• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Avoiding the crash with MDMA - possible?

dopamimetic

Bluelighter
I have avoided serotonin releasers for many years now, fearing of their crash and possible worsening of depression, both acutely as well as chronically. But I begin to fall in love with this empathogenic effect.

We have very contradicting information out there about whether MDMA is neurotoxic when used in usual or low recreational amounts, with a popular study where they confused meth and MDMA (but then again MDMA is a much more potent serotonin releaser than meth, but at the same time less potent on dopamine, and dopamine tends to oxidize readily which causes superoxide related damage).

Do you have experiences with combos, dosage regimen etc to avoid the crash? How about using not full doses but maybe, dunno, 50mg just to feel comfortable? I don't need excessive stimulation but a social boost which the somehow similarly warm opioids unfortunately lack.

MDMA physically depletes Serotonin in ur brain which is what causes the comedown so the only way to get ur Serotonin back is to let ur brain synthesize it back to normal levels, unfortunately theres no other way around this other than riding out the comedown by resting. Benzos will make the comedown a lot easier to cope with!

To negate comedown do the following...

-Consume antioxidants at the end of the experience to wrap up the neurotoxic metabolites forming and help prevent tolerance, toxicity and comedown. I’ve found its best to wait until the end to avoid negating the high, research as well as my experiences indicate antioxidants at the end is similarly effective to taking them before or during.

-Psychedelics, particularly DMT, during or after the experience seem to help get serotonin back in order. Not sure the mechanism but I know there is also neurogenesis happening which may repair damage.

-Ketamine also has lasting AD effects for about a week after one use. Interestingly I’ve alsi found a small bump of K the night before a roll greatly potentiates it, may be in relation to its AD effects.

-Keep dose under 200mg total and no more than one small booster redose no longer than 90-120mim after initial.

-Stay cool, keep out of hot environments.

Pretty much the same things that negate toxicity seem to also negate comedowns too. When I started taking neurotoxicity prevention seriously my comedowns pretty much went away.

-GC

Cannabis DMT and ketamine are top 3. anxioxidants vitamin supplements never helped me at all just eat clean diet.

cannabis smoked all through the mdma greatly helps lessen negative effects.

Yea that’s another great way to reduce/eliminate toxicity.

-GC

Staying cool I think is the biggest factor. Hyperthermia has been directyl linked to neurotoxicity. And rolling at home vs at a concert definitely has a worse comedown for being at the concert. Dancing and crowds = hot.

At home I have an afterglow. At a show I feel like death the next day (but only waking up lol once I get my workout in I feel great)

What antioxidants are most effective here?

In the past I've loved emoxypine, it protects against dopamine auto-oxidation, this really helps preventing stim crash and rebound. Dunno if it works for serotonin too, would be great..

Guess 5-htp dosed at the right moment will help too but the best is indeed to avoid the toxicity altogether from happening.

Alpha lipoic acid is a very potent antioxidant

5 HTP before bed the night after has definitely helped me as well