• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzo Habit

opiatekrzy

Bluelighter
So i previously posted on here i have a benzo problem by going doctor to doctor, and i felt it was out of control, and scared going to pharmacies. well i think everything happens for a reason. my suboxone doctor gives me klonopin .5 x3 a day, long term, but then i went ti my primary a month ago claiming "i need to get off of alcohol, but cant do rehab cuz i work and have responsiblities, knowing they would give me valium, which happened, making my habit worse, and guilt. I've decided after i go to rehab for 30days (mandated) im getting off of the klonopin long term from my sub doctor for this reason:

i went to my primary doctor toda for a checkup visit on a deep cut in my hand and the "alcohol withdrawl stunt i pulled", i told them i stopped drinking, and that i wasnt aware valium was a benzo like xanax cuz i was on 4mg a day, until i came to ur office and one of the doctors weaned me off in 1 month and said go to a shrink, and too fast of a taper, and i said thats why i drank to stop the benzo side effects. this new doctor i have in the same building was real nice, she explained it isnt good to be on benzos long term espcially 4mg a day as it is a high dose, and she usually only does high doses for terminal people. we had a nice talk about addiction and such and my PTSD and stuff, i told her im too SSRI sensitive and i get too depressed on it, so we settled on Cymbalta, and i told her im scared to take it cuz i get literally 1000x depressed on SSRI and SNRI's and i told her truthfully my knowledge about half life, and SSRI's, and that im not trying to doctor shop. so she said that shes willing to have me try Cymbatla (i really have bad anxiety) i WILL give it a try for my sake, and she is going to also give me Xanax 0.25(yeah i know, atleast its a start and im grateful) while im taking it incase a panic attack occurs, i said i dont think .25 is enough, and she str8 up told me stop thinking what u need is 1mg as ur soo used to it, when i have a panic attack try .25...so she only gave me 45 of the, and said i expect it to last atleast a month, if it doesnt help well talk more. so there, im going to rehab, gtting off the nasty klonopin abuse habit, and giving Cymbalta a try and REALLY taking the xanax when i need it, but im gonna take .05 or 1mg when a panic attack occurs, im sorry but she isnt aware of my tolerance, so play it out, everything happens for a reason i suppose...thank god i swtiched primary doctors there, my other one was such a dick, i came to him cu zi was on xanax 1mg 4x a day, and needed a doctor to continue my script as i moved to NY, he threw me xanax 1mg 3x a day *month supply*, then the next month he gives me a 2wk supply of .5 2x a day! TOO FAST OF A TAPER! he told me go to a shrink, i did, got denied, well i got a 2wk supply of klonopin, it was ridoclous it got to the point where this bogus shrink kept saying how bout "zoloft, paxil, prozac, wellbutrin" i said no success, he said WHAT DO U WANT ME TO DO? i said I WOULD LIKE TO BE WHAT I WAS ON, so he quickly said KPIN .5 3x, two week supply only, GOODBYE, yet he writes me amphetamines up the ass, talk about a hypocrite, and he put down me being on suboxone, im giving in to making doctors $$$ and keeping patients addicted, come to find out today he is a sub doc on the side , WOW! sorry im bouncing around typing, its the adderall im on now , lol. point is i bettered myself, D/C the kpin, gonna try cymbalta and the backup xanax my primary gives me.