• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Australian Sentenced to Death for Trafficking Chinese Meth

I completely agree with you, other than giving them amphetamines.

Most hardcore drug addicts need sobriety, not different less destructive drugs?

Meth won't kill you as quickly as other drugs. (I say this after overdosing on meth several times, I know it's deadly!)

Hell I've been to so many doctors and they gave me librium, suboxone, valium.... etc

I can't even describe to you the relief those scripts gave me, and I always quit.... for awhile... then relapsed

Why did I relapse? Because the US health system doesn't give a shit and you're on your own.

Does AUS/NZ follow up after initial treatment like that? I'm curious.
depends on the treatment center but since its so underfunded theres not enough beds for recovery so most people are doing it alone or never seek help.

My friend i been trying to push into rehab but he won't seek professional help pawned everything he owned his car tv his kids stuff and partners stuff to fund his addiction til she left and took the kid. And still he won't seek help i tried helping him for so many years now fed him when he had no money since he spent everything on meth.

Alot of people i know where given ritalin as kids and progressed to meth as self medication as adults. My cousin was in rehab for meth they just let him go and do this own thing once he left of course he was still getting blasted in the rehab hiding drugs in light fittings.

IDK about australia treatment options but its poor in nz lack of funding not enough services and some people just don't want to get help.

One of my friends cured his meth addiction by taking DMT once and never touched it again and i saw another girl take shrooms once and quit meth. While my friend i tried helping he use to do alot of acid progessed to even smoking mdma on tinfoil using meth mdma everyday. Before meth he was a good person had good savings in the bank and held a solid job with loving parents. Within a year of his first time using meth he was a full blown addict had spent his entire savings tens of thousands of dollars in a month on meth stole from his family disowned by them became a burglar homeless hanging out with bicycle gangs he got a job again but still used meth heaps while working construction. Now he has lost everything and still wont seek professional help

Ok, given your stories (and I know they are true, similar things happen here and everywhere) I get why you have your meaning and there is some reason yet do I think that it's just a mirror of society - in a good world people could use drugs as tools but wouldn't be this heavy addicted to them and literally sell their soul to get some more. If you have a life and feel it, you don't sell yourself out to drugs. Prohibition is always a shortcut.

Ok, given your stories (and I know they are true, similar things happen here and everywhere) I get why you have your meaning and there is some reason yet do I think that it's just a mirror of society - in a good world people could use drugs as tools but wouldn't be this heavy addicted to them and literally sell their soul to get some more. If you have a life and feel it, you don't sell yourself out to drugs. Prohibition is always a shortcut.

Even in a perfect world there will always be some people who sell their souls to drugs...

Maybe I am misinterpreting what you are saying?

I guess look at religion... some people lose themselves and end up killing other people in name of their religion...

Prohibition is certainly a cop out, an easy way for alcohol and tobacco companies to maintain market control.

The deeper issue of what causes addiction needs to be addressed in the world people escape reality for various reasons. Once they are further and further removed from the community deeper in their use without support and love to help them back its becomes harder to help them.

Users need help and dealers need punishment.

5 meo dmt and ayahuasca work very well for addiction compared to anything else but people need the support to find a job and a stable living situation.

Proper education on how to use drugs and keep it together aswell instead of falling into a deeper pit of abuse. Most people are looking to feel some sort of love or happiness that they never had in life.

Agree, most dealers are bad guys just hunting for money and couldnt care less about their customers. I know one myself, and this girl really has no moral, even though she never cuts but guess it's just cause she lacks the knowledge. She tried to make money by selling the gf of a friend to some other guy while the first one was busy smoking (what? Meth, of course. We have that in Europe too, and while I tend to like it personally, occasionally and in medical dosages, a friend too who was before completely against meth, but it's certainly one of the drugs, together with fentanyl, that I wouldn't care if it remained illegal.)

Just that illegality never solves anything, gray area and tolerance neither because both leave the desperate out there alone, well with a bunch of dealers and and other criminals, raising the next gen of street gangsta kids.

I just happen to see less the individuals and more the bigger picture because I never bought from street supply so I did never actually face these bad guys. On the onion at least everybody pretends to be a businessman and LE made me stop even this. Some RC vendors, probably the minorty but the real ones, are psychonauts who care at least about the matter and thus about quality, and these tend to be in constant problems while these just caring for business just make big money.

In the end my anger goes to the lawmakers and law enforcement because of this. The UN officially declared the war on drugs a catastrophical failure five years ago but nobody listens.

