Mental Health Bad psychiatrist experiences

I completely agree with you for the most part.
Although I do think some meds have value (i.e. - opioids, cannabis, psyches, dissos, benzos, etc..)
Thankfully I have enough pharmacology knowledge that I research anything I'm given & how it works and what it might do to me.
But I flat out refuse any "psyche" meds at this point.
benzos I strongly disagree with, killed a friend, enslaved another, only as an anticonvulsant, and opiates only for fucking painful conditions. You don't want to grow old with a tolerance to opiates.

Cannabis and psychotropes I can agree with, although I did say many.

benzos I strongly disagree with, killed a friend, enslaved another, only as an anticonvulsant, and opiates only for fucking painful conditions. You don't want to grow old with a tolerance to opiates.

Cannabis and psychotropes I can agree with, although I did say many.
Everyone is different and entitled their own I guess.

Opioids give me the best depression relief (which often manifests in the form of widespread body aching).
I use to be able to work my ass off, exercise, be responsible and sleep well on opioids (partial agonists not so much).

I felt more "normal" on opioids, than I ever have sober.

Daily opioid use also eliminates any desire in me to drink alcohol (which killed my sister).

I actually feel like I'm condemned to a life of pain because I do not have the legal ability to take clean diacetylmorphine, etc..

Everyone is different and entitled their own I guess.

Opioids give me the best depression relief (which often manifests in the form of widespread body aching).
I use to be able to work my ass off, exercise, be responsible and sleep well on opioids (partial agonists not so much).

I felt more "normal" on opioids, than I ever have sober.

Daily opioid use also eliminates any desire in me to drink alcohol (which killed my sister).

I actually feel like I'm condemned to a life of pain because I do not have the legal ability to take clean diacetylmorphine, etc..
I'm just saying: Becoming older might(tendency to will) be very painful, if you already have a tolerance to opiates.
Because of acute tolerance you can never get that opioid naivité back.
Better to use other/more natural forms of endorphin release, and leave the opioid receptors flowing natural.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm glad it helps you. I'm just in contact with it a lot from the medical side, and I will never be able to shake that from my own point of view.
People who fucked up their tolerance, that's day-to-day for me,now they're 60-70 and in constant fucking pain even with opiates,
because something happened, they broke their hip or whatever. It's fucking gruesome to watch,
three days ago sat at the bed of a woman who was strongly fucking medicated and still kept screaming and screaming.

Jesus fucking Christ, not going to lose that image fast.
Messing with your pain tolerance in that regard is very dangerous.

I'm just saying: Becoming older might(tendency to will) be very painful, if you already have a tolerance to opiates.
Because of acute tolerance you can never get that opioid naivité back.
Better to use other/more natural forms of endorphin release, and leave the opioid receptors flowing natural.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm glad it helps you. I'm just in contact with it a lot from the medical side, and I will never be able to shake that from my own point of view.
People who fucked up their tolerance, that's day-to-day for me,now they're 60-70 and in constant fucking pain even with opiates,
because something happened, they broke their hip or whatever. It's fucking gruesome to watch,
three days ago sat at the bed of a woman who was strongly fucking medicated and still kept screaming and screaming.

Jesus fucking Christ, not going to lose that image fast.
Messing with your pain tolerance in that regard is very dangerous.
Understandable.

I currently only have a tolerance to buprenorphine. Which lacks a lot of the real opioid qualities that helped my depression. But I suppose it's better than nothing.

For physical pain, I can definitely see how that'd be a problem. I use to notice that even with a tolerance, just taking a dose that made me feel "normal" was great for my mental health.
But for severe pain, an ever gaining tolerance is not good.

It takes a lot of discipline to be able to use opioids for mental health. And it's not for everybody. I wouldn't recommend a non-addict use heroin for depression, for example.
Although in the end, I think long term opioid use (for mental health) is probably easier on the body than say, taking venlafaxine or lithium or seroquel.

I some times wonder if there is some sort of dysregulation going on with people's opioid receptor systems who have major depression. Just a theory though.

I've straight up told doctors that if I had the ability to use diacetylmorphine & cannabis legally, I wouldn't need to be on benzos, AD's & 50 other meds.

Last edited:
I some times wonder if there is some sort of dysregulation going on with people's opioid receptor systems who have major depression. Just a theory though.
Well there's many different types of depression with many different chemical and/or circumstantial origins.

Oftentimes it is just linked to dopamine. Low dopamine levels equal depression,
at least that's what Parkinson has taught us, to a degree.

Other times it's the thyroid activity altogether. Low thyroid activity may result in severe depression

I had a case at work where the root of evil was fucking Lithium.
Suffered for a decade under major depression, and it was just the Lithium-level in his blood.
Felt much better in like a month? Doy!

Well there's many different types of depression with many different chemical and/or circumstantial origins.

Oftentimes it is just linked to dopamine. Low dopamine levels equal depression,
at least that's what Parkinson has taught us, to a degree.

Other times it's the thyroid activity altogether. Low thyroid activity may result in severe depression

I had a case at work where the root of evil was fucking Lithium.
Suffered for a decade under major depression, and it was just the Lithium-level in his blood.
Felt much better in like a month? Doy!
Wow!

My doc's been trying to put me on lithium for depression! lol

Wow!

My doc's been trying to put me on lithium for depression! lol
Gotta check your Lithium levels first.
I hope they did that, otherwise it's a shit doctor.

Also the patient wasn't put on Lithium, my organization is drug free,
the psychiatrists just aren't, and we don't disallow our patients to have a psychiatrist or any other form of doctor.

Just lots of fish, potatoes, chocolate, vegetables, food with lots of Lithium in it.
Combined that with sports, felt like a champion in a month. Purely chemical issue, in his case.

Fucking hate them but i'm in a good place now so I don't have to see them anymore. Maybe get blood tests once every 6 months to see if the meds i'm taking are affecting my liver or other parts of my body

Thank you Alpha. "Life is easily accessible but a good life is hard-won". Yes.

I think ECT is a good option for those who are open to it, and whose depression 'does not respond' to Rx/Tx. I was one of the One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest influenced. But at the same, I knew people (family) and patients while I was hospitalized with who underwent it, and benefitted. It just seemed to take a very long time to get cognition back. I was not willing to risk that.

I reached a point during a fifth depressive episode when I told my long-term Doc that it was so bad I wanted ECT. She was willing, but asked if I would try one more AD first. From the age of 17 until age 35, no AD had worked for me. Psych meds were limited at that time. Fortunately, the suggested AD (P A M E L O R) worked for me for about 5 years, when it pooped out. Prozac replaced it, and it has served me reasonably well. A 2 years ago hospitalization included a switch back to P A M E L O R, which resulted in toxicity. Back on Prozac, with Lamotrigine (Lamictal) added.

It annoys me when some people espouse that mental illnesses are merely imaginary figments. And that if they were real, Rx meds/Tx should resolve them.

There is no med, therapy, or vaccine to overcome and eradicate them.

Agree with you that ETC is neither crude nor dangerous. Mental illnesses tend to reoccur. ECT can alleviate some of the suffering of depression.

Again, I was aghast that a new doc would suggest ECT within the first few minutes of meeting me. It seemed dismissive. And felt shitty.

I am totally against ect. I saw what it did to people in the psych ward and it was not pleasant. A guy in the same psych ward as me couldnt even remember who i was even though he had talked to me that morning. It's fucked up.

I had a bad experience with my shrink in the psych ward.. I was taken off my clonazepam and morphine and labelled a drug addict. She wouldnt even give me a antipsychotic though i was obviously psychotic