• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Average Bluelighter loans outstanding

Aren't MBA programs more expensive than other degrees, though?
They assume when you get out you'll be making a lot of money, so they charge you accordingly.

i owe $9,000. i was lucky because my parents paid for my undergraduate work and i was working fulltime throughout gradschool, so i was able to pay for all but 1 semester of grad. so... i was really lucky.

the interest isn't that bad at all on student loans- especially compared to other types of loans. so... i say if you have an opportunity, go for it.

Finishing undergrad this year and I owe 6 grand but only because I got a DUI and my parents forked over 6 grand for a good lawyer so I agreed to cover my student loans in exchange.

Dont have to worry about my debts until I'm earning above the threshold, but by the time I finish (in 2 years or so) probably about $120000, nah not really...thats why I failed maths cant work a fcking calculator...somewhere around $30000, more like $31000 including the failed maths course :D

I'm 25 and sitting on about AU$40k and a $14k personal loan :(

Oh well, my salary can only increase I guess...

I owe $1000 CDN and then I own my education!!

My student loan debt total was $28,000 CDN which does not include the interest.

I started making monthly payments in January 2000. Now I am glad to have stayed at home for my undergrad. I would still have years of payments ahead of me if I went away.

So far I'm debt free, not counting like a million dollars worth of credit card debt
Count it. That is the worst kind of debt, IMO.

Count it. That is the worst kind of debt, IMO.

Not if you keep rolling it over, year after year, into zero percent aprs without balance transfer fees! It's a pain in the ass, but I won't have to deal with it anymore after this summer... getting a good internship that will allow me to pay it all off. :)

My parents gave me the greatest gift that they could possibly give: a degree. I am one of the lucky ones to be able to graduate without debt. *Ducking the thrown vegetables*

captainballs said:
Not if you keep rolling it over, year after year, into zero percent aprs without balance transfer fees! It's a pain in the ass, but I won't have to deal with it anymore after this summer... getting a good internship that will allow me to pay it all off. :)

Sounds wise.

I pay 8k a semester and its in the same freaking state. I'm not the type that would like to leave the country to study, but if its something you really want to do, I would, you only live once.

I'm 21 and i got about £5k in my bank account :)
Think i'm going to study when i got about £15-20K but i haven't decided yet.

I really hate being in debt to anyone, i've got some really bad experiences with being in debt when i was younger(15-16)

i think i am somewhere around 25 grand, US dollars. will be close to 30 when i graduate. not bad considering national averages and whatnot.

$16,000 now will be about $30,000 in debt when I graduate...

£15,000 which is probably about $25000 dollars.

Too much to think about, thank god there's no interest!