Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Australian postal service drug law

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cartesia

Bluelighter
First of all, apologies if this is against the T&C. I dont think it is.. I'm not asking for help on how to do something, just asking about an explanation of the law.

If someone hypothetically posted a package containing an illegal substance (small enough to only be considered 'possession' ) to an address, but there was no name on the envelope or return address... Could anyone actually be charged with anything? The owner hasn't 'accepted' possession. They haven't been implicated by a name being placed on the package. The sender is unknown.

Would the package just dissappear?

What about if it were interstate? Would it then count as a different offence since it crossed state borders? But would there be anyone that could be charged?

If someone were charged, would it be the owner of the address? or whoever occupies it? what if it was government housing?

Would having a package like that sent to a property (if it were found) be considered reasonable suspicion/grounds for terms of searching the property? But then what if the police did it themselves?

It seems like they must have already developed some protocol for dealing with un-named packages, right?

I think this wont really be allowed. Here's why, it's all speculation, unless anyone here works for the post or the cops and wonts to admit it how are we really going to know those kinds of answers? Second it's not really harm reduction, people shouldn't be trying to send drugs through the mail and I doubt here is a place we should really speculate on it as it sounds like it could be a sneaky way of asking what works and doesn't.

No name on the mail and no return address would probably set some alarm bells of as it is. They might be more suss on it than usual, I wouldn't know tho really.

But here's a funny story before (I presume) this thread gets eventually closed, it's from the US -

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/678885-US-man-sent-24-000-of-marijuana-in-drug-mix-up

Bluelight isn't here to help you figure out ways to circumvent the law, I am closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.