• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Aus - Krokodil the ‘zombie’ drug on its way to NSW

poledriver

Bluelighter
Krokodil the ‘zombie’ drug on its way to NSW

NSW Police are warning about a flesh-eating drug called Krokodil that left a trail of “zombies” in its wake when it ravaged Russia.

Ten times more powerful than morphine and more potent and cheaper than heroin, the codeine- based drug gets its name from the physical effects it has on users.

The skin on users’ limbs, where the drug is injected, peels and becomes scaly like a crocodile’s skin.

The use of paint thinner and petrol to make Krokodil (Russian for crocodile) contribute to the corrosive effects it has on the body, leading to gangrene.

The drug rots flesh to the bone, making users look like “zombies’’.

8dd5fbcd282740ab95f348909f36df70

2c420c00dffbbdf264a2bfbefc98c8bf

A senior police source said “it was only a matter of time” before the drug made it on to Sydney streets. “I’ve been tracking it as it’s been coming down. It hasn’t made it here yet but it’s only a matter of time,” he said.

“What’s so scary about it is the precursors are readily available and they can cook it up at home, you don’t need sophisticated clandestine labs — and it’s more addictive than ice. It’s two years from addiction to death.”

The source said authorities were worried because the cheap high would appeal to people who already used drugs.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/he...w/news-story/4bd4e314c4fb76b43aef9fda82ef3edf

Awesome, gonna get me some of that.

What a load of fucking bullshit! Aussie tabloids are a joke.

A senior police source said “it was only a matter of time” before the drug made it on to Sydney streets. “I’ve been tracking it as it’s been coming down. It hasn’t made it here yet but it’s only a matter of time,” he said.

“What’s so scary about it is the precursors are readily available and they can cook it up at home, you don’t need sophisticated clandestine labs — and it’s more addictive than ice. It’s two years from addiction to death.”

The source said authorities were worried because the cheap high would appeal to people who already used drugs.

It nearly sounds like they are saying - We are wondering why no one here is making this yet, it's pretty easy to do it, you can do it at home with readily available precursors, so what you waiting for?

Yeah spacejunk they are a joke but I think that happens all over the world. I know the UK and US both have dodgy papers spewing out misinformation as well.

It's as if some of these cops and journos think that because it happens somewhere else in the world (like Russia) then it'll surely happen and take off here.

Well we had those flakka stories saying that stuff was going to hit Aus hard and I dont think I've heard anything about it being sold or used here still? Although I have noticed some people on facebook saying they think the increase in rapes or murders might be due to this new super potent and addictive drug flakka (here).... I was like wtf..

So people do believe and think this shit happens when papers and cops spew out this kinda crapola.

This is an indictment of the war on drugs. Obviously people are going to use opiates...why make it deadly? The only reason I can think of beyond the money that is made by waging the war, is that they want drug users to die horrible deaths.

I'm fairly sure this story is BS in the first place, but it has me wondering - what effect would a micron filter have on Krokodil? After all it's the leftover chemicals from the cooking process which cause the tissue damage, not the desomorphine itself, would a micron filter be sufficient to remove those leftovers and leave you with pure desomorphine?

What a load of crap. The article says it has made its way to NSW then goes on to have some cop say its only a matter of time. Fucking Murdoch papers and their hysteria

why not just let people have better opiates? Desomorphine was the crack of the opiate world if IIRC. All rush, no legs.

There's no evidence it actually exists here, the article is just fear mongering.

It's true we have OTC codeine (although it's becoming increasingly difficult to access in large quantities), but krokodil emerged in Russia for reasons that arguably have more to do with the social environment, the state of the opiate market and the country's drug laws and lack of HR/treatment facilities than they do with OTC codeine.