• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Australian IV drugs; safer practices and useful experiences

ifonly, this topic has been covered a few times so you may not get such a good response.

Have a read in IV Thread

If you really want to get el cheapo, and you live in the Brisbane metro area, just go to the needle exchange. One is behind the Roma St Police Station (and is run by a fantastic group of very non-judgmental people). The other is called QuIVA and is located right near Cathedral Place in Fortitude Valley.

They are free, you can get bags of 5,10, & 20 complete with sterilised water, sharps, swabs and needles. You also won't get the sidelong glances that you often get from dickhead pharmacy assistants. They ask you what you are using for research purposes, but you won't get any frowns, humphs or looks that others might direct at you for using needles.

Volunteers in these places are all about harm minimisation. They also offer counselling, rehab and medical services just in case you ever need them :).

Last edited:
ok sweet, thanx for all the great replies guys. apologies for the bad thread in the first place but yeah :)

im really hesitant about asking for needles at a pharmacy, so i think ill head to the needle place behind roma st police station. except i did a search on whereis, and it came up with 4 cop stations in the area. which one is it behind?

1. Brisbane City Police Beat, Adelaide St Brisbane QLD
2. Brisbane City Station, Charlotte St Brisbane QLD
3. Brisbane Headquarters, Makerston St Brisbane QLD
4. Brisbane Watchhouse, Garrick St Brisbane QLD

from the looks of it, it seems like i'll probably be shooting up amphetamine...but its cut like 1:4 with castor sugar or something, is that ok? will a cotton wool filter suffice? on the other hand im tempted to almost wait until i can find a pharmaceutical opiate, seeing as an opiate would be much preffered and then also i dont have to worry about impurities etc. (do u still filter pharms?) itll prolly be more expensive but i have no qualms paying a pretty damn high amount if it means i can actally get what i want. speed would keep me awake for ages too, which suxors. its such a pity u cant IV codeine :p

thats all for now stay posted i might send out a few pms once i am mor decided on my poison of chocie :)

Last edited:
OK, so you can get there two ways, but i will tell you the way using landmarks. You know where the Roma St Magistrates Court is on Roma St? If not, the courts are on the corner of Roma St and another street which goes around to the Watchhouse; that is May St.

Turn left at the magistrates court onto May St and keep on following it around, past the Watchhouse and you will see this ugly brown building. If you visit after hours, it will look closed, but head towards the glass doors and to the left hand side you will see a large cubicle within the building that is still open > that is the needle exchange. It is open 24 hrs.

In relation to what you your gear will be cut with, and whether it is ok to still boot, consider that you already injecting amphetamines into your body. I don't think castor sugar will do that much harm relatively speaking. The main thing you should be worried about is the vein damage that undissolved particles will do if they get into the fit. Just be sure to (a) have completely dissolved your hit and (b) if you are unable to, make sure that before you shoot you cannot see any particles in the load.

Micron filters are the best. But don't stress, these will come in the sharps kit.

Last edited:
to dissolve something fully entails just stirring it heaps right? or do i use the lighter under the spoon as well? (dont know if this was for H only?)

If you are booting amphetamines, there is no need to heat it with a lighter.

In relation to dissolving it, it really depends on what you prefer. Some people insist you have to use the sterilised water (which is at room temperature). However, my friend who is a doctor thinks it is safe enough to simply boil water, load the required amount straight into the fit once it is boiled (typically about 30ml) and squirt this onto the spoon with the speed. This will then allow the heat of the water to help you dissolve your gear.

That being said, dependant on what it is cut with, some things just won't dissolve at this point. If this is the case, apply a bit of pressure with the blunt stick of the needle (where the plunger is) and try and dissolve it up that way. Once you have finished, squeeze the plunger through as if you were injecting, but only squirt the liquid back into the spoon. The amount you would lose is minimal if you don't do this, but why waste it.

All this being said, if you are that inexperienced with all this, why not wait till someone can show you? Needlestick injuries really aren't something to be taken lightly.

Stay safe.

MR Candyslut said:
load the required amount straight into the fit once it is boiled (typically about 30ml) and squirt this onto the spoon with the speed. .

Do you mean 0.3ml (30 lines )? Otherwise you are scaring me!!! 8o

No, i mean 30ml of liquid would be a really amount of water to mix with the speed.
I know this can vary depending on how much you are booting, how intense you like your shot etc.

But as a general rule, most people seem to use about 30ml.

I have to say I'm with ayjay on this one.

30ml is a huge (read:excessive) amount of liquid to be shooting in one shot.

Can you explain your reasons for using so much???

I mean 30ml of water to mix in with whatever you are shooting. I have never found that to be excessive.

Everyone who i know (or at least, used to :\) would do a standard 30ml shot. Especially when we were regularly shooting half g's of speed.

hahaha. i am a wankety toss. I just went and checked.

What i meant was a 30 unit measurement on a standard 1.0ml syringe. I guess i had always just assumed that one unit equalled one ml, without checking the actual capacity of a needle.

that would make 30ml = 30 fully loaded syringes. Which is absurd =D

Last edited:
stay tuned, tuesday afternoon or thereabouts i should have a decent first time IV experience to share. might even do my first trip report :)

I'm sure you'll love it. Have fun and be safe and let us know how it went.

edit: this isn't absolutely necessary but it's always handy to have some Vitamine E cream (like Sorbolene) to put on your arm after your shot. It just helps with the redness and bruising if that occurs, which it shouldnt if done properly.

Last edited:
Im sure others could answer this, but considering I had this reaction after injecting, Im not sure if it's related to the injecting or drug.

I injected crystal 3 times, starting Sunday and the last one being Monday morning. I'd been feeling a bit queasy after the first blast because the stuff was *strong*. I was also using GHB, which was also very strong. After the third blast I coughed and then dry retched. Then I felt fine.

So I'm wondering if this was just an overdose (stimulant toxicity) from using too much meth (I think I had about 5 points over the course from 11:30am Sunday to the last one being at about 3:30am Sunday) or whether it was just the combination of strong drugs or whether having not eaten anything also contributed to it? I've not had this reaction before.

Thanks! :D

who can say, who_can_say (sorry - couldn't resist) - sounds possible that it was mild stim OD - particularly as you relate symptoms with injecting (queasiness after first, retching after last) - but obviously these kinds of symptoms could be impacted on by a variety of factors - including GHB use (and naturally any alcohol you might have had on board)...

Get some rest and eat something healthy!!

^ No alcohol on board for me. I know good harm reduction ;)

Yeah, been eating food all day, most of it healthy hehe. Will do my usual thing of staying up till about 8 then crashing in bed. I'm feeling much better now though, a little spacey, but that's to be expected.

I IV meth regularly and sometimes feel a bit sick after a big shot. Been told that this is the bodys natural response to too much poison( which almost any drug is) and it is trying to get rid of it. It doesnt realise it isnt in the stomach it just wants to empty it, not knowing it went directly into the bloodstream. Dont stress it will pass pretty quickly.

Nah a good meth hit can do that. I normally have some water ready and some fruit mentos ;)

I also find sometimes My gagging problem like a minute after shooting up is because i've just washed the pick out to squirt any remaining meth into my mouth.. and meth taken orally for me, be it base, ice, powder, cut in an ecstasy pill whatever, will make me sick.

Where i can get fits/find needle exchange around the central area in sydney? or do all chemists is NSW sell fitpacks?