• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Baclofen And Liver Damage And Organ Failure From Abrupt Withdrawal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas29

Bluelighter
Hey I have been using Baclofen a couple months now I just got 80mg per day 20mg four times as needed. I Read with a google search no speicfic dosage but that Abrupt Withdrawal can cause in some people to die from Multiple Organ Failure But I Am Also Concerned about reading that it can cause Liver damage but not much more then that so i mean Like Tylenol you take no more then 1000mg and wait awhile before or after using Alcohol i am wondering if it is similar to Tylenol in this case and if anyone has more comprehensive knowledge,Research or Information Please do post it.... Thank You.

Tylonal (acetaminophen) should be doses 350 mg maximum or you risk toxicity.

The reason you shouldn't use tylonal the morning after alcohol is the way alcohol changes the way tylonal is metabolized making it extremely toxic. As far as baclofen I don't know if it has risks for the same reason.

Wtf dont tell me i need to re-word my post.... maybe shorten it. I am talking about BACLOFEN like the title says.

What are you talking about? I never said anything about your post... I actually did my best to answer your question. Thanks for showing such disrespect. Not like I'll be answering your questions again...

Wtf dont tell me i need to re-word my post.... maybe shorten it. I am talking about BACLOFEN like the title says.
We're here to help you figure your situation out and learn ourselves. DONT BE A JERK TO ANYONE ON HERE. I'll help look up your information. I'm pretty sure you don't drink on that stuff anyways!
In the USA, it's not recommended for anything to do with alcohol. Read the Wikipedia page.

Last edited:
What are you talking about? I never said anything about your post... I actually did my best to answer your question. Thanks for showing such disrespect. Not like I'll be answering your questions again...

I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT YOU! THANKS FOR DISRESPECTING ME!

I made a statement someone is conceited much....

WHY! Nobody had made any Replies and it gets Daily Views By SOO MANY People daily sometimes 1000s in the Sub-Forum For OD.

My bad should've realized that.... I'm sorry

Edit: it's also a tough question to answer.

The multiple organ failure might be related to rhabdomyolysis from seizures upon cold turkying, but that's the only mechanism I can think of. I don't know if I would worry about it too much, just taper slow.

You have my interest Thomas29. Miscommunications happen here. Let's get along and focus on an answer. I will do what I can to help understand and hopefully gain insight as to what is happening here.

I use to take Baclofen, but one or two pills a day off & on. I didn't like the stuff much, so was never addicted & no negative withdrawals.

I have had almost complete organ failure. Your skin turns a tint green with a lot of bruises around the eyes. You actually look like a walking zombie. I took five xtc pills after I got out of jail detox from Percocet, meth Lortab. Weed and when I say organ failure the jail knew I was dying yet did not keep me in ICU. I was in jail with my organs failing and then I became healthy again. The thing was I even had psychosis for seven months. Organ failure feels like you're on the brink of death. You feel a pull to go under but I reached out to my higher power and I became healthy. I cried out please help me and for a moment I grasped that I had to call and get out of jail.

Then off to the psych ward where I stayed for a short two week. My psychosis started in April. And ended in Novemeber, so all in all if you see your skin turning a tint green then you know your organs are failing. If your liver is failing you'll have a tint yellow jaundice and eyes will be yellow. Try not to worry. It takes a lot to stop the organs but it can happen.

Ok My Doctor Who Prescribed My Baclofen Told Me i could Cold Turkey 40mg daily with no withdrawals but i gotta wean down from 80mg daily for couple weeks at 40mg before i do i said u sure cuz i read otherwise on Google searches and he said on his Doctor Database Computer search no one ever officially has withdrawal tapered planned from it at all.

What I NEED TO KNOW NOW Is can LIVER DAMAGE OCCUR FROM LONG-TERM AS IN LIFE-TIME 80MG A DAY USE AND IF I DRINK ALCOHOL with it or should maybe i wait till its out of my system like you do with other drugs such as Acetaminophen???

