Bailed from my first attempt at rehab..

terraincognita

Greenlighter
I entered a 28 day residential treament facitily, and atfer 7 days...i bailed. The pressure....facing my demons from my past...my addiction...facing the long road to recovery ahead of me..it was all to much. i sit at home now, and im starting the process of enting again...i know i fucked up..i thought i could suck it up and just live out life as a sober addict..sucking it up and facing my resposibilties..now im high on oxy...how did this happen..

Whats your plan now?

Slipping up isn't the end of the world. Rather then beating yourself up for it a better use of your time would be focusing on what's next.

Good luck.

Yeah man, don't worry about it, you made it seven days which is pretty damn good in my book. It was your first attempt so that's not bad at all, you did better than I did. A year ago I booked myself into a 7 day detox program and bailed the day I was supposed to go in and went and got high instead... It's a year later for me and I'm just now starting to get clean again after countless failed attempts. If you were able to make it seven days that tells me that you really do WANT to quit, so just dust yourself off and give it another go. Do you have any kind of support base that you could just kick at home with? That was what scared me away from detox, I didn't want to be away from my girlfriend for a week while in withdraw and I felt like I had a better chance there.

thanks guys. yeah it was a struggle, but i couldnt shake the thought that i was merely waiting out the clock on the 28 days..i wasnt any better than when i came..now im back on percocet.-_- it was like i couldve stayed the whole 28 days..and got out..and beeen nothing but a sober addict.. or maybe this is just justifying my leaving and using. the military (tricare) wasnt paying for my treatment we just found out...theres a technicality about the difference between in-patietreatment and residential treatment. so come monday where going in and getting a list of locations that are tricare approved, and im gonna give detox another chance.