Last edited:
5 meo dmt and ayahuasca work very well for addiction compared to anything else but people need the support to find a job and a stable living situation.
I had ayahuasca 4 times (once in south america in a traditional ceremony) and smoked DMT 50+ times over a few years.... didn't fix me. Maybe I was looking for love in the wrong place. Maybe I wasn't ready.

I'm still a drug addict, though definitely wiser and more responsible than before... but still a drug addict :(

I don't know how much I believe in psychedelics "curing" addiction - I think this might just be people having other realizations that make them quit drugs

I don't discount the idea, just a little more skeptical now.

USA has a bigger opiod problem but not meth but they have cocaine problem instead. Meth that comes from southeast asia is on another level to mexican made meth.

South east asia has the biggest problem its really really bad. 6.3% of australians use meth. around 10 tons of meth or more are consumed in australia alone each year. NZ is alot smaller population but use is estimated to be half a ton a year just in the major cities alone. Out rural it gets worse but no data on usage is published. nz about 3% population uses meth with 25% of middle class adults having tried it once

American total populace use is 0.6%
You are incorrect as to USA vs AUS my friend. Customs catch TONNAGE every week coming in. I live in mid south, 6 ton bust in my state 2 wks ago. Super cheap here.
And population ratios cant be relied on, drug users are like politicians, DENY DENY DENY.

You are incorrect as to USA vs AUS my friend. Customs catch TONNAGE every week coming in. I live in mid south, 6 ton bust in my state 2 wks ago. Super cheap here.
And population ratios cant be relied on, drug users are like politicians, DENY DENY DENY.

To my knowledge US customs does not release the amount of drugs they seize per year.... how can we have any data to compare? 6 ton bust? that's daily for US....I can only imagine US seizure is greater than AUS seizure based on the vast population difference

Well when its 4/ zip third down the chain and 700 miles from saltwater or border I'd say pretty plentiful.
As to population percentages, I'd like to know how they collect the data

Super cheap here.

Another reason I would argue that drugs are worse here... meth is made here in nearly everyone's back yard

are you saying 400/oz for meth?

if so I get it way cheaper than that on the dark net (US market) :/

street junkies might pay that much here in the US

shit I can get a gram of cartel heroin for $60.... good shit too! no fent!

No but it would make it less of a problem its about giving them a fix while at the same time giving them job training skills and community support so they no longer feel the need to do drugs.
Noone is going to stop until they are ready to stop. That simple. Sure, it's a disease. I'd trade mine for cancer anytime. Any other disease, you put your treatment in the hands of a doctor in Hope's of recovery.
Addiction, it's all on the patient.

are you saying 400/oz for meth?

if so I get it way cheaper than that on the dark net (US market) :/

street junkies might pay that much here in the US

shit I can get a gram of cartel heroin for $60.... good shit too! no fent!
Watch pricing now, mods may bitch.
That said, weight goes up price drops, pretty rapidly too. I'll pass on buying online lol. Old school, has kept me out of shiny bracelets so far

If I compare the time i spent buying on the street vs online... I spent way more time in jail on the street than online...

Maybe just my experience?

Rest easy, brother. It is almost over.

It is light years easier than the life sentence he would have got here in the States.

Are you guys talking about me? :cautious: I'm the only one from the US who posts at this hour...

I have an extensive jail record.... must be me

If I compare the time i spent buying on the street vs online... I spent way more time in jail on the street than online...

Maybe just my experience?
Europe is the opposite, they are perfectioning their customs and what they can't punish either just disappears or will hit a false positive (have the third case currently). This drug policy is bullshit too, they go for light penalties but catch just so many people so often that the result is the same, add a lifelong driving ban, money loss and huge distress. I'd rather go to jail for some months than to have all these little penalties and probations which sum up and take ages to disappear (15 years). I could nearly have bought some apartment for all the fines they made me pay (you'll sit if you can't pay, but just on top of all).

6.3% of australians use meth. around 10 tons of meth or more are consumed in australia alone each year.

American total populace use is 0.6%

The actual numbers from the respective household drug use surveys in Australia and the U.S.:

In their 2016 survey (latest available), Australians had a lifetime use prevalence of amphetamine or methamphetamine of 6.3%, and a past year prevalence of 1.4%. If only counting crystal methamphetamine, the past-year prevalence is 0.8%.

In their 2016 survey, Americans had a lifetime use prevalence of methamphetamine (only) of 5.4%, and a past-year prevalence of 0.5%.

Australians probably still use more methamphetamine, but the difference is not that drastic.