People drink alcohol and take acetaminophen and grow up fine, but it's still toxic and risky. If you do drink take it easy.

Also doctors database only include what doctors add and if every doctor carries the attitude "it's not heroin or opiate withdrawals so it's not real withdrawals," and refuses to report very real withdrawal symptoms will than of course there won't be any documented withdrawal symptoms.... You can get smart ass on your doctor and say, "Well if there are no withdrawals what about discontinuation effect?"

Your doctor said you could cold turkey 40mg with no withdrawal? Part of it will have to do with how long you've been on it. 1 month is probably pretty different than 1 year.

I'd bet you'd have withdrawals CTing from 40mg if you'd been on it a while.
I totally agree, doctors brush anything that isn't opiate or benzo withdrawal off as inconsequential. I was in the psych hospital recently and got cold turkey pulled off both an antidepressant known for bad w/ds and and an antipsychotic despite pleading for a taper on at the very least the SSRI, I'd been on the former for a year and the latter for almost 3 years and was at the maximum dose for them. I felt like I was on the brink of death for over a week (and I'm still 2 weeks later recovering from lingering symptoms), and the nurses and techs got irritated w me for doing nothing but laying in bed all day and not socializing and going to groups ...but I literally felt like it was impossible to move. Everyone ignored my complaints of withdrawal symptoms and passed them off as nothing, one tech even going so far as to make fun of me -- pulling out her phone and saying "ooh I have texting withdrawals, somebody call the doctor!" and laughing.
This has gotten too wordy, but the point is -- most doctors/medical professionals don't know shit about withdrawals nor do they care about you suffering from it. And baclofen withdrawals are way worse than SSRI and antipsychotic withdrawals so I personally would want to get to a super low dose before jumping off.

I'd bet you'd have withdrawals CTing from 40mg if you'd been on it a while.
I totally agree, doctors brush anything that isn't opiate or benzo withdrawal off as inconsequential. I was in the psych hospital recently and got cold turkey pulled off both an antidepressant known for bad w/ds and and an antipsychotic despite pleading for a taper on at the very least the SSRI, I'd been on the former for a year and the latter for almost 3 years and was at the maximum dose for them. I felt like I was on the brink of death for over a week (and I'm still 2 weeks later recovering from lingering symptoms), and the nurses and techs got irritated w me for doing nothing but laying in bed all day and not socializing and going to groups ...but I literally felt like it was impossible to move. Everyone ignored my complaints of withdrawal symptoms and passed them off as nothing, one tech even going so far as to make fun of me -- pulling out her phone and saying "ooh I have texting withdrawals, somebody call the doctor!" and laughing.
This has gotten too wordy, but the point is -- most doctors/medical professionals don't know shit about withdrawals nor do they care about you suffering from it. And baclofen withdrawals are way worse than SSRI and antipsychotic withdrawals so I personally would want to get to a super low dose before jumping off.

OMFG thank uy for this post that bitch on phone TRUST ME i feel ya i had my baclofen prescrpiton for once a week dispensed they gave me one week when upping my dose to 80mg and they insisted my 56 pills EVERY 7 DAYS WAS A MONTHS worth took me forever to convince and get it fixed Like receptionist said "Nope won't talk to Doctor" NOT EVEN WHEN HE IS NOT BUSY with a patient to see if im right lol?

and man FUCK ssri's and Antipsychotic withdrawals thats gotta like Do some permenant VERY LEAST like long-term side effects or even permenant effects like who knows but fuck THEY SAY ANTI-DEPRESSANTS AREN'T ADDICTIVE YEAH SURE MEANING U DONT FEEL FUCK YEAH I WANNA TAKE ANOTHER ANTI-DEPRESSANT PILL but when U COLD-TURKEY you get BRAIN ZAPS and a huge FUCKING arm long list of WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS.

MAOI laced ciggarettes in proccessed factorys is why people go on nicotine and still crave smokes lol the shit is fucking PHYSICALLY DEPENDANT NO ANTI-DEPRESSANT ARE NOT ADDICTIVE BUT MOST CERTAINLY PHYSICALLY DEPENDANT WHEN USED FOR LONG TIME PERIODS.

