View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Bad trip stories

watermellon

Bluelighter
I'll start out. This was about 2 years ago in the depths of my heroin addiction and looking back at it idk wtf I was thinking but anyways here goes. It was my 6th or 7th time tripping on shrooms, some of the best shrooms I've ever had and im glad I had some saved for when I was in a better state of mind.

Its January of 2012 I get off work at 7pm head over to my buds house to pick up a half. I eat 8th as soon as I get them and head to my other buddies house 5 min away who's my dope coppin buddy and experienced tripper. I wasn't in wd's yet but in a few hrs I knew I would be so wanted to cop before I started tripping. Well to our luck dboy isn't picking up.....fucking great. so about hr goes by and he finally calls us back,,,im fucking tripping pretty hard at this point not really wanting to make the drive across the city into the hood at dark but I knew id be in hell later if I didn't. Oh and I forgot to mention my boy doesn't have a license so its me behind the wheel.

I'm tripping so hard he has to tell me every turn to make (a drive I did 100s of times) and as we get closer I keep getting the feeling of impending doom. Im silent at this point not really saying much just trapped in my head of bad thoughts. We finally make it to the spot, I hand my boy the money to meet his dude which usually only takes 5 min tops but this time it takes a half hr. Its dark outside, im parked in a sketch part of town wit out of states plates on thinking for sure im fucked if the popo rolls by, luckly they didn't. But everyone that walks by is looking shady as fuck like they wanna shiv me. (in my state of mind at least) At this point I was so lost in my own mind I didn't even notice my bud knocking on the window to unlock the door. he said it was a good 2-3min before he got my attention. I let him in and he cooked up a shot real fast for me and let me tell you that was the biggest relief ever when that shot canceled out most of the shrooms effects and I was able to regain composure.

To this day its the only bad trip I've had and I really don't know wtf I was thinking to trip in the bowels of addiction and thinking it would turn out good. Live and learn

I went to camp at a festival. it was a private party. I ate some mushrooms and the portopotty was a bizzare mouth with teeth. etc. I played that night too so i was stressed out.

I can see how that would be uncomfortable. I'm an anxious person in general so tripping around a bunch of ppl doesn't sit well with me. I'd probably drop a hit of L at a festival but not mush, that's just too much of a mental trip for me to handle in public. I stick to molly and k most of the time a events, even smoking a bunch of bud sometimes will make me anxious at festivals

Wow. I see what you did th...nm.

OP, idk how you drove on shrooms. I've done stupid crap like that where I'll drive while I'm on something, but I'll only do it if I know I safely can. I know there are people that will say stuff like, "It's never safe. It's stupid no matter what the reason is or how good you drive on it." Which is actually true, but yeah, on shrooms or lsd that's pushing it even for me. I wouldn't on those subs.

And of course, nobody should recommend it on anything, even if it's been done by that said person. So here's the obligatory, "Don't drive under the influence, ever."

You basically being in the ghetto is what made you trip out. Especially in their hood, there's always people out walking/biking at all times of day/night. I'm sure you're aware of that though, which means I'm not sure why you did it. Unless this is suppose to be a bad trip thread (lol parappa...), then of course something has to go wrong, I guess. I'll start here then.

I took 3 blotters of lsd a few years back. I thought my tolerance was high enough at the time, it had been less than week since I last did it so I wasn't expecting much except a Fryday. I was at a friend's place, and there were just a few of us there. I was in his backyard, and stayed out there even though the others went in because I wanted another cig (I'm a pack-a-day smoker). Well, my friend has statues in his backyard, and they look like a lion except kind of devilish, but he said it's suppose to ward off bad spirits and it's meant for good luck. It's just superstition, but I found it ironic something evil looking is suppose to ward off evil. Anyway, he has these two set between a sitting area, and while having a cig there I see them lunge at me, but of course I realize it's just the acid doing that. Then they go back to sitting there, and this is where the bad trip starts. No matter where I look or even if I close my eyes, I see them lunging at me from both sides but when I open my eyes or turn to see them, they go back to sitting there again. Naturally, I go inside because I couldn't take it anymore but the same thing will repeat itself even if I'm around my friends or close my eyes. They'll just jump out, especially when I don't expect it and it lasts for a few seconds, but it kept happening for what seemed like too damn long of a time. Probably for about 15-20 minutes, continuously though so it felt like forever. So I sit and just kind of lay down, with people asking what happened and if I'm okay, but that makes me trip harder because it was hard to voice out what was happening, so I just don't say anything and now some of my other friends start to bad trip a little. Finally, someone decides for us to all go outside, and now with other people with me and I didn't want to be alone in there (plus I didn't tell them what was making me bad trip), I decide it's fine and so we all have some bowls outside. I told one of them what happened because I started to feel better and talk more, then he told my friend who owns the place and he proceeds to stand next to the lions and slap one of them in the face without really looking at them. I know it's lame, but it made me laugh and I felt better, though I was still anxious about the whole thing and kept it to myself. Whatever little euphoria and body high I had in the beginning turned into some shivers and an uneasiness throughout the whole night. But the bad trip was over.

