I have stayed away from Benzos.

However, over the last month and a bit I have been sniffing heroin (UK #3) daily. After a few weeks I thought I better get this under control. First day wasn't too bad but by the evening the RLS and body ache was excruciating. I couldn't sleep all night so in desperation I took a lot of diazepam (maybe 60-80mg). Naturally it didn't help much at all. During the next day I took some over the counter DHC to at least try to lessen the H WDs which has helped a little.

My worry now, because of my previous history, how should I approach the benzo situation. Should I try my luck as it was only 1 major day of usage (and the odd 10 a few days before) or should I be sensible and maybe do a quick taper as I really really cannot afford another seizure, my long suffering girlfriend would disown me and rightly so.

Not too worried about the H as although I was sniffing a fair bit I understand it's #3 so bioavailability isn't great anyway.

Can I ask you good people should I do cold turkey or enact a mild benzo taper to be safety. Ideally I'd rather not as I am sick and tired of benzos but I want to be sensible.

Never cold turkey, that's unnecessary torture. Get a box of loperamide which is super cheap an OTC. It's an opiod that doesn't cross the blood brain barrier (therefore it doesn't get u high) but it helps a lot with the wd symptoms. The sweats, the RLS, the aches, the general malaise, the nausea, and ESPECIALLY THE diarrhea. U just have to take more than the Max daily dose(around 20-30mg) do not take more than thst csuse it is cardiotoxic at those levels.its still a nice med if u don't exceed those doses. Take the lope once a day, it takes likr 4 hrs for it to make full effect. If u haf access to gabapentin or lyrica thst works wonders too.

Hi all

You're supposed to smoke or bang UK dark otherwise it can fuck you're nose badly and you waste shit loads

You're supposed to smoke or bang UK dark otherwise it can fuck you're nose badly and you waste shit loads

Yeh man I know this, it was never my intention to go through with it this long but you know how it is with addicts. I got some to smoke and circumstances prevented it and so one sniff led to another. I did worry about the effect of #3 on the nose.

Never cold turkey, that's unnecessary torture. Get a box of loperamide which is super cheap an OTC. It's an opiod that doesn't cross the blood brain barrier (therefore it doesn't get u high) but it helps a lot with the wd symptoms. The sweats, the RLS, the aches, the general malaise, the nausea, and ESPECIALLY THE diarrhea. U just have to take more than the Max daily dose(around 20-30mg) do not take more than thst csuse it is cardiotoxic at those levels.its still a nice med if u don't exceed those doses. Take the lope once a day, it takes likr 4 hrs for it to make full effect. If u haf access to gabapentin or lyrica thst works wonders too.
Thanks for your response my friend. Yeh I think I should be ok as far as H withdrawal goes (all going well) I was mostly worried about the benzos due to previous issues.

Thanks for your response my friend. Yeh I think I should be ok as far as H withdrawal goes (all going well) I was mostly worried about the benzos due to previous issues.
Yeah, I have a moderate habit to benzos but u never run out cause they sell em to ME over the counter in my country. I take 4-8mg clonaz a day but mostly 6mg a day

@Hypnobis it's my opinion that by tapering you will only be setting your body up for the dependence/withdrawal cycle. One time usage shouldn't be enough in any context to warrant a taper. I can't advise you upon the seizure issue, as this is not intrinsically related to your dependence and withdrawal as far as I can tell. However, you must seek real medical attention if you feel unsafe in any way, this is all just opinion, but I'm reasonalby confident in what I'm saying for whatever that is worth.

Thanks all for your responses. Much appreciated. I really have nobody in my life I can speak to in detail about these affairs...and affairs is what my missus refers to them as, affairs with misery...she is choose life basically. I digresss....After all that benzo fog had started wearing off i have been left with more clarity (also after being soberly well informed by my partner, who suffered through the nightmare). Turns out it was more likely 100mg of diazepam that night so a bit more worrying. However, fortunately I did eventually pass out in the middle of the next day. @Keif, I get you 100%. i did that whole taper thing during those last 2 stints of benzo dependence I mentioned in OP. This time I'm just gonna try to get on with things and deal with the potentially more dangerous and seductive H affair. In the last I was always confused by the people who didn't find Benzos euphoric, as I certainly dd all those years ago. Now I have no interest in them recreationally and no euphoria from them, they are only that way when augmenting other drugs (weed and so on). Maybe I just fell out of love with them and see them now only as a useful circumstantial tool. So that other night, it was just a desperate desperate need for relief from RLS pain and insomnia. What a fool. For all my experience, no knowledge.
Anyways no worries on any benzo relapse or such nonsense. The seizure risk because of previous history is a littl scary, especially after such a mega dose for someone on little to no tolerance at least. So for safety I'm gonna go against my better judgement a do a quick taper. I took 0mg yesterday today I took 10mg tomorrow 5mg the next day 5mg then maybe 2.5 for a bit!? Or just jump off after feel ok on 5. Problem is I feel ok right now but that could be the opiates or a false dawn before the storm to come. I remember my first benzo Wd was when those RC pellets were still legal. So many with such long half life's that o didn't actually have a seizure for 2 weeks after the last dose or there abouts. With the diazepam, naturally it happened much faster.

Please, if you read to the end of this accept my apologies because there was nothing that was actually much conveyed. I have lurked bluelight for years through various scares and experiments in misspent youth but never contributed. I am too old for the drugs are cool or my identity bollocks anymore, or i should be. I wuick tobacco a while ago now although I vape for my sins. I smoke weed basically every day still to which I am still undecided as to whether it is good to do so. Otherwise, now I guess o am saying I want the life that repulsed me for decades, the "normal" life. I have a long term job, I'm getting by, a loving the extremely patient partner. What excuses I may of had have become whisps. May I get through this and get a handle on the gear.

Thanks all. As mentioned, I've read your advice and guidance for many years. You are most certainly undervalued in our societies.