• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Benzedrex (Propylhexedrine) Adderall Replacement/Study Aid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scumbag69

Greenlighter
I'm prescribed Adderall, 20mg a day twice a day. On my last visit to the doc's I dropped dirty for coke (yes I'm aware I'm a dumbass) and thus she would not fill the script. I'll be getting it back next month but I've got exams in between now and then and I can't afford to wait, thus leading to my question: is Benzedrex a decent replacement in the mean time? I've read some people inhale it while others cut up the cotton and parachute it. Let me know your thoughts and if you have any other suggestions for a replacement.

The 'drex is a dirty ass high IMO. Not gonna be nearly as smooth as addy.

I've read that if you do a proper extraction of it, things can go much better (some even going so far as to refine it down to a crystal form) but usually in my impatience I just eat the cotton.

It kinda can 'get your kicks out' so to speak but it's very short lived and always made me feel weird af with a buzz that comes and goes the whole time...it's definitely 'something' though and never has been a total waste of time.

Ew. But that taste and that body load is 'something' all on its own.

Only 1 way to know.

I'd do a simple extraction using citric acid (which can be easily bought as monohydrate powder) and water. No need to eat the cotton.

I'd then divide the dose into 8, and take 1/8th at a time, washed down with a little full-fat milk to mask the taste.

This will generally avoid the unpleasant side effects but give you enough umph to get your study done.

If you can't be bothered with that, pop into a supplement store and buy a pre-workout powder. They may be legal, but they're usually highly stimulating.

Sniffing the nasal inhaler, without tampering, seems sufficient to generate the needed focus for me to get some good work done. About 50 hits would be theoretically roughly equal with the therapeutic dose sometimes RXed for things like weight loss, and seems to be effective as a stimulant. Nothing recreational mind you, but I've also never noticed the "dirty" side effects many note after oral consumption. It can't be great for your nose, as it's a pretty powerful vasoconstriction (hence it's function as a decongestant), and it's not ideal for the heart either, but it's serviceable.

Dissolve 2g of citric acid in 20ml of water and mix it well until dissolved.

Pull the cotton out of the inhaler. Chop up the cotton into lots of easy to mash pieces and dump them in the water.

Mash and squish the cotton around in the water for a good minute or two until the water looks milky/cloudy (that's your nicely extracted propylhexadrine).

Now every 2.5ml of liquid is 1/8th of the dose of propylhexedrine. You could add it to a little soda drink to help mask the taste.

I would then personally leave the cotton in the extraction and cover with a double layer (it smells) of cling film and leave in the fridge.

Every time you need another dose, re-squish and agitate the cotton, then draw up another 2.5ml.

On your last dose, take the 2.5ml but also rinse the cotton pieces through a typical soda drink (eg 7UP) to get out anything that's left.

If you take a swig of full-fat milk after every dose, it should almost completely eliminate the taste and prevent any stomach troubles or burping of the menthol/lavender oil.

alright dope I'll see if they'll let me do it in chem lab real quick like on monday, they should have the proper equipment

Propylhexedrine is really easy, quick and fun to extract from those inhalers (simply inhaling never worked for me) and make into HCl salt (there is a recipe somewhere online) - you'd get nice looking crystals that smells like amphetamine and reminds you of it's action but its neither good for recreation, nor its good for studying - just something you'd take reminiscing on pure D-Amp or Meth. And as others mentioned, it has a full bag of heavy side effects, especially with high dosages (btw the tolerance build up very quickly with it) - vasoconstriction, headaches, chest pains, muscle spasms, irritability, depression.

If looking for something to aid studying, Methylphenidate or Isopropylphenidate are good for it.
Personally always liked Noopept, Phenylpiracetam and Yerba Mate tea for studying - least amounts of side effects and high productivity.

I've wondered if folks who've tried both at psychoactive dosages would say they prefer l-meth (vicks) or p-hex (benzedrex)?
And perhaps a comparative review between the two.
Preferably someone with experience with commonly used stims..

-PA

OP, benzedrex is side effect city. CFC hinted at a workable option. You can find out more in the search engine.

Personally, I’d develop a temporary X hour energy or coffee/safe caffeine habit. Look at this as a nice health break.

There are enough suggestions in here. Be safe.
Utfse.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.