• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Baclofen and gabapentin

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
Girlwithbluehair does these two synergies each other. I don't know if gabapentin was giving me like a gbl/ghb type high or hypomanic type high. All I know is I feel alive when I take high doses of gabapentin. What worries me is the addiction I have to gabapentin. I'm on eight hundred four times a day but I never take it right. Even when I say I'm going to I fail. I feel like a worthless soul that will never quit this drug. I mean if I was back doing meth then sure I would end up forsaking it but man I cannot survive without it let alone abusing it.8)

Yeah, they have synergy with each other. Gabapentin and baclofen both give a hypomanic type high in high dosages, both of which are comparable to GHB, but GHB does have it's own distinct feel because it acts on its own (GHB) receptor, which is a stimulatory receptor. I take both baclofen and gabapentin currently and I find them to work really well with each other.

You shouldn't feel like a worthless soul because you feel like you need a drug. You're not at all. I'm sorry you're still having trouble with it, though. I can understand how you feel. The way these drugs work, it's like they allow you to actually be yourself and feel alive, disinhibited from anxiety and whatnot, and it's hard not to want to feel that way. But I find that being on a high dose of baclofen 3-4 times a day actually really helps with this, without the need to take high dosages of either drug, especially combined with a dosage of the gabapentin that you're on.

It just hurts. It's like my conscience is being pinched and I remind myself daily that I need to take it correctly. I just feel that rehab is the only way out. To count the days I have been clean.

Not a lot of ppl get that insight that they are self medicating. Like me I have PTSD from being tormented in jail going through a psychosis with out a advocate to help me. I mean I've been through hell and back. I'm just hurt. And I feel that this is going to eventually do some damage. So all in all that's why I feel like I'm failing. I'm a Christian I'll admit that here idc. The thing is I am called to bigger and better things and not this loop I'm going through over and over.

I've been staggering my doses for several days now and I'm still getting the same hypomanic state. I remember back in 06 I was hypomanic after a weed induced flashback. I was like that until 2008 and then they put me on risperdal and the anxiety I got was beyond anything I thought I could handle.

I mean I loved working, I loved to do things I was always on the go. But I would of blew up full blown manic not too much longer. Man I think klonopin is making my PTSD worse. And I think any benzo will just make it worse. I'm scared of how addicted to gabapentin I am because it makes me feel on the edge manic but being on so many meds the manic state can never take over.

If you like Baclofen, try Zanaflex!! Much more effective!!! Your doc will give it to u you....

I've been staggering my doses for several days now and I'm still getting the same hypomanic state. I remember back in 06 I was hypomanic after a weed induced flashback. I was like that until 2008 and then they put me on risperdal and the anxiety I got was beyond anything I thought I could handle.

I mean I loved working, I loved to do things I was always on the go. But I would of blew up full blown manic not too much longer. Man I think klonopin is making my PTSD worse. And I think any benzo will just make it worse. I'm scared of how addicted to gabapentin I am because it makes me feel on the edge manic but being on so many meds the manic state can never take over.

Part of the gabapentinoid's recreational effects are inducing a stimulated, hypomanic state. This is from their effects on potassium channels, which cause subsequent deinactivation of t-type calcium channels and depolarizations, not to mention inhibition of presynaptic GABA release from some agents. The calcium channels are implicated in the pathogenesis of bipolar disorder, as they are the target of many antimanic, mood stabilizing drugs. So this is the reason these drugs cause a hypomanic state.

Are you implying that the risperidone makes your anxiety worse?

I know what you mean about other meds having an effect on it. I'm currently on an atypical and I no longer get the stimulating, almost hypomanic states from baclofen and gabapentinoids in general anymore really. In fact, they tend to do the opposite, sometimes.

Zanaflex is quite a bit different than baclofen. It's an alpha 2 adrenergic agonist, like clonidine. It doesn't have GABAergic activity. I've been on it before. It has sedative and some mind altering, hallucinogenic effect if you use it the right way, and can induce states similar to an opiate nod. It's quite a different drug entirely.

Well being in a hypomanic state I felt rewarded at everything I did. Like work and fun stuff. I did no drugs during that period and worked really hard. Then the doc puts me on risperdal because I was complaining of whispers I still heard from the massive psychosis I had in 05. After that it felt like all the life was sucked out of me. Started to have obsessive thoughts that caused anxiety.

Then they put me on gabapentin and my anxiety was so bad that I was buying klonopin and Xanax off the street. I would go through a little withdrawal until I learned by accident that gabapentin takes away these withdrawals. And that's how I got addicted to gabapentin. I no longer abuse benzos. I really wish I could live without them. But when my anxiety was through the roof klonopin felt like xtc. It would just melt the unbearable anxiety I was dealing with. I think the risperdal crashed my manic side thus throwing me into anxiety.