• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Baclofen for Gabapentin W/D??

Krista Olson

Greenlighter
Hi. I've followed bluelight for years but finally registered tonight. I am curious if anyone knows if baclofen helps gabapentin withdrawal

I dont know personally but the other people in Basic drug discussion, other drugs or sober living will.

Baclofen sounds like a cream for pimples.

Hi Krista, welcome to Bluelight.

Zephyr has given you some good advice as to where to find the answer to your question.

Definitely head on over to bdd, we've got a lot of knowledgeable people.

Hey Krista, welcome :)

It might do a little, though they hit slightly different receptors. I'm actually going to forward your thread to Sober Living where you should get more specific w/d feedback.

Good luck!
CFC

Hi Krista and welcome to sober living, I was on baclofen and gabapentin simultaneously for many years. I am no longer on baclofen but still on gabapentin so it's difficult for me to say whether or not it will mitigate gabapentin withdrawals. I can advise you, if you haven't ever taken baclofen, to titrate upwards slowly from a low dose. Taking too much baclofen at once will be extremely unpleasant; you would experience extreme dizziness and disorientation.

Hey, welcome to Bluelight. I believe baclofen may help in relieving some of the physical symptoms of withdrawal. If possible, best to talk to a doctor about the best way to go about it though.

Hi. I've followed bluelight for years but finally registered tonight. I am curious if anyone knows if baclofen helps gabapentin withdrawal

Short answer: yes.

Long answer: find a doctor that knows what they're doing with getting people off gabaergic stuff (most probably won't have experience getting people off gabapentin, but finding someone with experience helping people transition off benzos is nearly as good).

Questions: (1) how long have you been taking gabapentin? (2) What doses have you been taking? (3) What do you take it for? (4) What others meds do you take? (5) Do you have a history of alcohol or benzodiazepine dependency or a history of any particular substance use disorder(s)?