• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Aus - Draconian Drug Laws proposed in Victoria

poledriver

Bluelighter
An unpublicised amendment to the “Ice” legislation makes it a crime, punishable by 5 years jail, to possess information about cultivating a drug of dependence (aka Cannabis).

Surely this form of censorship is a bridge too far in the escalating war on drugs?
What do you think?

The ban includes the possession of books, magazines and web pages.
Read for yourself this extraordinary legislation called, the “Drugs, Poisons and Controlled Substances Amendment Bill 2015”, particularly section 71E and 71F which passed the Victorian lower house on the 25th November.

12313933_810766482383321_5675646108674842226_n.png

http://www.parliament.vic.gov.au/static/www.legislation.vic.gov.au-bills.html

....yet you can buy home-brew beer kits at the supermarket.
What a load of crap.
Impossible to fairly police this sort of legislation, it seems to be suggested to simply throw the book at certain individuals.
(No pun intended)

Pretty soon we will have thought police that just knowing certain things will get you put in jail.

I mean this is crazy! This reminds me of the nazi book burning because the books contained information that was against their regime, or contained ideology that didn't match Hitlers.

This is obscene. I really hope this does not pass. As a Victorian I take real exception to this thought policing bullshit.

It seems really strange and contradictory to me that Victoria was the first Australian State to approve medical cannabis, but only a few months after passing that legislation the State is attempting to take this draconian step to outlaw materials which outline how to cultivate said medical cannabis. Boggles the mind really.

The nerve; the gall; the brashness of these irrational idiots. Wow. Just wow. How low can they go?

This is obscene. I really hope this does not pass. As a Victorian I take real exception to this thought policing bullshit.

It seems really strange and contradictory to me that Victoria was the first Australian State to approve medical cannabis, but only a few months after passing that legislation the State is attempting to take this draconian step to outlaw materials which outline how to cultivate said medical cannabis. Boggles the mind really.

Australia is quite a lot like the US in the regard that corporate entities want to keep their money making cash cow (in this case potent cannabis) to themselves and take the power out of the common man's hands. I believe the ability to grow good pot is going to have to be an oral tradition...just like how my father taught me.

But no matter how many times we see a TV expóse about why circumcising (read: mutilating) defenceless baby boys is a really bad idea, we've yet to hear of any politician attempting to outlaw circumcision, which, for all intents and purposes, is a disgusting and degrading act performed on a defenceless infant that involves pain, suffering and a definite loss of normal sexual function as an adult.

There are some things in this world I just don't fucking understand.

dude that is such a far leap towards circumcision that I don't think it has any relevance to this thread at all.

Flynnal goes on and on about circumcision, i'm not sure why, I'm quite happy with my circumcised dick :D

But no matter how many times we see a TV expóse about why circumcising (read: mutilating) defenceless baby boys is a really bad idea, we've yet to hear of any politician attempting to outlaw circumcision, which, for all intents and purposes, is a disgusting and degrading act performed on a defenceless infant that involves pain, suffering and a definite loss of normal sexual function as an adult.

There are some things in this world I just don't fucking understand.

Not that I recommend it, but liberally applying some meat tenderizer just may get you the sensitivity you're looking for.