• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

B.C. injection site risks offending world

Trogdor said:
It's too bad the rest of the world still suffers from cranial-rectal inversion.

Yes, a disease almost as sad as the rare one cranium uppitus rectus

terrible...

Kkool said:
Nice picking on my last sentence; let me reword it: "private concerns such as this"
I love how you think drugs are a private issue, but wealth, and education aren't.
Kkool said:
Why should my hard earned money go towards helping someone who chose to put themselves in the situation of being addicted to a drug? Addicts can't technically help it, but even they made the first choice of taking a drug for recreational purposes.
You obviously have no idea what you are talking about - drug addiction is an illness, not a choice. Addicts don't decide they want to be an addict, they don't decide that they want to take a drug every day, and every doctor I've spoken to about this issue would agree with me on this.
clamjuice said:
And Kkool if you don't want your money going to these centers do you realize how much is going to people who smoke!? there are far more smokers suffering than heroin junkies, so your comment is highly flawed. maybe you should be more concerned about banning smoking before shutting down this ONE center.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Far more taxpayer dollars (in my country - Australia - and yours) are spent on people with alcohol and cigarrette related problems each year, than those with issues related to illicit substances.

Kkool said:
Oh, I like the US bashing. Let me rephrase[\QUOTE]

I like how you get to rephrase every time someone points out that your whole view on this situation is flawed.

Can't be bothered pointing out anymore stupidities in your replies right now, it'd take me all day to point them all out.

Last edited:
Kkool said:
Mind you, I don't think this is a bad idea, just a bad idea for the government. This should be the responsibility of a non-profit organization or a charity, not tax dollars.

Alright... let's go this route...

The government legalizes drugs and imposes a SALES TAX on the drugs (like they do with alcohol and tobacco - illegally...)

Let's say that 80% of this tax goes towards HARM REDUCTION measures, 10% towards drug awareness stuff.... and they can keep 10% for law enforcement of violent REAL crimes.

Income tax shouldn't be spent on drug users...
(Vaguely... though your income tax pays for the police... and right now, 68 BILLION dollars a year goes towards anti-drug law enforcement..... In the US anyway....)

But a sales tax with a percentage of the sale's price going towards programs to help the users who become addicts?
Why not?

At this point, a private company or charity wouldn't work - the government would need a sales tax, then be funding the non-profit organization through grants, etc...

You're adding a needless step costing more money.
Why?

The problem with legalization (er... the biggest one...) is that they have to make drugs LEGAL AND AVALIABLE.
Completely...
In order to stop the black market trade.

This complete legalization will undoubtedly lead to problems at first, until a balance is achieved.

However... I'm betting in 3 years, drug related incidences would cease all together.
In 5 years, OD's and accidental drug deaths would be (nearly) non-existant.
10 years, and there would be safe use measures, clinics for addicts that were self supporting off sales of drugs, and an awareness of all the negative effects of drugs preventing the worst from happening...

As well as HELP for people that accidentally OD - and with less crime from the insane drug laws, more police to focus on REAL crimes...
More money left over (changing the 68 billion a year deficit into a positive number, helping pay off the national debt as well as funding some of these rehab programs....) to pay for additional law enforcement if it's needed...
To help with medical care of addicts....

Legalization on this large scale only makes sense in the long term.

Immediately it scares the @$^& out of people.
Rightly so...

However, anyone acting suspicious would ACTUALLY BE DOING SOMETHING SUSPICIOUS/DANGEROUS.

There wouldn't be "suspicious people" hanging out trying to buy/sell drugs...
Police would have more warning BEFORE violent/victim based crimes took place because they wouldn't have to look at EVERYONE.

Would some people start doing Meth, get out of line, and possibly assault someone?
Sure...

Make intoxication on a drug known to incite violence while committing a violent crime as an "add on" charge...
Federally, there are points added to your offense level for certain things...

Something similar should be introduced for ALL crimes - if you're under the influence of something, you get a more severe punishment.

Just like speeding is bad...
Speeding is worse when you've been drinking.
Something similar to that...

And I'm exhausted and rambling...

The government is the only entity capable of taxing the sales of drugs (once they're made legal.)

This means the government should/will be spending money on rehab clinics and other harm reduction measures.

In 3-5 years(after legalization), I suspect that the currently illicit drugs will all have clinics widely available fully funded by the sales tax.

And I suspect that if I don't go to bed I'll keep typing all night repeating my points...
I don't think I've ever been this tired.
Night.

