• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Benzo to reduce awakenings?

I don't want any harm reduction advice tbh, I know the danger of benzos and I am on drugs for 10 years already

If someone knows a benzo that can help my case I d appreciate
I find the longer acting ones( kpins and Valium) work the best

I used to lie in bed either watching TV or browsing the net on my fone until recently & I do suffer frm insomnia but recently I've been getting into bed, no TV or fone, just lights out & lie down & tbh it's deffo made a difference in getting to sleep 👍🏻

Yeah screen time before bed is terrible for your sleep quality. What works best for me is laying in bed and reading by a dim lamplight until my eyes are closing involuntarily and then leaning over, turning off the light and immediately closing my eyes to sleep. If I get up, it's ruined.

But seriously, avoiding TV or phone screens or computer screens for a couple of hours before bed (and definitely IN bed) makes a huge difference. Our bodies respond to the blue light spectrum in physiological ways which disrupt sleep. Basically it's a biological cue that the sun is coming up and it's time to wake up.

Melatonin is not a long-term solution (been there, done that) so write that off. Valerian root is certainly not a joke, ever knocked down 600mg of it with a few beers or a couple shots? I have, more than once, and the results were interesting to say the least.

It reliably got me to sleep, but one night where I had been drinking and chewing on valerian root pills about half the day, I woke up at like 1am having sex with my girlfriend, not recalling getting naked or initiating intercourse. :LOL: That was fun.

If we're talking benzos I'd say good old diazepam would be your best bet. It's also the easiest to come off of.

How is melatonin not a good long term solution? Benzos are a thousand times worse to take long term. Melatonin is non addictive and just helps to reset your circadian rhythm and helps you get more restful sleep.

I am looking for a benzo that can help reduce awakenings during the night. I have no problem falling asleep but will wake up 2 - 3 times in the night​

this ones easy stillknox or zolpidem , not a benzo but works just as good but not addictive and is for keeping you asleep

I know I'm wicked late to this party but whatever. You're kind of making a mountain out of a mole hill dude. Nightime awakenings? Is that enough misery to cop a lifelong Benzo habit? Your father locking you in the closet from age 9-15 and feeding you crushed up Cheez Its underneath the door, yea, I can understand that.

Start with more mild alternatives like others have stated. The reality seems that your issues with sleep are pathological and not just an occasional occurence, so treating them with Benzodiazepines is really playing with fire. Think of finding a more mild, suitable alternative. As others have said, Melatonin actuallly is pretty fucking tight as supplements go. I'd feed that shit to my kiddoes every night if I had any.

Your in Holland anyway, why not just buy a nice prerolled joint to smoke whenever you wake up in the night? Perhaps a tincture would help you sleep better? Cannabis is mother nature giving you a nice warm hug. Benzodiazepines are mother nature finding out you stole 20$ our of he purse and punishing you accordingly.

I am looking for a benzo that can help reduce awakenings during the night. I have no problem falling asleep but will wake up 2 - 3 times in the night​

this ones easy stillknox or zolpidem , not a benzo but works just as good but not addictive and is for keeping you asleep
Zolpidem/Stillnox (or ambien to my American cousins) IS addictive

Good point @Bad Obsession. I still think that Z-Drugs are potent and addictive, but less so than Benzodiazepines. Also, Z-Drugs are almost all short-acting by their very nature so are well-suited for your type of situation. I still would consider more hollistic alternatives first. Melatonin. Valerian. Chamomille Tea. If those fail, perhaps try some sedating antihistamines a la Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) or Doxylamine (Unisom).

If none of this works, then sure, you can try reaching for the stronger shit. I'm a major opponent of Alcohol in all of its forms, but I believe social drinking by definition to be both acceptable and beneficial to the well-being of humankind, so if you're not liable to misuse Alcohol, perhaps down a Sherry to help you get back to sleep. Our bodies are able to filter out A LOT of bullshit that we throw at them collectively. It's only when we become relentless in our onslaught that our bodies beging to faulter. A couple of drinks isn't bad, your body can fix it. Constant Alcohol without a break is not gonna be healthy for anyone with a normal biological situation.

I am looking for a benzo that can help reduce awakenings during the night. I have no problem falling asleep but will wake up 2 - 3 times in the night.

Flunitrazepam 1mg, although I still wake up twice, I feel so wasted that I quickly fall back asleep, so it serves me well. But it is very difficult to get, and highly risky in terms of legal consequences.

In the Netherlands where I ll be in a few days I have easy access to:etizolam, clonazolam, flubromazolam, and flualprazolam.

Is any of these benzos good for staying asleep (falling asleep is no problem)?

If not please feel. Free to recommend me the ones that need prescription, I might be able to get them from dark web, but flunitrazepam can't be found in NL unfortunately, only here in Greece

Thanks a lot!
Phenobarbital.

Good point @Bad Obsession. I still think that Z-Drugs are potent and addictive, but less so than Benzodiazepines. Also, Z-Drugs are almost all short-acting by their very nature so are well-suited for your type of situation. I still would consider more hollistic alternatives first. Melatonin. Valerian. Chamomille Tea. If those fail, perhaps try some sedating antihistamines a la Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) or Doxylamine (Unisom).

If none of this works, then sure, you can try reaching for the stronger shit. I'm a major opponent of Alcohol in all of its forms, but I believe social drinking by definition to be both acceptable and beneficial to the well-being of humankind, so if you're not liable to misuse Alcohol, perhaps down a Sherry to help you get back to sleep. Our bodies are able to filter out A LOT of bullshit that we throw at them collectively. It's only when we become relentless in our onslaught that our bodies beging to faulter. A couple of drinks isn't bad, your body can fix it. Constant Alcohol without a break is not gonna be healthy for anyone with a normal biological situation.
Yep, if it were me I'd deffo go for melatonin, like u say Z drugs aren't as addictive as benzos but the potential for addiction is deffo a very real possibility. Everyone is different, I was able to take zopiclone almost every night for mths & had no trouble stopping em. But that doesn't mean the lad looking for something to help sleep would be able to do the same. Melatonin, if he can find it for sale, would 100% be the more sensible choice

Just to clarify, I'm in the UK, hence saying if the lad can find melatonin for sale. We used to be able to buy it here but it got taken off the market for some reason or another.....

Just to clarify, I'm in the UK, hence saying if the lad can find melatonin for sale. We used to be able to buy it here but it got taken off the market for some reason or another.....
They changed it to prescription only here in the UK. But 5-Hydroxytryptophan (5HTP) and L-Tryptophan are completely obtainable. Just take one of those instead. Tryptophan is the precursor for Serotonin, which is the precursor for Melatonin anyway.

Zolpidem/Stillnox (or ambien to my American cousins) IS addictive
Guess it depends who you ask ,my stepmom has taken stillnox every night for 20 years and I was kinda shocked when she told me . My dr sez that this is fine and he reackons its not addictive . Taken a fair amount , and me personally find don’t get any withdrawal or rebound insomnia when I stop

Guess it depends who you ask ,my stepmom has taken stillnox every night for 20 years and I was kinda shocked when she told me . My dr sez that this is fine and he reackons its not addictive . Taken a fair amount , and me personally find don’t get any withdrawal or rebound insomnia when I stop
Yeah everyone is different. I took zopiclone every night for months & was able to stop no prob.... well apart frm not being able to sleep but I put that down to a bad patch I was going thru in my life at the time as I had no other symptoms like shaking, depersonalisation etc. But technically they are considered addictive