• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Baclofen, pregabalin nightmare

scuba0095

Bluelighter
okay i have to be honest there are some people here who know way more than doctors when it comes to the mind and receptors of gabbba how it effects us etc..

I took baclofen a few months for pain 75 mg, I tried to wean off and i could not sleep for days. I Got lycria to swap with it and to get e out of wd.

as ab ADDICT I HAD NO IDEA HOW GOOD THIS MEDICATION FEEELS, compared to benzos and anythig else i have tried it just took aaway all my problems so i went on a binge.

WELL my binge is over anyone who knows much aout this any clue what to expect? I can't believe others have not asbused this. Gabapentin is so crappy u cant feel it, phenibut sucks also but pregabalin is amazing which is why i will NEVER GET IT AGAIN.

i noticed cross tolerance between baclofen and phenibut.

Check out the Lyrica megathread inthis subforum. There are tons of pages of peoples experience abusing it and withdrawing from it.

It's highly variable from person to person how bad the withdrawal is. It also depends on how much you were using and for how long.

I have taken it daily, doses up to 1200mg in the past with minimal withdrawals.

However, I take Phenibut once weekly and lyrica once weekly and I find myself feeling not fantastic on the days in between.

If you stop now, withdrawals shouldn?t be too bad but if you keep going, it will be unpleasant.

It's a good drug but tolerance rises fast!

It's a good drug but tolerance rises fast!

Ive never known a drug as bad for tollerance building. Literally a cpuple of days of use and you go from a couple hundred milligrams getting you stoned for a full day to the point where no amount under the sun has any noticsble effect at all... all in under a week.

okay i have to be honest there are some people here who know way more than doctors when it comes to the mind and receptors of gabbba how it effects us etc..

I took baclofen a few months for pain 75 mg, I tried to wean off and i could not sleep for days. I Got lycria to swap with it and to get e out of wd.

as ab ADDICT I HAD NO IDEA HOW GOOD THIS MEDICATION FEEELS, compared to benzos and anythig else i have tried it just took aaway all my problems so i went on a binge.

WELL my binge is over anyone who knows much aout this any clue what to expect? I can't believe others have not asbused this. Gabapentin is so crappy u cant feel it, phenibut sucks also but pregabalin is amazing which is why i will NEVER GET IT AGAIN.

i noticed cross tolerance between baclofen and phenibut.

How long have you been using the pregabalin for, and in what kind of dose?

GABA withdrawal is pretty dangerous, if this is any kind of extended/prolonged use I would seriously suggest going to see your doctor or checking into A&E - especially if you get brain zaps or hypnagogic jerks. Seizures are a genuine threat with GABA drug withdrawal.

If you can get more pregabalin... or better yet, gabapentin (seeing as you found it to have no recreational value), and taper off, I would highly recommend it.

How long have you been using the pregabalin for, and in what kind of dose?

GABA withdrawal is pretty dangerous, if this is any kind of extended/prolonged use I would seriously suggest going to see your doctor or checking into A&E - especially if you get brain zaps or hypnagogic jerks. Seizures are a genuine threat with GABA drug withdrawal.

If you can get more pregabalin... or better yet, gabapentin (seeing as you found it to have no recreational value), and taper off, I would highly recommend it.

I don't think the risk of seizures is the same with pregab withdrawal as it is with benzos since pregab isn't strictly a GABA agonist... it's glutamate, substance P and P glycoprotein inhibitor, NMDA antagonist and I believe classed as a gabagenic anticonvulsive but isn't directly an agonist at either GABA A or GABA B (although I stand to be corrected if I'm wrong)

I don't think the risk of seizures is the same with pregab withdrawal as it is with benzos since pregab isn't strictly a GABA agonist... it's glutamate, substance P and P glycoprotein inhibitor, NMDA antagonist and I believe classed as a gabagenic anticonvulsive but isn't directly an agonist at either GABA A or GABA B (although I stand to be corrected if I'm wrong)

Thanks, I had absolutely no idea about this, and had always considered it common knowledge that it worked directly at GABA B.

Either way, given that pregabalin is used as a seizure medication, would discontinuing it not put you at risk from seizures due to the cessation of action at the glutamate receptors or whatever, or is it just simply not a common occurrence for pregabalin to cause seizures at all?

OP - either way, withdrawal can really mess you up, and tapering is essential. Please do not go cold turkey after extended use.

Last edited:
Thanks, I had absolutely no idea about this, and had always considered it common knowledge that it worked directly at GABA A.

Either way, given that pregabalin is used as a seizure medication, would discontinuing it not put you at risk from seizures due to the cessation of action at the glutamate receptors or whatever, or is it just simply not a common occurrence for pregabalin to cause seizures at all?

OP - either way, withdrawal can really mess you up, and tapering is essential. Please do not go cold turkey after extended use.

Yeah, TBH i cant be arsed to look it up but im absolutely sure it isnt considered a genuine GABA agonist... in fact i dont think science actually knows its precise mode of action. I dont think the withdrawls are actually dangerous like benzos or alcohol is but I can attest personally that they are very unpleasant..

Always taper and go on advice of your GP etc. etc