• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Ativan (lorazepam) -Poll-

#1-3 Is Ativan Recreational for you? #4-6 If you hallucinate off it, is it enjoyable?

• Definitely recreational, great benzo experience

Votes: 220 32.9%
  • Meh alright, a little too weak for me, still fun

Votes: 316 47.3%
  • Didn't like it at all, not recreational

Votes: 132 19.8%
  • I hallucinate and enjoy that part of it the most.

Votes: 37 5.5%
  • I hallucinate but ignore it and have fun

Votes: 35 5.2%
  • I hallucinate and it's the worst experience ever

Votes: 19 2.8%

• Total voters
Be careful making statements such as "this benzo is better than that benzo." While it may be true for yourself, you have to take into consideration the fact that the effects of different benzos can be extremely subjective (I say this too often). I even find that if I don't do a particular benzo for a few years and then try it again, I can get a completely different experience. I used to dislike lorazepam, but lately I've been getting more out of it.

before i had my tonsils taken out when i was 17, they gave me IV ativan and IV demerol and i can say that the 15 minutes that i fought passing out was one of the most euphoric, relaxing, and amazing experiences i have ever had.

It definitely feels like a benzo, although for some reason whenever I am given ativan I always get a very bad case of restless legs...

Anyone else experience this?

And I got a IMed 2mg of Ativan for a panic attack at the urgent care clinic like a week ago and the doctor there told me that it is the strongest one out of the benzos.. which I do not believe..

trichr0me said:
It definitely feels like a benzo, although for some reason whenever I am given ativan I always get a very bad case of restless legs...

Anyone else experience this?

And I got a IMed 2mg of Ativan for a panic attack at the urgent care clinic like a week ago and the doctor there told me that it is the strongest one out of the benzos.. which I do not believe..
That Doc was sucking shit out of his thumb. Temesta is just an average, common benzo. Through injection, Dormicum is the strongest of any benzo, it's used as pre-anesthetic, for deep sedation on the IC, and for sedation and amnesia during "invasive procedures", in the hospital.

Anyone tried IV Temesta? How does it compare to any other benzo's taken IV, like for example Valium, Rivotril or Dormicum? I'll be getting 4mg/ml generic Temesta vials from a friend, and I'm really curious to it's effects when IV'ed. Obviously it would be nowhere near IV Dormicum, but IV Rivotril was pretty good, I hope IV Temesta would be like IV Rivotril as well.

for anxiety, the best bet is clonazepam
xanax are too addictive, and the lorazepam don't work well.
IME

Well I just took 4mg of ativan an hour ago,
Wow I'm getting double vision, Hard to see what I'm typing..
I got up and stumble around the house, then decieded to fall back into bed WOW
This was my first to benzos in years (COOL ASS HIGH)
Did I take to much and started at 2mg or what

I was prescribed lorazapam briefly.
I found it to have a good ratio of anxiolysis to impairment and sedation.
Probably not as good for getting "fucked up" though.

ebola

I find it odd that so many bluelighters bash this med; obviously it's a subjective experience. My experience must be a minority, as I have found lorazepam to be a fair good benzodiazpepine, particularly for anxiety, agitation, and restlessness. It's certainly not "shitty".

Psych0naut said:
That Doc was sucking shit out of his thumb. Temesta is just an average, common benzo. Through injection, Dormicum is the strongest of any benzo, it's used as pre-anesthetic, for deep sedation on the IC, and for sedation and amnesia during "invasive procedures", in the hospital.

Anyone tried IV Temesta? How does it compare to any other benzo's taken IV, like for example Valium, Rivotril or Dormicum? I'll be getting 4mg/ml generic Temesta vials from a friend, and I'm really curious to it's effects when IV'ed. Obviously it would be nowhere near IV Dormicum, but IV Rivotril was pretty good, I hope IV Temesta would be like IV Rivotril as well.

Is temesta temazepam?

Cause i Iv'ed that and its pretty nice not as good as seresta though (because seresta is a little water soluble its just better)

oh and i dont think it actually compares to the water soluble benzos , the only benzo i liked injecting was Loprazolam

ativan is a very weak benzo for me. i have to take 5mg or more to even feel much. at doses in the 8mg range i find it to be sedating and relaxing, but ativan is probably the worst benzo i have tried out of the anxiolotic benzos...

I use it occasionally for my insomnia but it doesn't help much and I develop tolerance to it very quickly. As far as hallucinations are concerned I've never had them on it but then again the maximum I've taken it 5 mg.

unsui said:
ativan is a very weak benzo for me. i have to take 5mg or more to even feel much. at doses in the 8mg range i find it to be sedating and relaxing, but ativan is probably the worst benzo i have tried out of the anxiolotic benzos...

The general consensus is this is one of the weakest if not the weakest little old lady benzo around. It is the "Go to benzo" prescription for docs in the ER describing anxiety and panic attacks.

I find it slightly recreational. The best use I have found for it is to mix it with other more potent benzos like valium and xanax. Thats my advice.

-Triz

Well i was injected with lorazepam at the "highest legal dose" (they might of been lying i don't know if there is a fixed limit) i couldn't stand up but was trying (and failing) to fight back.
In england psychiatric hospitals it is used (volantarliy or forced) as prn to calm people down.

I don't find it recreational without other substances really, but it is better than nothing.

I don't like Ativan, it makes me feel space out, it's half life is longer than Xanax but it makes you feel froggy or weird. It's like walking around like a zombie, that's my experience.

The wife has IVed it before. I don't think she liked it much at all, I think she expected a much better high from it. She takes lots of xanax so maybe that had some effect on it, i am not sure, but i do know she didn't like it very much.

ativan will always have a place in my heart. they did make a difference when i was going through opiate withdrawal. i was a fucking mess when i didnt have them. i actually went into a walk in begging for them at one point, and i did get them. one of the good things about them is how easy it is to get them. i actually had a doctor tell me you could swallow a whole bottle and not overdose and he gave a script out with no problems even after i told him i was going though opiate withdrawal.