• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Autism and Ecstasy?

ozzifar: i think they meant that most autistic people are comfortable with themselves and their own world, and wouldn't worry about such things.

I thought i "enabled" autism on nitrous oxide combos many times. As I would coem out of trips getting a glimpse of the last minute or two, and what I remember it would be something severeley detached like just playing with invisible objects and controlling them with my mind while tlaking to myself in a high pitched voice. The I worked out its just drug psychosis triggered by weed and bulbs.

Limpet_Chicken said:
Fujicrow, "autism" is not one clearly definable "disorder", the autistic spectrum goes all the way from your stereotypical low functioning kanner-type autistic, who is incapable of caring for themselves, right the way through to Asperger's syndrome, in varying degrees of..whats the word...obviousness, to those people who for all intents and purposes, might as well be, and pass for, neurotypical, but who have a few slight autistic spectrum traits.

I actually know what I'm talking about, and no, I'm not judging my point of view on ¨rain man¨ I'm a senior psychology student doing work at a psychiatric hospital as an intern. I believe you base your opinion on U.S. style diagnosing, with the DSM-IV as a bible, which catalogues autism as a form of schizophrenia with mostly negative symptoms (this means that they are not ¨colorful¨ or pictoresque as with a full blown Ego fragmentation as in other types of schizophrenia).

However I'm waiting eagerly for the first installment of the PDM (psychodiagnostic manual) that will complement the DSM, which, by the way, is just an encyclopaedia of symptoms catalogued under various labels and ¨syndromes¨ made by pharmaceutical companies (the only organizations that can pay for research with little effort). The PDM will take the DSM to a more in-depth understading of the various disorders while taking in account a more psychoanalitical approach, which restablishes the uniqueness of each subject and doesn't label some symptoms and leave it at that...

however, from what I've seen in the hospital, a subject with an autistic structure won't be able to communicate with the external world by normal means. Not even while on medication. What you seem to be talking about is some other form of schizophrenia, definitely not autism.

you don't sound autistic either. if it feels fine to be labeled as such and having another form of mental ilness that's not autism, feel free to do so. What you describe as your symptoms sounds more like a pre-psychotic structure or a fairly acute Obsessive neurose structure.

I do know what I'm talking about and please don't take offense on this, but the DSM is one of the most disgusting pieces of work on the field...

if so that might explain why i sometimes feel schizo even before i started trying out psychs lightly. i started narrating to myself what i was doing and talking to myself in the bathroom once when i had strep.

Fujicrow, I am not classical/Kanner autistic, but have Asperger syndrome, I don't base that on the american system at all, I'm English, and in my experience with autistic children and adults, and I know a fairly large group of them, most of the HFA/AS people could certainly communicate, and I have known of some Kanner-type autistic kids that could, to varying degrees.

I take no offense, wouldn't be that easy to offend me anyways, what with the emotional blunting and all, but having known the people I do, and being who I am, I feel fairly confidant in what I say.

Fujicrow- said:
however, from what I've seen in the hospital, a subject with an autistic structure won't be able to communicate with the external world by normal means. Not even while on medication. What you seem to be talking about is some other form of schizophrenia, definitely not autism.

The Autistic Spectrum is quite vast and the majority of people who would fall under this umbrella would not be living in a hospital. You seem to have only seen an extreme sample of the population which would be skewing your opinion.

My brother has very severe Aspergers Syndrome, which is a part of the Autistic Spectrum, up until quite recently (perhaps 25 years ago or so) they weren't differentiated between. I can assure you that he is more than capable of communicating with the "external world" both through speech and writing. I'd actually be willing to wager that in terms of written communication he is more capable than you. He is a very avid user of the Delphi forums and I've seen a few posts that he's written which were several pages long and very legible (if a little eccentric).

My brother has a job, friends, is politically active and sure as hell is capable of making a post on an Internet forum.

Oh, and to keep this on topic, as far as I am aware he has never tried MDMA. :p

Mr_Fluffykins said:
I guess this brings a new meaning to E-tarded

I AGREE 100% and now for once I am actually pissed off about some of the crap we think about while we are on or after X? WHICH ONE OF U ACTUALLY KNOW ABOUT OR DEAL W/AUTISM DAILY (minus the psych and mental worker)

My brother is autistic and i am baffled at why one would think that being shy is caused by autism. AUTISTIC PEOPLE LOVE ATTENTION AND COULDN'T CARE ABOUT YOUR FEELINGS ON THEM. And the other pissing me off thing is we have 2 xtrmemes in this disscusion. Being the 'oh u r so unfortunate to have it' and 'u aren't autistic because u aren't retarded' First Off autistic kids ARE A LOT MORE INTELLIGENT THAN SOME OF THESES POSTS. My brother has done things that I'm in aww over (dad cant get comp to work cause of a virus it stuck in DOS mode, bro walked up to comp out of nowhere and in maybe 4 commands comp rebooted and the commands where not typical 'run' or 'open windows' )

Do u know why they wouldn't post here. Because their main problem is they have a distorted view if u will on society and dont know how to interprit let alone communicate in it. I agree that they dont care bout your feelings to them but its more bout them not understanding u than 'he's making fun of me and i dont care"

And by the way YES it is ALOT like RAINMAN. The only problem w/rainman was he was a very high intellectual in his communication process. All the characteristics Dustin hoffman portrayed r very real. I f u think other wise, take my brother to Disneyland for an entire week and then rewatch Rainman and see how u feel.

sorry for blowing up i generally like the crazy things people say here but this discussion is out of hand and i feel alot more people w/no experience w/this VERY REAL MENTAL DISORDER r speaking. And Im not a complete jerk bout mental disorder situations. I plan on buying The Ringer next week because it is a great movie. Johnny Knoxville is good in the movie but the kids who made it w/ him made alot more funny jokes than he diid

LUV ALL MY BLUELIGHTERS AND I KNOW IM GOIN TO HEAR IT!;)