Kkool said:
Nice, didn't even read the thread, just came to say things like this. And the mods warned ME twice? Sweet.

For your information, I love my country not because George W. Bush tells me to, but because of my experience of living in it.

Please, LOL, the ONLY fun place in Canada is Montreal, your country is like a giant glacier. You're making your country look real swell by the way! If everyone else is like you, I'll be sure to steer clear next time I get anywhere near the border.

You completely missed his point...

I think...

You love your country because they beat it into you.
It was beaten into me.
I was in the Air Force... and bootcamp is all about, "You're better than them, they deserve to die..."
And it's beat into you until you believe it.
It's done in our schools...
Patriotism is beaten into you at every sporting event....

You have no CHOICE but to be proud of being an American.
Why?
Because if you AREN'T, you aren't an American...
90% of being American is PRIDE.
And Pride is NEVER a good thing.

It makes gay people have parades.

Equality is not PRIDE.
Equality is no one caring and you not making a big deal out of it when no-one else does.

Pride breeds discontent, discontent breeds hatred and jealousy... hatred and jealousy breed war.

You are conditioned from DAY ONE on this planet to believe that WAR is a necessary and PRODUCTIVE evil.
And you fight because you're a proud American.
Or you support the troops because you're a proud American.

The government lies to you continually and you continue to believe them because to question them is unpatriotic.

You don't love your country...
And if you do I sure hope you're delusional.

There's nothing left in America to love.

And really... Bashing Canada for being a glacier?
Come on...
You're worse than the other kids that keep picking on you.

You're taking this completely out of context and rationalizing that you shouldn't spend money on programs that don't help you...

Fine.
Don't pay taxes that support welfare because you aren't broke.
Don't pay taxes that support/pay for political campaigns (because they don't benefit anyone...).
Don't pay taxes to fund the war in Iraq.

Better yet... stop paying income tax all together.
(Federal anyway...)
Legally, you don't have to pay it....

But that's a conspiracy theory and another thread...

No one is attacking you or your country...
They're attacking your pride.

If your ego can't withstand the attack, ask yourself why your ego is so sensitive.
Find out what insecurities your ego is trying to protect, and FIX them.

You haven't offered up a single argument against... whatever it is we're arguing about...(I'm tired, we're off topic...)

Anyway...
This thread is about the legalization of support clinics to help addicts.
It is about legalization/decriminalization of drugs.

It's also not.

There is no black and white here.
Stop picking sides that are black and white.
You'll never see the shades of gray if your trapped in the darkness or blinded by the light.

(Oh... that's a good one... I'm keeping it. Hands off....)

Analytical thinking...
Cost/benefit analysis...
Cost of legalizing the clinic?

$1 spent on the clinic has been show to reduce the law enforcement costs by $7.

These clinics SAVE TAX PAYERS $6 FOR EVERY DOLLAR SPENT ON THE CLINICS (that was in another thread somewhere...)

Your complaint that you shouldn't pay taxes for the clinic doesn't work...
You're paying less for the clinic than you would be for legal fees (public defenders, court costs, etc...) and incarceration (millions each year... billions in the states....) and would be saving $6 for every dollar you spend on harm reduction.

If someone would give me a 600% return on my investment (with proven results) I'd throw as much money at them as I could.

Why are they taking away the clinic?
Pride.
They're worried someone might think they're a BAD COUNTRY!!!
Pride and patriotism are the MAIN PROBLEMS in this world.

Human race mean anything anymore, or is it Gringo, Canadian, Brit, Spink, Jap, etc.... and HATRED for everyone you're not?

"If you don't vote for the patriot act, you're not being patriotic!"

WHO CAREs!?!?
Patriotism only leads to war.
War only benefits those in power.

And... now... bed...
Promise this time... no more ranting.
Really. (at least not till tomorrow...)

Not wanting to let the medical facts get in the way of a political stand, Prime Minister Stephen Harper and his Health Minister, Tony Clement, played God this summer by playing politics with the lives of people in the shadows of Canadian society

Dan Small, International Journal of Drug Policy

qwe said:
Not wanting to let the medical facts get in the way of a political stand, Prime Minister Stephen Harper and his Health Minister, Tony Clement, played God this summer by playing politics with the lives of people in the shadows of Canadian society

Dan Small, International Journal of Drug Policy

Played god dressed as the devil?

Who's the adversary again?