[AUS] [Sydney] Ecstasy and Pharmaceuticals

Hmmm... maybe a little paranoia here, but has anyone had any bad experiences with this mob, giving info then getting knock on the door? how intense is the questioning?

^^^ It's NDARC - a trusted research body that ensures confidentiality. Have you heard Paul Dillon's little drug info spots on JJJ? He's with NDARC (so far as I know) and is harm minimisation oriented. Such a study would not be supported by Johnboy if it were not known to be completely safe.

:)Smiley

Yeah smiley's right, I have done few interviews can't remember for who, didn't really care, just told them the turth, then picked up the cash, and went to the pub with the "volunteer wages" hehehe. They didnt even ask for my full name, they often don't usually ask for full names just the first name will be enough, no need to be paranoid.

Thanks guys... i'm a little less trusting nowdays then when i was younger... working for the federal and nsw public services on two occasions has opened my eyes to what abuses of cofidentiality do go on from time to time...

:)

I keep calling but all I get is a machine, I feel a little bit paranoid about leaving my number, but I suppose I shouldn't since I call with my I.D. on anyway.

I think people are being a little paranoid, this isn't a sting operation by the police. And they aren't going to get a warrant to search your house after you leave a number on an answering machine at NDARC. Just use a bit of commonsense.

As was pointed out they usually only ask for a first name, and it's not like they check it, so feel free to be creative. Without a name how exactly are they going to prosecute you with anything? And besides, all you discuss is personal drug use, which is barely a crime.

No one has ever, ever been arrested in connection with one of these studies. If they had been you can guarentee that people would know, and then no one would do them. But in the twenty years (at least) that studies like this have been done it has never happened. Similar studies happen all the time with heorin users and you can bet that they are far more cautious than you.

*bump*

I called up for this in September and they just got back to me this week for a new study on use of Ecstasy, Ketamine and GHB.

I have had my first question session, and while some of the questions can be intensely personal, I didn't find it onerous at all :)

They require some more people so if you are at all interested in virtually free money give them a call. The details are the same as in the original post.

CB :)

^^ CB: is it for those in Sydney only? or is it possible to do this via a phone interview?

I'm very interested but couldn't be bothered phoning right now.
I live on north coast nsw, am I still eligable?

This is as far as I know in Sydney only as you have to come in for an interview and isn't just a phone interview. Not sure of the target age however. They do ask for your DOB on the phone (I'm 24 btw) so I can only assume it is for youth (18-25) but don't hold me to that :)

I only ask because the last time I rang about one of these interviews, the guy chuckled when I told him my age :\

I had my best old high school socks on n all ;)

I'm all organised to do the survey on MD, K & GHB in a week or so... It's good money, seeing as all you need to do is talk, and provided you're eligible of course :)

I walked out of NDARC $140 richer a week or so ago. It's worth doing guys, that's great money for fuck all.

Indeed :) Free money with no risk. Some quite personal questions and all but you get over that.

Definite recommendation if they are still looking for people.

I can only imagine the look on their faces when you answered some of those questions CB :p

Tee hee indeed :);)

The questions that they ask are about your past and present drug habits including alcohol as well as your entire sexual history and habits. So if you have a problem talking about 'sex' stuff then this may not be for you but it is a fairly clinical situation so theres not really a problem :)