Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

AUS - Inside the luxury life of fugitive dark web drug kingpin couple

poledriver

Bluelighter
Inside the luxury life of fugitive dark web drug kingpin couple

6790cd810bea0bcc1249323e7aacf45c

THEIR case reads like a movie script.

A mum and dad charged with cooking up vast quantities of drugs and distributing them on the internet black market skip bail and reinvent themselves as a well-heeled family in an affluent suburb on the other side of the country.
But the story doesn’t end there.

Instead of lying low, the Gold Coast couple, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, enrol their daughters in one of South Australia’s most exclusive private schools and allegedly reprise their role as Australia’s “dark net drug kingpins”.
Except this time the product is not ice, heroin or cannabis — drugs the pair were allegedly supplying online up until their first arrest in July last year — it’s a psychedelic mushroom rarely found in this country.

The couple (he is 41 and she is 46) were arrested on Monday in spectacular fashion just hours after police released photographs of the nation’s most wanted fugitives and the calls started rolling in to CrimeStoppers.
As The Advertiser exclusively reported, plainclothes detectives descended on the pair as they arrived at Adelaide’s exclusive Walford Anglican School for Girls to collect their two daughters.

Onlookers were reportedly none the wiser as undercover officers captured the couple without incident in full view of parents and students just before 4pm.
Walford is regarded as one of the state’s most prestigious girls’ schools and boarders fork out more than $20,000 in annual fees.

Principal Rebecca Clarke sent a letter to parents to bring them up to speed with the dramatic events and to reassure them that no child was placed at risk during the sting.
According to The Advertiser, which obtained a copy, Ms Clarke explained that “police were required to attend the school grounds”.

“Their attendance was in response to an investigation that does not involve the school or any event or circumstance related to the school,” the letter continued.
“At no stage was there any risk to students, staff or members of the Walford community”.

343bd15f8ddb343adbfc46d56a80bac3

3c9ca62d9036c9445c449fe429682473

Police will allege that when they searched the couple’s home in the affluent suburb of Goodwood, they found a “large commercial quantity of the controlled drug psilocybin” — a hallucinogenic mushroom — being grown in plastic tubs.
Sturt Criminal Investigation Branch (CIB) Detective Chief Inspector Wayne Overmeyer, told reporters it was “unusual” to discover psilocybin being hydroponically grown in the state.
“(I) want to reiterate the dangers of producing drugs of any kind in the home,” he said.

Psilocybin is a naturally occurring psychedelic compound found in more than 200 species of mushroom and produces mind-altering effects similar to those brought on by ingestion of LSD and DMT.
American counterculture figure Timothy Leary conducted early experiments into the drug’s effects in the 1960s.

Cont -

http://www.news.com.au/national/cou...e/news-story/d9caff9174ded7b00c14f0631a12861d

Wait... psilocybin mushrooms are rare in Australia!? Is that accurate?

They apparently grow in certain places in certain conditions but unless you are really into them they are not common to come across. I've tried 3 differing lots here (from cow dung) and they were all weak as. When I went to Bali on a few holidays there over a few years I had some and they were very potent and an amazing trip, each time.

Some people who know what they are doing or know where to look here in Aus will no doubt have very different experiences or opinions to mine.

Oh, I was wondering more about their rarity as a recreational drug, not so much about how rare they are in thr wild. I would guess that about 99% of psilocybin mushrooms used recreationally are farmed.

I've never been personally offered shrooms or know of anyone selling them, unlike lsd, weed, speed, xtc etc which are very common.

I've never been personally offered shrooms or know of anyone selling them, unlike lsd, weed, speed, xtc etc which are very common.

Huh, that's a surprise to me. Here they are far more common than LSD and any other psychedelics. You can purchase seeds and growing paraphernalia at head shops and many people grow them in closets.

Im down under and agree mushrooms are way more common than other psychedelics. This is in the southern east coast mind you, they grow prolifically.

Never known any home grown pysilocybes in Aus other than in the wild. Was considering it years ago myself, but it really is too easy to find naturally. I used to find and dry many, many shrooms. I had a frrezer full after one dedicated season, literally. There is no need to grow in a terranium.

I want to add, drug kingpins? Not sure the history but shrooms dont sell for much!

Im down under and agree mushrooms are way more common than other psychedelics.

Really? That hasn't been my experience over the last 20-25 years of my drug taking life. I've seen a lot of LSD in those years but I've only come across shrooms in Byron a few times that we went and picked and they were crap, hardly had an effect at all. Where as the ones we had in Bali in the early to mid 90's (when they were legal there) were so fuckin potent they blew us away, such an amazing trip! An experience I will never forget.

I've not spend much time in Adelaide or Melbs though, I have been to each place once and did consume drugs (MD, LSD, weed).

I've spent most my days in Syd and Byron areas. LSD has been really common in my circles over the years, microdots, sugar cubes, perforated cardboard trips etc. But shrooms I have never been offered or known anyone selling them, even friends of friends etc. Except the two times in Byron that we went and picked them in fields, but as I said they were shit (pun intended), i'm not sure if they were the wrong ones or too smaller a dose or what but they didnt do much for me.

Different areas and states and contacts I guess. Not really too surprising. It's good to hear other peoples experiences.

I agree they don't sound like drug king pins at all. Drug king pins to me would be people who are making or importing very large amounts, like via yachts or in shipping containers and running big labs in oz, things like that.

how does this read like a movie script.
just dumbass cops wasting tax dollars again