View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Basic Aya brew help

ros1816

Bluelighter
Ive brewed some 30grams of mimosa hostilis in circa 600ml with water with 10 table spoons of lemon juice. I only brewed it once and have discarded the root bark matter now. What is left is 300ml of liquid which seems like it will be too much to drink.

Im going to be taking a pharmaceutical maoi (moclobemide).

What do you guys reckon?

You could try passive evaporation but that might take a bit long with water as your solvent. A light heat shouldnt destroy the target compounds as you heat the brew when your making it. As far as how I am suppose to answer the last bit... what is the question? Is it how to reduce the liquid which seems like too much or if the MAOI is going to work?

Also have you looked into the diet restrictions and dangers associated with this strong drug? Just wanna make sure you cover everything before taking something so powerful and potentially dangerous (though this can be minimized/eliminated with education)

Mmmh... I reckon you probably have some more homework to do before you proceed to the ingestion phase.
First of all, 30g of mimosa at once is more than too much, assuming it is correctly brewed. 5g is generally considered a fair starter dose.
Which in turn solves your "too much liquid" problem.
If it´s not correctly brewed, you might end up drinking the whole 300ml, but whatever you do, mark my words: ayahuasca is a powerful thing, not to be at all underestimated. If you are not patient and respectful enough, then patience and respect will be forced upon you...
Take your time to get gently acquainted with your brew, every one is different...

its all ok. i did take it and was/is fine! i dont need anymore help! i will give more feedback tomo

Do u have to use mhrb? Its hard for me to get, and wiki list the ingredients as Banisteriopsis caapi vine are macerated and boiled alone or with leaves from any of a number of other plants, including Psychotria viridis. Which are all available from the big rainforest named site.? I see just about everyone using mhrb for dnt instead capi vine. And if so will dried capi and viridis written as good as fresh? Many thanks
Nugz

Just to clear things up for you: caapi vine or syrian rue seeds can be used as an MAOI to make DMT active orally. The most commonly used plants that contain the DMT are mimosa hostilis RB, acacia confusa RB, psychotria viridis (chacruna) leaves.

Don't worry about fresh or dry, it's roughly equipotent. Anyways, it's much harder to find fresh material unless you live near the plant's ecosystem.

There are some good sites out there dedicated to ayahuasca and DMT information, lots to learn before you brew, first thing being that ingesting an MAOI can be very dangerous if you don't respect the dietary/medical restrictions.

Hey ros, how did it go? You barely finished typing that last post, did your brew hit you in the middle of that last word?

Personally I'd have split the water and done two cooks but you probably have most. Be aware moclobemide is very different to harmine which is psychedelic it's self and has spirit in this context as well as central; Aya brews vary an awful lot with tobacco, datura and many other additives but the betacarbolines are the only unwavering item sometimes being the only component although DMT is usually there and what most are interested in.

hi the brew worked fine. my friend was talking to me whilst making it and i accidentally poured away the brew containing the lemon juice when i should have been sieving it!
So I did another brew with 30grams Mimosa Hostilis but i forget to put in any lemon juice so there was no acid to help with the extraction. So it might not have been that strong ...
I used a tek that reccomended putting egg whites in with the brew to remove more of the tannins (you then sieve the egg whites out when they harden). This meant I didn't purge!
So I took the moclobemide (pharmaceutical maoi) then 30 mins later began drinking about 250mls of Mimosa brew. I took it down in 5 sips over a 10 min period. Within 20 mins of the first sip it came on.
I had a few moments of fear as I thought to myself oh shit i shouldnt have done this on my own without a shaman / i might go mad / die but this passed quickly with positive self-talk. I get minimal visuals from psychedelics but the colours in the room changed a fair bit and there were some vague closed eye visuals. I get really cold. Was lying on the floor listening to icaro songs then when that got a bit annoying psychill. I felt very reflective and generally enjoyed tripping. After 105 mins i thought the trip had gone away, went downstairs spoke to a friend and had a cigarette then the trip came back strongly [ive never had psychedelics appear to die away and then come back strong - although i know this is a common experience for lots of people. i wonder if there was any interaction between the nicotine and the ayahuasca?] so i went upstairs and lay down again. I spent a lot of time during the trip overanalysing the way I had behaved in the past and in the present and thinking how can I be the best possible person [i think this was a positive and helpful process]
When the trip had died away I was really wired and couldnt sleep til about 7 hours after first ingesting the dmt (I had 50mg valium to sleep).
I tripped reasonably hard but probably not as much as when i had 420mg of 4aco plus the pharmaceutical maoi - but also it was a different trip.

That probably sounds like a very boring trip report (no entity contact or crazy geometry! - but this is something i dont feel will ever happen to me and i have accepted that a long time ago)
I have been feeling very positive in the days after and i feel that the main benefit of ayahuasca (and psychedelics for me in general) is on an unconscious level.

I will try it again with 50grams of mimosa and the addition of lemon juice in a few weeks (I know that sounds like a lot but I have a high natural tolerance to psychedelics). After that my intention is to try it with b.caapi vine to have a proper ayahuasca experience

@Sir Ron Pib - what are betacarbolines? [someting in the syrian rue or b.caapi?]

To the person asking where to obtain mimosa hostilis bark - just google 'buy mimosa hostilis'! its illegal in France but not illegal to posess in USA or UK until you start extracting

To the person asking where to obtain mimosa hostilis bark - just google 'buy mimosa hostilis'! its illegal in France but not illegal to posess in USA or UK until you start extracting

Yeah that is if you wanna get ripped off I dont think there are many domestic vendors in the US in a post 2012 world. But no further source discussion other then that vague well known fact that Google has a shopping tab.

"I tripped reasonably hard but probably not as much as when i had 420mg of 4aco plus the pharmaceutical maoi - but also it was a different trip."

You took 420mg of 4-aco-dmt??
That's nuts!!

So can I use chagroponga leaves for dmt instead of mhrb bark. And I guess capi is a maoi inhibiter and not a dmt source. I'm going on the Wikipedia recipie. It doesn't list mhrb as a necessary ingredient.

@Bigazznugz

Apparently a highly 'authentic' mix is chaliponga + chacruna/ psychotria viridis + b caapi

[b caapi as the maoi or you could use syrian rue as the maoi (even tho its actually a rima apparently]

or you could do an 'authentic' pharmuasca = moclobemide (for the maoi) + oral dmt powder

just do whatever to make it work mildly and not overcomplicate the whole thing. then see if you want to get more 'authentic' maybe