• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ativin abuse

Wondering Jade

Greenlighter
I have a very close friend, that is a long time user of Ativan for anxiety. I just learned he took 43 1mg in 3 days. Is this possible?

Like previously stated on your other thread - Yes, it is possible - He needs to be careful though.

It is. I took doses equivalent to those but other benzos as I disliked Ativan when I was still using benzos recreationally. It is possible and maybe not even rare but he doesn't take those kind of amounts just for anxiety.

Why did you ask btw? Are you trying to get confirmation whether your friend is abusing benzos and want to help your friend?

Yes, we are in a relationship. He got them refilled 5/1 and disappeared, I went last night to do a pill count and thats what was missing.

He says, he has built up a tolerance to it so it takes more. He seems to minimize this! I am not stupid to drug abuse as I've had problems with my son through the years. From what I have learned. he will abuse his script the first 2 weeks, then borrows the last 2 from a relative. So, the last 2 weeks are pretty normal. He is prescribed 4 pr day. I wonder if he is snorting them. He seemed to be nasally irritated! Any information you can share will be greatly appreciated. I need to know what I'm facing!!!!

Snorting is unlikely if he knows how that drug works and just plain stupid if he does it since it won't help in anyway to get more out of that drug. Using 43mg in three days is severe enough and doesn't have to involve snorting to be bad.

Well if he continues to use you'll pretty much already know how he behaves while on a binge. Disappearing from loved ones is one thing that shows he isn't doing well or behaving cohesively.

If you wan't him to stop you should bring this up and see if he agrees that he has a problem. If he doesn't admit it or won't do anything to get rid of that habit then you have some tough decisions to do.

Anyhow if he wants to quit I would suggest that you get some professional help as benzo withdrawals may be even fatal and he has to deal with underlying causes for abusing drugs or it would be pretty hard to stay sober.