I also was pretty stressed out over some debts I had at the time. I've been stressed out before and didn't bad trip, but I'm certain that it's still not a good idea and it definitely contributed to it. I wasn't my usual, optimistic self at the time which is rare, but it happens. For me, lsd is mostly neutral and occasionally dark or euphoric, but it helped me handle what could have been bad trips later in the future. Candyflips are another story though, they've always been good and positive even if I have mdma tolerance at the time. Plus it dulls out the negative hallucinations really well, so it dampens the harsher parts of lsd.

I remember bad tripping several other times on lsd and shrooms once, but they were like over a decade ago and I don't remember them too well. I've gotten tinnitus on the come up of my 1st shroom trip which freaked me out, but it went away right when the peak started. But damn, that ringing went from low to high to deafening, I was afraid I might lose my hearing.

I wouldn't ever drive on hardcore psychedelics while tripping hard, I'd probably drive off a cliff without even knowing, heh. And I'm a car enthusiast, so I'm not an amateur at it or anything. Psychedelics just really mess up your sight, timing and awareness even if you're not doing anything.

Is this a halloween campfire thing?

Rofl. I thought similar like it's "story time!" from elementary school. I have some funnier stories with other people, like when they bad trip and they kind of lose it. I'll save those once someone else chimes in. I'm sad to say it (not really), but my friends and I all get a kick out of someone going absolute bonkers while tripping. It's pretty funny.

Wow. I see what you did th...nm.

OP, idk how you drove on shrooms. I've done stupid crap like that where I'll drive while I'm on something, but I'll only do it if I know I safely can. I know there are people that will say stuff like, "It's never safe. It's stupid no matter what the reason is or how good you drive on it." Which is actually true, but yeah, on shrooms or lsd that's pushing it even for me. I wouldn't on those subs.

And of course, nobody should recommend it on anything, even if it's been done by that said person. So here's the obligatory, "Don't drive under the influence, ever."

You basically being in the ghetto is what made you trip out. Especially in their hood, there's always people out walking/biking at all times of day/night. I'm sure you're aware of that though, which means I'm not sure why you did it. Unless this is suppose to be a bad trip thread (lol parappa...), then of course something has to go wrong, I guess. I'll start here then.

I took 3 blotters of lsd a few years back. I thought my tolerance was high enough at the time, it had been less than week since I last did it so I wasn't expecting much except a Fryday. I was at a friend's place, and there were just a few of us there. I was in his backyard, and stayed out there even though the others went in because I wanted another cig (I'm a pack-a-day smoker). Well, my friend has statues in his backyard, and they look like a lion except kind of devilish, but he said it's suppose to ward off bad spirits and it's meant for good luck. It's just superstition, but I found it ironic something evil looking is suppose to ward off evil. Anyway, he has these two set between a sitting area, and while having a cig there I see them lunge at me, but of course I realize it's just the acid doing that. Then they go back to sitting there, and this is where the bad trip starts. No matter where I look or even if I close my eyes, I see them lunging at me from both sides but when I open my eyes or turn to see them, they go back to sitting there again. Naturally, I go inside because I couldn't take it anymore but the same thing will repeat itself even if I'm around my friends or close my eyes. They'll just jump out, especially when I don't expect it and it lasts for a few seconds, but it kept happening for what seemed like too damn long of a time. Probably for about 15-20 minutes, continuously though so it felt like forever. So I sit and just kind of lay down, with people asking what happened and if I'm okay, but that makes me trip harder because it was hard to voice out what was happening, so I just don't say anything and now some of my other friends start to bad trip a little. Finally, someone decides for us to all go outside, and now with other people with me and I didn't want to be alone in there (plus I didn't tell them what was making me bad trip), I decide it's fine and so we all have some bowls outside. I told one of them what happened because I started to feel better and talk more, then he told my friend who owns the place and he proceeds to stand next to the lions and slap one of them in the face without really looking at them. I know it's lame, but it made me laugh and I felt better, though I was still anxious about the whole thing and kept it to myself. Whatever little euphoria and body high I had in the beginning turned into some shivers and an uneasiness throughout the whole night. But the bad trip was over.

