• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Australian etiquette

Here's some more:

• Sit in the front seat of a taxi unless you're female & the driver is creepy,
  • When waiting for a taxi at taxi ranks it's every man for himself and if there is any dispute as to whom deserves the next available ride it is best to resort to the art of fisticuffs (joking, please do not do this ;) ),
  • If you insist on standing on escalators then stick to the left,
  • Don't beleive the language stereotypes you may have heard (outside of this thread). We do not say "struth", "sheila", or "throw a shrimp on the barbie".... calling someone a cunt or bastard is acceptable though if preceded by an adjective. For example "mad cunt",
  • Don't try to emulate our accent, you'll fail and most aussies find foreign accents sexy anyway,
  • As mentioned tipping is reserved for exceptional service only and usually only in the hospitality industry or strip clubs,
  • Alcohol consumption is ingrained in our culture. If you don't want to drink it's easiest to claim you're the designated driver,
  • When greeting someone (regardless of age, gender or how well you know them) it is traditional to embrace them closely, firmly grab their bottom with one hand and give them a quick, perfunctory kiss on the lips. %)

You've gone your whole life and never encountered a round cheater?

Oh and shouting is not ubiquitous to all cultures, Maz. It can throw some people.

Nah I wasnt talking about that so much as the reasons why we do it.

i have a new australian housemate. whenever i say 'hi' when i see him, he doesn't respond, i've modified this to 'how are you?' to actively solicit a response and still nothing. is it standard in australia to not greet people when you walk into a room? its been like this ever since he moved in so its nothing to do with me in particular. i find being actively ignored extremely rude but if its cultural differences i'll let it slide.

does this give me license not to respond when he starts talking about football??

This could be simply that he's not that social.
Maybe he has social anxiety issues.

Or maybe he's just a cunt.

In regards to the football,
do you mean football football,
or just soccer?

ahem. football football is soccer..........well football actually.

I just thought they were for fat lazy bastards like myself.

If your in a hurry use the stairs and run.

That's why you stand on the left if you're just going to stand there and walk on the right. Room for everyone.

Gavin aung than

At the heart of House of Arras is asimple philosophy
Sourcing outstanding cold climate vineyard sites

Perfecting the craft – a fine balance of oenology and the art of blending.

Patience to allow the wine to mature at its own pace

Experience to know when it is at its best.

City + arbtry animal