• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Aus Social favourite recipe thread

Number one most important advice for eggplant - cook that sucker well! Undercooked eggplant is perhaps the most disgusting, disappointing food stuff ever. I rarely order eggplant-containing dishes in cafes, as I can't deal with the undercooked yucky shit any more.

Favourite eggplant recipe - baba ganus (which I have been told means "spoilt daddy"). Bake whole eggplant in oven until well "pooped" (sags in on itself) - it's almost impossible to overdo this so leave it in if you're not sure (see my initial comment). Cool it for a bit so you don't burn your fingers for the next bit - cut open and scrape the gooey sloppy sexy goodness off the skin into a food processor. Pour in about an equal amount of tahini (go less than more if you're not sure - you can always add more tahini but you can't take it back out again), plus salt (although sometimes I use tamari instead) and pepper, a couple of raw garlic cloves, juice from a large lemon and a good fuckin dollop of olive oil. Now process that until you get a nice creamy finished product. Break out the bread of your choice and eat it!

Oh baba ganoush is my favourite! I used to work in a restaurant in Brisbane about 11 years ago (Garuva for any Brisbane people); they made insanely delicious baba ganoush. I'd take a container home with me and always made sure i had crusty bread in the house, best snack food ever. I know the restaurant is still there, but last time i went, it really had gone down hill - sad, the food used to be amazing (they also had banoffee pie on the dessert menu).