Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Australian police identification

blacktusk

Bluelighter
A friend of mine was recently apprehended for being in possession of drugs. I was there at the time although i didn't have any drugs on me as I had consumed mine and as such was not arrested. My friend was very co-operative but was still treated extremely poorly by both officers and was called a druggo, dickhead, piece of shit and scum multiple times.
My friend, being the smart person he is took it all on the chin knowing you can't beat the police and instead asked for their badge numbers. Both officers told him that Australian police do not have badge numbers and refused to identify themselves to my friend. My question is do Australian police actually have badge numbers and is it illegal what they did in refusing to individually identify themselves?

I don't think they have badge numbers as such but they do have ID numbers for each of them, I'm not to sure whether it is illegal or not for them to not provide it after they have been asked to though.

that is shocking conduct - to be berated by police.

surely their names would appear on the documentation he will be in receipt of...?

They wouldn't even allow my friend to lodge a complaint, claiming that it is illegal to file a complaint whilst under the influence, even though my friend had not consumed any drugs yet and told them he was happy to give a piss test to prove it. They basically ignored him and he'll be going to court in the near future.

Unless there are other witnesses you have nothing ...

next time get ya bloody mobile phone out and hit record , discretely of course ....

because its a public area you can film or record aslong as your not filming hot chicks at the beach lol ..

a few new years ago my mate had a brand new nokia phone and he was filming us all anyhow I pointed and said film that .. as I had said this my mate turned to capture a man sitting down have a uniformed police officer who was a islander btw and grabbed this guy in a big choke hold with one hand smashing this blokes head back into a wall ...

I said hey you cant do that ... he comes running over saying gimme your camera etc I said that phone has internet access and it justs been sent ..

I said fuck off Or we will sell this to ACA or similar ... ahahah

I then had all 3 cops around me and my mate ... I said go on make a move ... your careers will be over ... they gave phone back and walked away ...

My mate still has still got the footage i think ... probably on youtube or something ...

Last edited:
There were plenty of witnesses as it was out the front of a popular club. Plenty of people standing around were also arrested for drug possession (sniffer dogs) and i'd say around 50 people witnessed the police abusing my friend as they handcuffed him and threw him in the back of the pattywagon.

My friend wasn't really offended by the remarks made by the police, he was more offended by the fact that they did it all and were almost boasting their abuse of power. The fact that their word is enough to file you under the influence of drugs is a joke, especially considering my friend did none of the stereotypical things to be put in this category. He was extremely compliant and didn't once give them any trouble, unlike a few other people who were arrested in the line.

You are very much entitled to obtain at the very least the name, rank and member number/registered number of police who have occassion to speak with you during the course of their duty. Possibly also the station where they are based.

Your friend should seek legal advice forthwith as both police members are in breach of a code of conduct, if not a discipline Act.

Big, bad, pig man... ha ha, charade you are. :\

As fortehlulz said, they are obliged to give you their details as officers of the law and I would look at filing a complaint. Maybe it won't go anywhere, but maybe you will make them sweat a little and think twice about harassing the next person who is in a similar situation.

CIB Detectives, TRG, feds and what not have badges.
They must give you their full name and station location, just as you must always give them your address and name when asked.

Its not uncommon for night cops to act that way, they get a lot of shit, but they wanted that job so they shouldn't take the anger out on people being arrested. Ive been in that situation with supplying drugs half a decade ago but just knew my law too well for them as they illegally searched me, I think they just ate them when they released me.

You are very much entitled to obtain at the very least the name, rank and member number/registered number of police who have occassion to speak with you during the course of their duty. Possibly also the station where they are based.

Your friend should seek legal advice forthwith as both police members are in breach of a code of conduct, if not a discipline Act.

QFT.
Encourage your friend to take it further.
Its all good to talk about it but actually acting is a bit different. Hopefully the officers i.d. /badge numbers can be located in the paperwork somewhere.

Yeah, i'm almost certain my friend will take it further, although we're both very doubtful he's going to get anywhere as I have had friends physically beaten by police officers and it's never stuck or gone anywhere in court.

