View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Benadryl (diphenhydramine), "trip."

poppinstuff00

Greenlighter
I've been using Bennies for about two months. I take anywhere from 12-24 25 mg pills once or twice a week. I was wondering if anyone else has the same effects as me. I experience EXTREME difficulty remembering anything whether it's what someone had just told me, or a thought I had 30 seconds ago. For example, my step-brother will ask me a question and I think of the answer. By the time I am about to speak, I forget what I'm going to say. Anyone else?

Last edited:
Yea this is typical when abusing benadryl. Using anticholinergics to trip is not great for your body or brain, especially when using them regularly. I had a similar habbit about 7 years ago and it took about a year for the cognitive impairment to go away. I also still have vision problems that I attribute to my benadryl/dramamine abuse as I would always get very blurry vision during the trips. If you really want an over the counter trip I would suggest dxm. Its much easier on your body not to mention its way more enjoyable, just make sure you use a product that only contains dxm.

Wow. You are the first two people I've heard of using anti-cholinergic deliriants this often.

ebola

Is the long-term cognitive impairment not a deterrent for you? What are you getting out of abusing Diphenhydramine like that?

Wow. You are the first two people I've heard of using anti-cholinergic deliriants this often.

ebola

They can be surprisingly euphoric for some, but for every one good trip I had there were about five bad ones. That being said the only reason I used them so much was because I was a 14 year old 9th grader that was temporarily put on homebound school for severe depression. It was something to pass the time during the days

Drug tests and parents caught me with DXM. The brain damage is a deterrant, but being suspended for a year at home is boring.

yooo wi thought i was the only one to trip on benadryl hahah
yeah i suffered the same thing, when i was 11-12 years old me and my friends would do that like every day we couldnt get money for real shit.
my memory sucked, i was always tired, and i was dehydrated like a mofo.

i did it before school once, like 40 of them...i couldnt talk or even barely walk lmao.
i would have conversations with people who werent even there. Someone would talk to me, itd take me 5 minutes to think of what to say, and by time that happened id forget where i even was hahaha.

Bad fucking times, would never do benadryl again..not even for allergies. i have a bad reaction to even taking 1 or 2. idk if thats because of abusing them or if its just me.

I don't really see how people find Benadryl recreational but I'm going to move this to PD I'm pretty sure they have a thread on it.

BDD --> PD

I've never heard of anyone abusing diphen/dimen this much.
I've heard of people trying it and having a decent time on lower doses, but sometimes getting too fucked and not enjoying the delirium at all.
If I wanna lose my mind for a bit I'll just rail a bunch of k

What dose of diphenhydramine do you take? I'm 140 pounds, and I've taken 700mg alone and just seen a lot of spiders and heard whispering, and felt like I was teleporting... And when I mix 300mg of DPH with DXM, it feels amazing.