Fucking horrible i read about kids killing themselves from anti-depressants lol very few ever get any help and its like taking one plug in our brain and unplugging it and switching it with another plug and outlet in our brains lol.......

IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT CAUSES schizophrenia bi-polar or depression how the fuck can u treat it WITH A PILL???

But yeah I Am going to tell my Doctor what I read onlione CAUSE MY doctor is very good like i told him about Temazepam not Causing R.E.M. Sleep to be Disturbed ONLY SLIGHT degree and NOT ENOUGH TO CAUSE ANY LOWERED SLEEP QUALITY unlike any other sleep med totally ruins your sleep qaulity to shit and he said he did not know that and promptly prescribed me some and one time i said i was buying GABAPentins from friend for sleep and anxiety and he said thats no good cant be doing that here and i GOT PRESCRIPTION for 1200MG GABAPentin Twice Daily anymore then that at a time and u absorb 0% after 900mg anymore u absorb like 6%-12% absorption and 150mg is like u know with food 11-22% more absorption PLUS stuff like capsacin and morphine 44% Hydromorphone and hydrocodone like 14% who knows about other opioids but LYRICA IS TWICE AS POTENT AND I CAN TAKE 1200MG GABAPENTIN ALL DAY EVERY 60 Minutes that is how long it takes for brain to Transport it through the Blood Brain Barrier and before it can transport more again.

But 300mg LYRICA AND I WALKEDS LIKE A ZOMBIE AND PASSED OUT apperently lyrica twice as potent as GABAPentin AND U ALSO ABSORB UNLIKE GABAPentin which u absorb like lower and lower more mg u consume lower it abosrbs the higher dose consumed at one time BUT LYRICA IS LIKE 90% plus absorptino or something and Sodium Or Salt Vs. Pepper be Reported to Help with pain er not pepper Capsacin for GABAPentin like allows it to help nerve pain better by filling receptors with capsacin and then gabapentin can be free to ATTACH to the pain causing nerves or some i dont know thecnicals behind it.

So Lyrica is not quite twice as potent per mg as gabapentin if u include the higher absorbptin try like 5x-10x MORE POTENT PER MG HOLY CRAPPERS like gabapentin helps me sleep but also helps me stay awake with weird speedy feeling without tolerance but Lyrica straight out for a nap.

I been using 60MG of Baclofen at night And I Cold Turkey it when I get sick with A Stomach Bug for And can't even take My Meds without puking it up instantly for 5 straight Days And I experience No Withdrawal at all except from the Methadone which I find the Benzos if taken sublingually calm My stomach JUST ENOUGH I can get the Methadone in Me And BARLEY not puke but I feel Like I Am going to puke up until going to Bed. I think GABA Receptors in the gut and how the Brain And Stomach are closely related so calming your mind might calm your stomach even if you don't notice your mind being calmer. It's the only reason I can think of for being good at Nausea this is bit off topic but they give I.V. Ativan for Severe Nausea at the Hospital.

The point is why Am I not withdrawing Or at least I got some Slight Eye Spasm But I think it's the Benzo Withdrawal although in another Thread people proposed all the other Meds I Am on the Benzos And GABAPentin plus Methadone are all probably counter-acting the "weak And very Mild Withdrawal Symptoms caused By Baclofen".

Last edited:
The point is why Am I not withdrawing Or at least I got some Slight Eye Spasm But I think it's the Benzo Withdrawal although in another Thread people proposed all the other Meds I Am on the Benzos And GABAPentin plus Methadone are all probably counter-acting the "weak And very Mild Withdrawal Symptoms caused By Baclofen".

Making more than one thread about the same question (in this case "why don't I have withdrawal symptoms from quitting baclofen ct?") is frowned upon here, this includes making a post about the same topic in another thread, asking the same question.
People already commented on your other thread, so no need to ask the same question here as well.
Closed for now

Status
Not open for further replies.