back from the dead -- remember me?

jscrew

Bluelighter
Hello to all bluelighters from last year who remember me.
It has been a LONG time since I checked in with the board, but I haven't forgotten the massive fun of summer, 1999.
I see a few familiar faces (Pyro, Noodle, e-rep), and from the posts it looks like not much has changed. When the "New Bluelight" came alive in July, 1999, it was just a few of us, remember? About 20-30 who posted regularly and gave eachother advice and support in the face of tyrannical oppression -- or so we thought.
In case you can't tell from the tone of this post, I have pretty much stepped off the dance floor for good. I turn 30 this year and think there would have come a certain point where my wild behavior would have turned too dangerous and difficult to recover from.
I have put the bullet and little plastic zip-loc bags away and given the cd's to friends. (Okay--I still have Oakey and Sandra Collins on standby, but they're REAL harmless at this point.) I haven't forsaken those friends but I do see them a lot less.
And that brings me to something I have been wanting to say for a long time to you guys.
I used this board and the chemicals because I was hurt and very lost last year. I chose to escape some things that were reality-based and was damn lucky not to get arrested or killed in the effort. The packs we travel in are frightening -- or, at least, they always were to me. I found that anyone who takes any kind of drug on a regular basis loses him or herself a little bit each time. That is the sort of "veneer" you see come over someone's face when they are rolling or about to come up. And when you are in that state, anything can and does happen. Without elaborating, I think I can safely say you all know what I am referring to.
I started using e and k exactly one year ago, New Year's, and I remember thinking "Why the fuck not?" I wasn't willing to deal with my real life so why not lose myself in a fantasy one? Sound familiar?
I became scared to look in the mirror the morning after going out. An above-average looking guy normally, I looked haunted, exhausted and....addicted. Addicted to the chemical, the lifestyle, etc.
I hesitate to use that word for fear of the backlash, but it is what it is. Please don't hate me for coming back to the board after so long with this kind of post. I just think that I am probably not alone.
It's okay to step off the dance floor for good, guys. The world doesn't stop spinning and neither does the DJ. It just looks and sounds a lot clearer.
I hope this post finds you all in a good place for the New Year.
Best, jscrew
p.s. Do not hesitate to email me if you are so inclined.

In my limited experiences, drastic life changes very rarely hold up over the long term. Not because of a lack of willpower, but a lack of understanding afforded to the self, recognizing that change is a continual and very slow process. I can see that you dearly want more than what you have been through, and you will have it. But don't be afraid to cut yourself some slack. Try not to see things in fatalistic, black or white, do or die terms. You'll need that room to operate it if you're in for the long haul. Be strong, and best wishes.

Hi jscrew!!
Its good to hear from you and I'm glad that everything seems to be going well! I was wondering where you've been and how you've been doing
smile.gif
I understand what you are saying, I also think that responsiblity and moderation play a very important role in lifestyle. Doing e can have its positive effects within your life, just think of the people you would never have normally met or the closeness you may never achieved with certain people. I think that it has definately enlightened me and helped me be a better person. However I do not party every weekend with numerous pills and other goodies in my system. The basic prinicples that we all know apply to having a good roll include taking at least 2-3 weeks break. Most people don't do this but I use it as my release and something to look forward to.
I also go out to clubs straight so I really just enjoy the atmosphere and music
smile.gif
Anyway I'm glad to see that things are looking up, keep in contact
smile.gif

pegasus

Good for you man.
The music does sound better with a clear head.

hey , wondered where you had went but good to have you stop in and post ! i hope your transition from drugs to straight is good. but like deep said , leave yourself some slack , unless you feel the need to go cold turkey . i've been saying i'm going to quit for months, gradually cutting back the amounts.
one of these days.... peace !

Hey hey. You're right. I agree. Good for you, and hello
smile.gif

Damn man, I didn't know you were 30.
wink.gif

------------------
_________ ___________
| || || || ||Pyro| || |

People start taking drugs for different reasons. If you started taking them purely for an escape from reality, then it's good that you're giving them up. Completely. Now you can deal with real life, you will be able to gain so much more from it. It's unfortunate that you started taking E for an escape....you may have never seen it's positive emotional side. Although I hope you did glimpse it for a while.
Good luck
miss apple