I also was pretty stressed out over some debts I had at the time. I've been stressed out before and didn't bad trip, but I'm certain that it's still not a good idea and it definitely contributed to it. I wasn't my usual, optimistic self at the time which is rare, but it happens. For me, lsd is mostly neutral and occasionally dark or euphoric, but it helped me handle what could have been bad trips later in the future. Candyflips are another story though, they've always been good and positive even if I have mdma tolerance at the time. Plus it dulls out the negative hallucinations really well, so it dampens the harsher parts of lsd.

I remember bad tripping several other times on lsd and shrooms once, but they were like over a decade ago and I don't remember them too well. I've gotten tinnitus on the come up of my 1st shroom trip which freaked me out, but it went away right when the peak started. But damn, that ringing went from low to high to deafening, I was afraid I might lose my hearing.

I wouldn't ever drive on hardcore psychedelics while tripping hard, I'd probably drive off a cliff without even knowing, heh. And I'm a car enthusiast, so I'm not an amateur at it or anything. Psychedelics just really mess up your sight, timing and awareness even if you're not doing anything.
Pretty funny story man esp the dude slapping the lion after you tell him they were coming at you. I can just picture that in my head.

I know it was a dumb move to drive on mush but these boomers were more of a mental mindfuck than a visual trip. you do some dumb stuff while strung out. They were called penis envy if anyone has heard of em? I don't know too much about boomers but these were fucking POTENT. 1g had my bud tripping pretty good when I had an 8th in me lol. my bud gives me shit about everytime we go to that block lol

I have another story about having to ratchet strap a friend to a tree 10 hits deep in what he thought was cid but turned out to be a Nbome but thats for a different day

My friend saw his brain fall on the floor after taking acid and he had to pick up all the peices or he knew he would be insane. He couldn't find the last peice and ran off screaming down the street naked save for one sock and that was the last time we saw him. Fortunately someone had written on his back in marker pen "This man has taken sunshine acid at 9pm - please call 665-8789 if you find him asleep on your trampoline" and a neighbour called.

Haha, okayyy, since I had a decent night and there are a few more stories here, I'll chip in another story.

This was I think in 2007. I wasn't there for most of it, but in my group of friends we know other groups. This happened to some dude I knew in one of those groups. It was evening time, but I met up my homies in a parking lot to see how they were doing, because that day was shroom trip day. I missed it, I forgot exactly why but I'm glad I did. We all parked our cars next to each other, so I get out of mine and my homie is trying not to laugh as he makes his way towards me and points to my car. We get in, start packing the piece and while we hot box my car, he tells me about R who had taken shrooms and went ballistic. It was his first time, and he was with 3 other people, including the guy I was smoking with. So, he tells me about how R took about 2 g's of shrooms and had an okay time at first. They were at a park and went sight seeing on a trail, but when they went to smoke some herb back in the car, R started complaining that he was seeing worms everywhere and on himself. He scratches himself to try to get them off, and despite my friends trying to calm him down, R doesn't listen and starts screaming that he wants the trip to stop. So later at some point, they get back to the parking lot that we're at, R strips naked and pours orange juice all over himself, barely covering himself there with a bubbler case and talking crazy and screaming. By this point, my friend and I are one car away and howling with laughter, and after a few bowls I wanted to check out The Situation. I step out and walk to the car, and my homie at the wheel peeks out at me and says, "Yo, check out R man. He needs some help." Our home girl on the passenger side is facing the back seat, talking to him and trying to calm him down.

Hesitantly, I open the back door and sure enough, there's R butt naked barely covering himself with the bubbler bag (which I never took a hit out of again), blabbering away while using his arms to cover himself. All I said was, "Whoa" and then closed the door. So my homie that I smoked with shows me the other side of the car, and in R's vomit we could see little shroom pieces in there, so we get a good laugh in about how those little mushrooms made R totally lose it. I've chilled with him before and he seemed rather normal, down to earth but too obsessed with weed. Some time later, a cop car pulls over a car with his siren on and goes into the plaza we're at, and we hear R screaming that they were after him and he starts crying. My homie and I just chill in my car, laughing about random shit and smoke bowls while R gets taken back to his car to go home a couple hours later.

This was the guy I knew who got fucked over on shrooms, and couldn't concentrate on anything for a while. I know it's not that funny to laugh at someone else's plight, but I knew that guy and when you're in the moment most people are gonna react like that. I was kinda young back then too. But we all still get a kick out of the whole strip and orange juice self douse while muttering nonsense, and covering himself with a damn bubbler case. When I saw him, he literally had pulp on his face and hair and it was one of the funniest spectacles I've ever seen in my drug escapades.

It's a classic example of why you should never fight back the trip and just ride it out. I can't imagine what that guy was going through or seeing in his mind. Must've been some crazy shit, lol.