• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Baclofen versus phenibut

albinopotato13

Greenlighter
Just out of curiousity does anyone know if Baclofen is basically the same substance as phenibut?

Last edited:
They are almost identical chemically. Both act on GABAB receptors. Personally I prefer baclofen. Phenibut has a nasty come down for me. And tolerance builds faster with phenibut. I use baclofen about twice a week.

Phenibut in addition to GABA B receptors also affects VDCC, like gabapentinoids (gabepentin, pregabalin), so phenibut could be seen as a crossover between baclofen and gabapentinoids. Baclofen lacks significant VDCC action.

Baclofen it is chlorinated derivative of phenibut, is significantly more potent by weight. Also, it is much more dangerous in overdose, toxic doses of baclofen are near the recreational. Both have nasty withdrawal symptoms and tolerance issues. If I remember correctly, baclofen is a strong myorelaxant.

Baclofen it is chlorinated derivative of phenibut, is significantly more potent by weight. Also, it is much more dangerous in overdose, toxic doses of baclofen are near the recreational. Both have nasty withdrawal symptoms and tolerance issues. If I remember correctly, baclofen is a strong myorelaxant.
Just out of interest.. What is considered a toxic dose>?

A few months back whilst living overseas I could buy Baclofen OTC very cheap. I'd usually take 100mgs per dose.

I think I may slightly prefer it to Pregabalin.. As Pregabalin gives me sore eyes and a slight headache.

A few months back whilst living overseas I could buy Baclofen OTC very cheap. I'd usually take 100mgs per dose.

I think I may slightly prefer it to Pregabalin.. As Pregabalin gives me sore eyes and a slight headache.
Be careful, baclofen reported being toxic even at 100 mg dosage. Phenibut has much more acceptable recreational/toxic dosage ratio, it have been reported virtually non toxic. Baclofen is dangerous drug when we talk about its acute toxicity.

Pregabalin gives me a headache too! I started alternating between it and baclofen, and I started getting horrible headaches in the evening, I realized it was the pregabalin. So I have stopped taking it. I looked at the side effects and I don't think I saw headaches as one. But maybe has something to do with taking with baclofen