• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Australia's Drug Spending Habits

I noticed earlier that ecstasy(MDMA, apparently) is in a stupid position. Why is it above cocaine and heroin?

Last edited:
I dont think theyve put it in descending order, just random hence the last 3 jumbled up if it were.

We must be paying some of the cheapest prices for mdma considering we are supposed cookie monsters of the world.

This worries me to no end, we should really look into banning these drugs so the 7 billion can be used elsewhere.

"There is no doubt that the profit incentive is driving it,'' Mr Ryan said.

Am I misunderstanding this comment or has he been misquoted or taken out of context? I can't believe a head of HM body would say/believe that.

Surely "demand" is driving it...

I dont think theyve put it in descending order, just random hence the last 3 jumbled up if it were.

We must be paying some of the cheapest prices for mdma considering we are supposed cookie monsters of the world.

We no doubt have just about the most expensive MDMA anywhere. I thought MDMA would've been higher but it's a cheap drug compared to heroin and Cocaine so this is probably why it's the middle. Far more users but still much less money.

Thats what i deducted from it. Cause i dont see how accurate figures are when...

A draft of the ABS staff research seen by"The Saturday Age"calculates the size of the market using health and law enforcement data on drug use, seizures, purity and import costs.

We no doubt have just about the most expensive MDMA anywhere. I thought MDMA would've been higher but it's a cheap drug compared to heroin and Cocaine so this is probably why it's the middle. Far more users but still much less money.

As tentram pointed out, if you look at the prices on the table they aren't actually in order - ecstasy should be last

Yeah don't know why I wrote in the middle, I did look at it correctly before. I think I was just way too tired when I was typing.

front-620x349.jpg

So why did they put them in no apparent order? They should have gone in price order or at least alphabetically.

It's not worth worrying about, perhaps thats in order of amount of users? In which case it looks accurate, although I'd suspect there is more cocaine users then heroin users in Australia but I have no evidence of this, just an estimated guess.

1.5B on amphetamines, would that include dexies? and if it does would it only count buying them on the black market?

Yeah Im surprised (assuming this study is correct) more is spent on heroin that cocaine, because heroins really not that expensive especially when compared to cocaine, and you need way more cocaine to get high than heroin.

^ I guess there's a lot more people dependent on buying smack every day though, even if it's small amounts, whereas I'd imagine the number of truly daily cocaine users would be pretty small in comparison.

I certainly think heroin is expensive. Espeially compared to other countries. In the US for example, people switch from pills to heroin because it's much cheaper. I don't find that the case at all here.

I've never come across coke, not that id want to. I guess its prob looped with the high rollers.

^ I guess there's a lot more people dependent on buying smack every day though, even if it's small amounts, whereas I'd imagine the number of truly daily cocaine users would be pretty small in comparison.

Yeah that makes sense, heroin addicts probably spend a larger portion of their wage than cokeheads.

Opia8; Im not comparing Australian prices to other countries, Im saying its cheaper for one dose of heroin than one dose of coke, Kind of like the saying 'more bang for your buck'.

No wonder the pharmaceutical companies that market pseudoephedrine are totally against their products becoming prescription only medications. They would stand to lose big time. If people had to actually visit a Dr, and get a script to by cold and flu tablets, surely this would decrease the production and availability (I smoke meth and think they should make it prescription only), but who are the biggest opposers? Pharmaceutical companies getting a bite of that rather large cherry.