I can understand police officers being pissed off and uptight because i know they get a lot of shit, especially on a saturday night. But I was completely shocked when i saw them say to my mate "HANDS AGAINST THE WALL SCUM". I could clearly hear them saying to him when he was telling them his details and they were cuffing him "youre a fucking dickhead mate". He did everything they asked without hesitation, wasn't rude or even slightly difficult, he hadn't even had one single drink yet. He definitely didn't talk back or fight the point at all, which i know in most cases can lead to pissing the officers off pretty easily. We were all a tripping out and asking each other if we'd really just heard the police officer say those things. I think most Australian police officers need to get the fuck off their power trip and start being respectful of people respectful to them, criminal or not.

kingpin007 said:
Unless there are other witnesses you have nothing ...

next time get ya bloody mobile phone out and hit record , discretely of course ....

This is good advice - me and my mates have used this trick twice to get out of trouble. First time was with the gumbies - they caught us drinking on the tram but said they'd let us off if we gave them our drinks. Fucking quick thinking ex, as soon as he heard that whipped his phone out of his pocket and told him he'd just recorded what they'd said (he hadn't, but was pretty convincing) and they realised they'd fucked up and let us go.

hyroller said:
that is shocking conduct - to be berated by police.

So many cops are just dicks. I had nothing against cops until they treated me like shit over and over again when I hadn't even done anything wrong. Including throwing me out of the doorway to do a search on the house when they didn't even have a warrant :|

So many cops are just dicks. I had nothing against cops until they treated me like shit over and over again when I hadn't even done anything wrong. Including throwing me out of the doorway to do a search on the house when they didn't even have a warrant

I'm the same, I used to have nothing against them, but every single encounter I've had with cops has convinced me that they're almost universally power hungry wankers. When you think about it, only one type of person really goes into the job, and I think those who aren't corrupt going in are corrupted by the system eventually. Obviously they're not 'all' like that, but I think the overwhelming majority are in the job because they want to strut around in a uniform and tell people what to do more than out of a desire to do good within the community.

So many cops are just dicks. I had nothing against cops until they treated me like shit over and over again when I hadn't even done anything wrong. Including throwing me out of the doorway to do a search on the house when they didn't even have a warrant :|

I've been inside a friend's house when the police have been called by someone else in the street hearing a 'domestic' (which there wasn't at all we were just partying a little louder than we should have been.) and witnessed them stand at the door saying "We've got reports of a domestic we need to know if xxxx is here and ok". Of course my friend who owns the house answered the door and they immediately said they were coming in to see if his girlfriend was ok. My mate said everything is fine what are you talking about, where's your warrant mate i'm not letting you in. He then told them he knew his rights and knew that he didn't have to let them in. The police officer proceeded to say "Mate, you've got NO rights" and pushed past my mate and went into the house looking for his girlfriend. Didn't they feel fucking stupid when they went in her room and found her absolutely fine drinking with another friend.

Is it legal for the police to enter the house if its a domestic they've been called for or was what they did illegal?

^^^^

yeah they can get very rough because they can and do get away with it thats why I thank todays mobile phones have cameras as this footage can be used in court ..

my nokia 6300 has a 2mp camera and can record 40mins of footage without the sd card and with card a few hrs lol

If you ever see a fight or something going down get your phone out and film it .. then if shit goes down you can make $$$$ selling it to the news :D

Cops in general are total fucking dogs imho. I agree that the majority of those drawn to the job are dickheads on a power trip.

I hope something comes of this shitty behaviour towards your mate blacktusk, sadly I doubt it will.

A friend of mine applied to join the force, and failed (yes, failed) the psychometric evaluation. Apparently she had nowhere near enough mongrel in her. Thats exactly what they told her, too.

It seems that you have to aready have the attitude of "everybody here is an offender, and we'll get you all" before you even begin..

Having said that, a couple of my shop regulars are old school coppers, who joined before all this new testing crap.

Hard as nails, but great guys, very fair. (Ex drug squad too, so we have a lot of very interesting chats!)

^^^^

yeah they can get very rough because they can and do get away with it thats why I thank todays mobile phones have cameras as this footage can be used in court ..

my nokia 6300 has a 2mp camera and can record 40mins of footage without the sd card and with card a few hrs lol

If you ever see a fight or something going down get your phone out and film it .. then if shit goes down you can make $$$$ selling it to the news :D

next time i have any sort of encounter with the police i am definitely going to voice record it. I wish my phone had a camera hahha